• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I can not figure out ludwig.
8 attempts and I still haven't gotten him to phase 2 yet.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I can not figure out ludwig.
8 attempts and I still haven't gotten him to phase 2 yet.

hug his left side, always be walking forward and to his left. Try to either be RIGHT UP on him or far away. His mid-range attacks are way more unpredictable.

drotahorror

Ok I'll use that one then.

GAFHUNT - in front of OoK - wouldn't mind some help.

*doh, I was offline. Sorry for anyone that did try. Online now. Was gettin spam invaded and was trying to finish up some normal game stuff so I went offline.

Ugh, I could deal with Laurence if he didn't get an obnoxious defence boost in form two and kill Valtr instantly. Also, why does the church bell only work sometimes? I'll get the animation and lose the bullets but there will be no healing.

Going to farm insight in the Chalice Dungeons, then hopefully have enough time to get some help before this 2 day psn trial runs out lol

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Ok I'll use that one then.

GAFHUNT - in front of OoK - wouldn't mind some help.

*doh, I was offline. Sorry for anyone that did try. Online now. Was gettin spam invaded and was trying to finish up some normal game stuff so I went offline.

I'll head over there, by the fog gate yeah? Make sure it's set to worldwide too

myco666

Ugh, I could deal with Laurence if he didn't get an obnoxious defence boost in form two and kill Valtr instantly. Also, why does the church bell only work sometimes? I'll get the animation and lose the bullets but there will be no healing.

Going to farm insight in the Chalice Dungeons, then hopefully have enough time to get some help before this 2 day psn trial runs out lol

You mean Choir Bell? It should work everytime or atleast it has worked everytime for me.

Neolith

Can you summon Valtr for Laurence? I'm desperate to kill the guy. I've been stuck for two days and can't manage to summon a single soul.

drotahorror

Is this supposed to happen after you beat OoK?
i hit his body a few times, it says Nightmare Slain, and then the screen goes black and I can't do anything?

I can't even do anything. Just hear some crying or something. I can press the PS button and close application but...

myco666

Is this supposed to happen after you beat OoK?
i hit his body a few times, it says Nightmare Slain, and then the screen goes black and I can't do anything?

I can't even do anything. Just hear some crying or something. I can press the PS button and close application but...

There should be a cutscene.

Has anybody had trouble performing a visceral with the 2h whirligig saw? From behind, It staggers the enemy and sets up the visceral, but then I can never perform it. Pressing R1 just performs a normal attack and won't visceral.

I guess I could have just repeatedly messed up the proximity or something, but it's weird that this keeps happening.

Mman235

oh really? What gem. that monster I can farm.

It's the brain monsters that cause frenzy; they drop level 5/6 cursed blood gems there.

In all honesty the only thing I feel feels off about 3 of the bosses in this game is how much health / armour 3 of them have. Their move sets are more challenging to learn but that's good, that's actual difficult. But making the take twice as long to kill as anything in the main game is artificial difficulty. A thing I hate. Like halving your health in the defiled dungeon. It's a lame way to create a challenge.

After getting all trophies I took my NG alt to finish gehrman and killed him in about the same time it took to get
Ludwig
out of phase 1. And the first area is recommended lvl 65.

If you like a game being difficult via larger health pools and bigger damage output then the game has NG+ for that. If you want an easier time it has summoning.

I don't believe anyone can look at those three bosses and say they fit in naturally with the rest if the game.

I actually think all bosses accept the optional one are really awesome fights. But when it takes as long as killing any other boss just to try and learn
ludwigs
phase 2 it feels a tad out if place. It's basically 2 bosses back to back without a save point in between.

The videos where they take alot less time to kill are clearly over powered chars built up moths ago when they first played the game.

So yeah, those bosses move set are fine, just the health / armour is totally out of place.

For reference I started dark souls 2 last week and the first 4 bosses in that make cleric beast look insane hard by comparison.

This, as I fight these bosses more I think they're the best in the series
Living Failures and Laurence aside
but they could literally reduce their HP by about a third and they'd be straight up better (though
Maria
is mostly fine).

I was co-oping
Ludwig
as a hyper-op min-maxed Rakuyo build (in the sense of "has 50 skill") with great blood gems and the damage my combos were doing with a couple of players feels like the damage the average build should be doing against it in NG, and I ended up pulling most of the weight just because I mostly ended up as the only one who could do appreciable damage to it.

drotahorror

Is there some sort of trick to the k
os
p
arasite
?

I put it on and I'm not holding anything. I just swing my fists.

Nvm, I found it.

ScribbleD

Do we know anything more about the conditions for the Doll's new dialogue yet? As far as anyone knows, one of the triggers is beating M
aria.
. Is anything else known for sure yet? I haven't gotten it to trigger on a new character at the end of the game (Dream is on fire), and I also haven't had any luck getting it to trigger on a NG++ char just prior to the Shadows of Yharnam fight in the main campaign. M
aria
is dead on both characters. Is it random, or is there just a super specific condition that has to be met?

silva1991

After replaying the dlc twice. I have to say
Kos and Laurence.
aren't fun at all on NG++++.

they need to be nerfed otherwise I won't bother fighting them again.

AotA still has the best and most memorable and fun dlc bosses. only
Maria and Holy Blade
are matched with AoTA bosses.

myco666

Has anybody had trouble performing a visceral with the 2h whirligig saw? From behind, It staggers the enemy and sets up the visceral, but then I can never perform it. Pressing R1 just performs a normal attack and won't visceral.

I guess I could have just repeatedly messed up the proximity or something, but it's weird that this keeps happening.

I feel like the viscerals have been rather wonky since the latest patch. Have been 'dropping' them much more than I think I should.

edit.

After replaying the dlc twice. I have to say
Kos and Laurence.
aren't fun at all on NG++++.

they need to be nerfed otherwise I won't bother fighting them again.

AotA still has the best and most memorable and fun dlc bosses. only
Maria and Holy Blade
are matched with AoTA bosses.

IMO
Orphan of Kos
is super fun to fight regardless of what NG. One of my favorite bosses as of now.
Laurence
is bullshit though and I find it not that fun to fight.

taoofjord

Having trouble in
the Research Hall
. How do I get back to the top of it
after moving the stairs
? I fell off before grabbing everything.

Phenomena

Trying to find a summon for L
aurence
is really tiresome. Been standing outside the boss room for 5+ minutes and no response. That second form just destroys me...

Tingle

Having trouble in
the Research Hall
. How do I get back to the top of it
after moving the stairs
? I fell off before grabbing everything.

There should be a giant door on the opposite wall than what you entered from. Look for it, and then follow that backwards. Its somewhat high up, if that helps.

Laurence
you motherfucker even with cooperators I can't beat him on NG+4 my friends die in 2 hits sometimes even one I will never give up you will never break me !

I have not played this since I platinumed. I'm on like ng++++ level 160. I had 88 insight. I've used all my insight trying to kill first boss. Where should I farm mad mans knowledge I forget lol

Okay I just realized one thing by watching that. Couldn't you fuck up your entire progress through the DLC if you didn't open that door to the elevator, lifted the stairs and then died?

This happened to me. When I revived, the door was open even though I hadn't opened it myself.

Zemm

Man say what you will about this game, it's amazing and all but...

Farming blood vials is terrible. The whole vial system is just so badly conceived and not fun in any way. Dark Souls had a good thing going. Running out of vials on a boss with no opportunity to farm them before, then having to go back and either spend all your echoes to buy some, or run a circuit of low level zones.... Really not even close to enjoyable.

Yep definetly agree. Vials are a big step back from estus flask. At least give us 5 every respawn if we have less than that. Farming blood vials, ugh.

Greddleok

If you're farming blood vials, try using the rune that gives you health back on visceral strikes.
I was using that and only ever had to farm once through NG, NG+ and NG++.

lumzi23

XismVUX.jpg

...and so the hunt begins again

Aaaaaaand....

SAVED!

CHC

Yep definetly agree. Vials are a big step back from estus flask. At least give us 5 every respawn if we have less than that. Farming blood vials, ugh.

Yeah I mean the system is kinda good in the early parts of the game where a blood vial is almost a full heal - then it's kind of suspenseful when you get low on them and it's like "ahhh I got to do this with 3 only vials!?"

But later when it takes 3 or 4 vials to recover from a single wrong move, there are really no options when you're out of them - you just have to farm. It's not like if you're dying repeatedly to a hard boss you're going to all of a sudden be like "alright no vials, but let's DO THIS!" No. You're just going to have to go farm if you want to proceed, there is no getting around it.

I guess it enforces taking a healthy break if you're banging your head against the wall, but after a certain point the vials just come and go so fast that they're not really even a resource that matters anymore. You just get used to having 20 and then suddenly you're out. Then you go and farm and buy another 200 or whatever. There would be more of an element of resource management if it functioned like Estus.

Facism

So I've been using this sheet( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4/htmlview?sle=true#gid=1163029848) to get a couple of extra Blood Rocks but the Lower Loran won't work. It says that I don't meet the requeriments but I have created a Lower Loran chalice before.

Been a while since i messed around with the chalices so I don't remember everything around them. Am I missing something?

You need to have created the chalice type exactly, including offerings/curse in order to create on yourself. If you don't meet the requirements it means you need to create it before you can search for the same type.

Top Bottom