• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Vire

Finally beat the last boss, awesome DLC. Still haven't beaten the optional boss or got the weapon that's down the well... But I'm kinda dreading both of those.

Jesus,
Ludwig
was a nightmare. I can't even begin to count the number of blood vials I wasted (hundreds) trying to take him down. I finally got the fight down to a science and managed to
survive his second form
. Feels good, man. I'm level 105 on NG+ for reference. Regardless, that was an incredible fight. Already a top-tier boss battle candidate across the entire "series."

GRIP

I have no fucking clue how I did it, but
OoK
is done. At two points in the fight I had a sliver of health (first time I actually thought I was dead), and I also used up all my blood vials while he still had about 1/4 of his health left. Kinda assumed I was going to die after that and started playing much more aggressive and next thing I knew he was dead. Surprisingly, I think it only took around 5-6 attempts.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
anyone know where the constable garb is? I didn't come across it anywhere in the first area

In the area where you can see the
whirligig saw
from but not get it (also around where
the saif
is) go up the ladder then drop down onto the wooden beams straddling the trench. It should be on the other side.

dmr87

anyone know where the constable garb is? I didn't come across it anywhere in the first area

Just picked it up a few minutes ago, saw it by chance. Take the Nightmare Church lamp then backtrack past the big dude with the cannon and up the ladder. Run over the hill and you'll see it on the other side, you need to drop down on the wooden beams and walk over. The hunter below will try to shoot you so you need to hurry across.

Ferr986

I have no fucking clue how I did it, but
OoK
is done. At two points in the fight I had a sliver of health (first time I actually thought I was dead), and I also used up all my blood vials while he still had about 1/4 of his health left. Kinda assumed I was going to die after that and started playing much more aggressive and next thing I knew he was dead. Surprisingly, I think it only took around 5-6 attempts.

Similar happened to me, I was without vials when he had a good chunk of HP and suddenly I got gud. Problem is that was after 2 hours worth of tries lol

Sawneeks

Banned
Wiki says that the doll has new dialogue after killing
Maria
?

Didnt get anything new myself.

I got it, actually. Right after I beat the boss I went back to level and she said something along the lines of
" Hunter, I feel as if a weight has been lifted, a far off shackle has been released. What is this feeling? Perhaps it is nothing..."

Not sure where you could find the exact line, maybe the lore thread?

In the area where you can see the
whirligig saw
from but not get it (also around where
the saif
is) go up the ladder then drop down onto the wooden beams straddling the trench. It should be on the other side.

Just picked it up a few minutes ago, saw it by chance. Take the Nightmare Church lamp then backtrack past the big dude with the cannon and up the ladder. Run over the hill and you'll see it on the other side, you need to drop down on the wooden beams and walk over.

thanks guys!

Wiki says that the doll has new dialogue after killing
Maria
?

Didnt get anything new myself.

Doll keeps randomly reciting her first introduction speech for me. Didn't get anything new myself.

Like yo I just killed Defiled Amygdala, I already know you power me up with blood echoes girl.

Spoo

Did
Lawrence
. Kind of a boring fight until the end, and then it turns into waiting for him to use a single move to go in on him. I didn't win, but had him down to like 1/10th HP. Yet another kind of unfun fight :\

Pretty much the only fight in this expansion that I have truly enjoyed is
Orphan of Kos
. Just need this guy down and I'll have all the achievements and can say goodnight to this game

edit: Also, kind of lame that after
Kos, there's really no "ending" -- Kind of leaves you wishing there was a bit more punch to in theory the 'last boss' of the expansion. A cutscene would have been nice.
edit again: apparantly there is. Going back to 'get it'

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Druv is the MVP of this thread, gat dang. 2 for 2 on these co-op bosses.

Ferr986

I got it, actually. Right after I beat the boss I went back to level and she said something along the lines of
" Hunter, I feel as if a weight has been lifted, a far off shackle has been released. What is this feeling? Perhaps it is nothing..."

Not sure where you could find the exact line, maybe the lore thread?

Maybe she only says it if you go right back after the boss. I didn't get it myself but I didn't speak with her till way later.

Doll keeps randomly reciting her first introduction speech for me. Didn't get anything new myself.

Like yo I just killed Defiled Amygdala, I already know you power me up with blood echoes girl.

I think there's some glitch with her first line. Like, and hour ago I went to the dream and when I speak to her, her menu directly appeared, without any dialogue. Wish it was always that way, honestly lol

How long is the dlc? Sorry didn't see it posted on the last few pages.

Took me 12-13 hours aprox. Almost half of them constantly dying at three bosses lol

Did
Lawrence
. Kind of a boring fight until the end, and then it turns into waiting for him to use a single move to go in on him. I didn't win, but had him down to like 1/10th HP. Yet another kind of unfun fight :\

Pretty much the only fight in this expansion that I have truly enjoyed is
Orphan of Kos
. Just need this guy down and I'll have all the achievements and can say goodnight to this game

edit: Also, kind of lame that after
Kos, there's really no "ending" -- Kind of leaves you wishing there was a bit more punch to in theory the 'last boss' of the expansion. A cutscene would have been nice.
edit again: apparantly there is. Going back to 'get it'

Optional boss is shit. Like, First and Fourth boss were ballshit hard to me but I appreciate them as very good bosses. But this one... even the new stuff of this fight is boring and shit. It's the Ancient Dragon of Bloodborne.

Rajang

Any tips for
Maria
?

This is how I beat the boss first try on NG+:

I use Ludwig and I was struggling in the beginning using 2h mode because of the boss' fast movement. Parry/visceral is very strong against this boss.

Grimløck;187019999 said:
church pike moveset is legit

Yeah, its like a much better Burial Blade. Incredible reach in 2h mode and the attackspeed in 2h mode is faster than alot of 1h weapons. It's an incredible weapon.

I think I fucked up the Brador side quest.

During the 2nd encounter, I fell off and initiated the 3rd one and now he won't spawn on the bridge but he still spawns at the cell.

Tcab96

Think I just killed my Beckoner. 😂😂

We were fighting Ludwig and I tried to hit the big beast with my Madara's Whistle. It jumped out of the way before it coulf attack, and I dashed to the side before it could get me instead.

Next thing I know, I get a prompt saying I'm being returned to my world since my Beckoner died. I look around, wondering when they died since Ludwig had been staggered and didn't attack. I find their dead body where I was previously standing and where my snake spawned.

Oops. So, no more Madara's Whistle while helping out, huh?

Or do it when I'm trying to troll them.

Yeah, its like a much better Burial Blade. Incredible reach in 2h mode and the attackspeed in 2h mode is faster than alot of 1h weapons. It's an incredible weapon.

I might have to do a build around it then. Burial Blade is the only reason I managed to finally kill Defiled Amygdala. Those overheads are so good in here, but rarely useful in the main game.

Laurence's theme's final phase might be the best music in the whole series.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Heh I've killed lawrence almost as many times as he's killed me now. Still it's scary that he can two shot me if i'm not careful

Also this is the fastest and the most impressive of my Lawrence bashings

I only fought him a couple times, doesn't seem like a great fight. Also after the whole gauntlet that is this DLC I was kind of ready to just get it over with. I hope this isn't indicative of Dark Souls 3's overall difficulty level!

I only fought him a couple times, doesn't seem like a great fight. Also after the whole gauntlet that is this DLC I was kind of ready to just get it over with. I hope this isn't indicative of Dark Souls 3's overall difficulty level!

Yup sure hope most fights aren't like lawerence and are more like ook, that fight i enjoy.

Shin-chan

I hope we get a The Old Hunters OST to download at some point. Would be nice if you were entitled to it if you had activated the code for the main games OST too.

Beat the third boss, activated the optional one and did a first pass at him (doesn't seem that bad, I got him down to 2/3's health and then died on a stupid mistake), and I've explored a bit of the third area. The third area has pretty cool atmosphere and I dig the enemies, the big dudes with the anchor weapons are a doozy.

Wagram

I hope it is, because the base game was boring as hell by comparison to the DLC.

Top Bottom