• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

First thing I thought after finishing the DLC yesterday. This should have been two expansions?
No, not really...

I thought the same thing, but then I realized that it wasn't said that it was two expansions, but two DLCs, which would be smaller.

Thinking about it that way, the length of the expansion makes sense.

Definitely up your vitality, and use some HP runes.

Increase VIT and go for a quality build for damage. Do you have decent gems?

What VIT should I be looking at? Just browsing through the thread, I'm noticing a lot of people saying Skill based builds aren't that great so I guess I need to pump more into strength?

Right now I'm using a +5% and +10% HP Rune and a +15% stamina Rune.

For my Bloodgems... I'm using Tempering Damp Blood Gem...I've added +318 attack.
Effects are
Phy ATK Up +11.6%
Add Phy ATK +6.9
Phy ATK UP +12.1%
Add Phy ATK +6.6
Phy ATK UP +12.6%

Sayad

What VIT should I be looking at? Just browsing through the thread, I'm noticing a lot of people saying Skill based builds aren't that great so I guess I need to pump more into strength?

Right now I'm using a +5% and +10% HP Rune and a +15% stamina Rune.

For my Bloodgems... I'm using Tempering Damp Blood Gem...I've added +318 attack.
Effects are
Phy ATK Up +11.6%
Add Phy ATK +6.9
Phy ATK UP +12.1%
Add Phy ATK +6.6
Phy ATK UP +12.6%
For end game builds people usually go for 50.
For damage just increase STR a bit, might not even need that. Ludwig Sword with pure Phy ATK Up % gems can still be devastating.

Cyborg

Im not getting the update for Bloodborne. Is this normal? There was a big update just before DLC buty I didnt get it.

Strange right? How can I ceck if I have the right version?

Ferr986

Fighting
Ludwig
with +10 Moonlight Greatsword is awesome. Feels great to shoot the same glowing projectiles back at the boss, reminds me of fighting Ganon in Ocarina of Time. And the music is phenomenal. One of the best bosses in the entire series. The transition from phase one to phase two is so cool.

yep. This was me in phase 2

tumblr_ncoyubhJYV1rnjev4o1_500.gif

Ayyyy this music. I agree, this is one of the best boss fight I've done in a Souls game. I'm playing Dark Souls 2 now, and it feels so hollow... I hope Dark Souls 3 will have bosses at the same level as L
udwig
and M
aria

The boss in the Dark Souls 3 Network Test was amazing. High hopes for the game.

Im not getting the update for Bloodborne. Is this normal? There was a big update just before DLC buty I didnt get it.

The current version is 1.07. Press Option on the Bloodborne icon in the PS4 menu, the select "information"
Maybe it downloaded automatically, it was the case for me.

Just got home and I'm free anyone want some jolly cooperation?
Sure, what boss do you have left ?

The current version is 1.07. Press Option on the Bloodborne icon in the PS4 menu, the select "information"
Maybe it downloaded automatically, it was the case for me.

Sure, what boss do you have left ?

nothing left for Me just looking to get more souls to upgrade my END

Audioboxer

Just took on Amygdala with the beasthunter saif at +8 and 48 skill. level 70. Totally wrecked the boss' face. Love this weapon.

Blind run past Frenzy Brains, expertly jump out the way of jumping slime people, masterfully bolt past lightning summoners (how does that even work? We're inside!)

Blood Rock
get. Nice.

Ran through all of the DLC on a new character. Went in there at level 64 and the difficulty felt about right. Closer to what you'd deal with at the start of the game before it tapers off challenge wise. All up it took about 4 hours give or take. Could have been faster but I just can't seem to get the hang of OoK second form. Beat him just like I did the first time. Basically said fuck it when I ran out of vials and did 30% of his health with no heals lol

I didn't beat Lorenzo on my NG+ dude so this was my first victory. The first half of the fight is some obnoxious shit. Dodge but get hit by flames anyway because fuck you. His damage output seems alright but there's one particular swipe that does completely bonkers damage. I got picked up by his grab once and it only did 50%. That swipe which can be combo'd into can did 90% of my health with 40 vit. Initially I was doing the no lock on thing and running around his right side trying to get some hits in on his leg. It worked but I kept getting hit by a swipe as he pivoted into position. Since I was using a whip I switched it up and just stood back and slapped his face after every combo. Went over really well. Second phase was a complete mess but not exactly difficult.

Pretty shitty fight tbh lol

Auctopus

Just beat Logarius solo for the first time at Level 67 with 28 insight. No idea how, he used mainly melee as I stuck close to him.

Sayad

Just took on Amygdala with the beasthunter saif at +8 and 48 skill. level 70. Totally wrecked the boss' face. Love this weapon.
Went through Luran and Defiled Chalice with it today, it was a breeze. Transforming dodge attack is incredibly safe if you're doing a hit and run thing.

Facism

if you select the game shortcut on the home screen, press options, you should get the option to check for the latest patch or at least information on what patch you currently have. Chances are you downloaded it and didn't know :)

When does Simon leave first boss room? I thought he was supposed to be at lamp at next area. Every time I go to first boss lamp he still there and says same thing.

This was a fun area with lots of secrets and it was challenging to figure out how to get stuff. One problem, I am not sure I cleared out the very top area in the rafter before falling down to to do the boss....is there any way to get back up after moving the staircase?

I think there's a ladder? I'm not sure. Also i forgot to open the door at the bottom

Khayam

Banned
I've definitely got my money's worth. There's just something so meticulous about Bloodborne that I can't find in any of the games that I've played this year. Just moving in Bloodborne feels good.

You nailed it. I wish all other games would strive for the same excellence in controls.

I shudder to imagine a Witcher 3 type of RPG with controls akin to BB.

JerkShep

My NG+ Skill/Bloodtinge character has few Blood Chunks, I'm open to suggestions for a DLC weapon to upgrade to +10. The choice is between

Church Pick
Beasthunter Saif
Simon's Bowblade
Rakuyo

Kaibutsu

The Old Hunters expansion made me go back and finally get that Bloodborne Platinum trophy I didn't have. The only trophies I were missing were the first two endings and beating Y
harnam,
the P
htumerian
Q
ueen
. I flew through ng+ plus and only did the required bosses finishing the Platinum at level 171 but in doing so I burnt myself out on Bloodborne and now I don't want to play the dlc... I done goofed.

myco666

My NG+ Skill/Bloodtinge character has few Blood Chunks, I'm open to suggestions for a DLC weapon to upgrade to +10. The choice is between

Church Pick
Beasthunter Saif
Simon's Bowblade
Rakuyo

Church Pick would be my choice out of those. Great and fast moveset with good damage. If you have high enough BT Bowblade might also be a good choice but the playstyle for it is pretty boring unless you like dashing away from bosses and shooting from a safe distance away without having to worry about getting hit.

JerkShep

Church Pick would be my choice out of those. Great and fast moveset with good damage. If you have high enough BT Bowblade might also be a good choice but the playstyle for it is pretty boring unless you like dashing away from bosses and shooting from a safe distance away without having to worry about getting hit.

Yeah I tried the Bowblade but between the bullet consumption and the change in playstyle I'm not sure it's for me, at least as a main weapon. Debating mostly between the Church Pick and the Rakuyo. The transformed version of the Saif is awesome, very fast, but I'm not digging the other version.

My first attempt at the DLC is on NG++ from the only character I have. At first I loved it because it was so hard. Now I'm starting to question if I'll ever beat it. I'm at level 196 and 50/45/50/50 across the top 4 stat categories. I'm getting my ass beat by some of the hunters though. They're harder than bosses in the original game.

I'm thinking I might just start a new character at this point and time. I know, I know. Git gud. I platinum'd this game using this character only so I don't know why I'm having such a hard time.

Ugh I need to kill that ceiling shark giant, the one on the floor reks me as it is, finished DLC and thats the last thing I need to get, cant beat them though FML!!

My first attempt at the DLC is on NG++ from the only character I have. At first I loved it because it was so hard. Now I'm starting to question if I'll ever beat it. I'm at level 196 and 50/45/50/50 across the top 4 stat categories. I'm getting my ass beat by some of the hunters though. They're harder than bosses in the original game.

I'm thinking I might just start a new character at this point and time. I know, I know. Git gud. I platinum'd this game using this character only so I don't know why I'm having such a hard time.

Not sure that will help you. Those hunters felt about the same as a lvl 150 on NG+++ with crap gems as it did on my alt doing it on NG with a +10 cane.

All hunter can be beaten with a mix of gun parrying and dodging behind as they attack and countering.

What gems are you rocking?

Auctopus

Don't know if this has been discussed but....

Ship masts just before the fishing hamlet are similar to the masts in the distance before Amygdala.

BruceCLea

Banned
Hello everyone, I'm trying to reach the DLC and I can't get by the blood-starved beast. I get it down to quarter health and it's fucking impossible. I'm in NG+

First off, I go in with plenty of antidotes and lots of fire paper for my Ludwig's Holy Blade, which is +9. I'm also wearing my most slow poison-resistant armor.

I summon Alfred AND someone online to help and they still go down.

Do the oil jugs help when my blade is on fire? Any other tips? Lots of visceral attacks?

What the hell do I do? I think I've lost 300,000 blood echoes fighting this fuck.

I know all of you are deep into the Old Hunters, I want to get there really badly. Sorry.

Hello everyone, I'm trying to reach the DLC and I can't get by the blood-starved beast. I get it down to quarter health and it's fucking impossible. I'm in NG+

First off, I go in with plenty of antidotes and lots of fire paper for my Ludwig's Holy Blade, which is +9. I'm also wearing my most slow poison-resistant armor.

I summon Alfred AND someone online to help and they still go down.

Do the oil jugs help when my blade is on fire? Any other tips? Lots of visceral attacks?

What the hell do I do? I think I've lost 300,000 blood echoes fighting this fuck.

I know all of you are deep into the Old Hunters, I want to get there really badly. Sorry.

If you're that early in the game, why not start a New Game character for it?

keezy

Picked this up with the 10% off coupon on PSN.

Dark Souls noob here... Got my ass kicked for quite some time on Friday night. Very frustrating game when you first pick it up but I'm definitely hooked! I beat the Cleric beast and Father G(something) last night. Can't remember the last time it felt that good to take down a "boss" in a game.

Sephzilla

Picked this up with the 10% off coupon on PSN.

Dark Souls noob here... Got my ass kicked for quite some time on Friday night. Very frustrating game when you first pick it up but I'm definitely hooked! I beat the Cleric beast and Father G(something) last night. Can't remember the last time it felt that good to take down a "boss" in a game.

Honestly I think the opening area of Bloodborne is one of the most challenging opening areas of a Souls game. I'd call myself a Souls-veteran and even I struggled a bit when I rolled out a new character in Yharnam for the first time.

Top Bottom