• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I hope it is, because the base game was boring as hell by comparison to the DLC.

I hope you realize you are in the minority on this one (not to say you're wrong by any means! Good for you, but most of us aren't that godlike)

I hope you realize you are in the minority on this one (not to say you're wrong by any means! Good for you, but most of us aren't that godlike)

I love Bloodborne. It's one of my favorite games ever.

Compared to the DLC, I hate Bloodborne. The base game is unfulfilling.

The DLC is exactly what I had hoped Bloodborne 2 would evolve to.

I hope it is, because the base game was boring as hell by comparison to the DLC.

I am going to agree only two bosses in the base game gave me any real issue and they were both optional late game bosses but once you figure them out they are easy.
Ludwig
can go fuck himself... Seriously his NG+ damage is insane.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I probably would've been a lot warmer on this DLC if I'd gone in on NG, but I just have very little desire to roll alts in this game. Weapon upgrading is a pain in the ass, you really have to go into it with a build in mind. I think the whole weapon upgrading system is pointless in this game anyway since there's only one path, but that's another point. It just seems like it's there because the Souls games had it. Regardless, if I'd been learning these bosses on NG, and not on NG+3, I might've found it more fun. But I really don't need every boss (except the Living Failures) to be 2+ hours of attrition.

I mean, I did like the DLC a lot. But at the end of the day most enemies weren't that fun to fight imo. Probably enjoyed the first area the most in terms of encounter design and enemies, although the later areas were obviously a lot more interesting to explore.

Khayam

Banned
Jesus,
Ludwig
was a nightmare. I can't even begin to count the number of blood vials I wasted (hundreds) trying to take him down. I finally got the fight down to a science and managed to
survive his second form
. Feels good, man. I'm level 105 on NG+ for reference. Regardless, that was an incredible fight. Already a top-tier boss battle candidate across the entire "series."

Any tip ? I'm lvl 125ish on NG+ and barely scratches him. I use the Blades of Mercy at +10 with not so great gems (+18%)

Mman235

Wow I was co-oping at
Ludwig
and another player that got summoned was called Matthewmatosis. I mean maybe it wasn't the real one but that seems unlikely, and he was pretty good too. Now I'm pissed because PS4 share just randomly decided to break and not record it, especially as I kicked ass and managed to not take any damage on that attempt.

Edit: Oh there's the recently met list so that's something I guess.

silva1991

Agreed. after my first Souls game(DaS), DeS and DaS2 and even BB base game were barely challenging with the exception of Flamllurker, Fume Knight and one or two dungeon bosses.

this DLC's bosses gave me the same feeling I got when I played DaS1 for the first time.

sn00zer

That first boss needs some sort of nerf....... really he's the hardest boss in the main game outside of the chalice dungeons.

Soriku

I only fought him a couple times, doesn't seem like a great fight. Also after the whole gauntlet that is this DLC I was kind of ready to just get it over with. I hope this isn't indicative of Dark Souls 3's overall difficulty level!

I highly doubt it will be, this DLC is particularly insane lol. Most people are having the most trouble on NG+ or higher anyway. We'll see how hard NG+ is in DkS3...and how hard it's inevitable DLC is too :p

BB base game is not boring but it is notably more lenient than the other Souls games IMO. Of course the DLC changed that with the bosses and the Fishing Hamlet.

That first boss needs some sort of nerf....... really he's the hardest boss in the main game outside of the chalice dungeons.

Laurence needs a nerf.

Rajang

I might have to do a build around it then. Burial Blade is the only reason I managed to finally kill Defiled Amygdala. Those overheads are so good in here, but rarely useful in the main game.

Love that description, haha.

Now that the DLC has sunk in, has any weapon surpassed LHB for pure damage (chikage self-harm mode aside)?

I don't know if its the most powerful but the Pizza Cutter in transformed mode using the L2 attack + Beastblood Pellet has ridiculous damage output.

todd360

Got a random player go help me with optional boss. We are doing great. Taking turns getting his attention while the other attacks. All of a sudden the guy gets burnt alive and I'm left alone. Get him to about half health and get killed. I just can't do enough damage by myself in new game +.

So frustrating. I just want to kill this thing and get back to fallout lol.

Got a random player go help me with optional boss. We are doing great. Taking turns getting his attention while the other attacks. All of a sudden the guy gets burnt alive and I'm left alone. Get him to about half health and get killed. I just can't do enough damage by myself in new game +.

So frustrating. I just want to kill this thing and get back to fallout lol.

What level are you and what weapon are you using?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

I fought all the bosses in chalice dungeons and without a doubt Ludwig is harder than any of them. He almost never leaves himself open to attack, he does ridiculous damage, and has an even more ridiculous health pool. He's a piece of shit and really not fun. Second form is cool as heck though, that first form is just ridic.

Floody

His big weak point is he has no real side attacks, just try and stay there. If you go behind, he'll kick you, go in front and he'll fuck you up in a number of ways. The final and the optional boss are way harder imo.

I fought all the bosses in chalice dungeons and without a doubt Ludwig is harder than any of them. He almost never leaves himself open to attack, he does ridiculous damage, and has an even more ridiculous health pool. He's a piece of shit and really not fun. Second form is cool as heck though, that first form is just ridic.

Agreed. I've done every boss multiple times and every chalice boss in every variant.

Nothing even comes close to the difficulty of Ludwig on NG+. The gap is incredible.

Level 146. Using saw cleaver +9 physical attack 171 +296

Also have a Ludwig sword +9 190 attack +349

Hmmm... I wouldn't be able to do it at those stats. I'm +650 on my +10 Ludwig and it's still incredibly difficulty on NG++. You'll probably have to abuse fire paper and beast pellets, plus a summon, to really tip the scale.

duxstar

Me and valtr did Ludwig on ng+ at level 100, I do have some boss gems though *shrugs*
Laurence
was a pain in the ads

Game4life

Banned
Finally got time to play the game and continued after killing the first boss. Going through
Research Hall
. This is for sure Tower of Latria remade for next gen. Absolutely masterful level design. Dat verticality... How the hell does Miyazaki do it again and again. Bows....

Finalow

Hmmm... I wouldn't be able to do it at those stats. I'm +650 on my +10 Ludwig and it's still incredibly difficulty on NG++. You'll probably have to abuse fire paper and beast pellets, plus a summon, to really tip the scale.
+650? Lol, are you level 500 or something.

that damage is fine for NG+, the thing is that the boss has way too many HP.

Fire paper works on Laurence?

Nope. My mistake. I was thinking that he was a beast, but of course his gimmick is that he is a beast on fire.

Try a Phantasm Shell or maybe even Bolt Paper? Just to see if it helps.

+650? Lol, are you level 500 or something.

that damage is fine for NG+, the thing is that the boss has way too many HP.

???

I'm level 202 on ++. There's nothing special about that.

Finalow

I'd like to grind some +25% atk gems on my 2nd character but it's so annoying that I need to finish all those chalice dungeons again.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Thinking of creating a new Strength character since many of the new weapons are Strength-based but DAT ROKUYO though HOLY SHIT so much SWAG.

Hypron

To be honest I don't really like the normal enemies in the first third of the DLC that much. They are too tanky for my liking, it's easy to run past them and don't even drop anything interesting. The risk to reward is not good enough for me to bother fighting them after the first try.

That might be a bit due to the fact I was in NG+3 but still. I didn't like it that much.

Top Bottom