• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Okay I will ask again in this page because I just found a second
speaking blobby thing in the research hall, this one asking about becoming a robin, should I be killing them? I am starting to think they may be the source of brain fluid that one of them wanted but haven't killed any of them or the ones with bodies that are not hostile including those in the beds.
^second area spoilers for those who have not beat the first boss yet

EmSeta

speaking blobby thing in the research hall, this one asking about becoming a robin, should I be killing them? I am starting to think they may be the source of brain fluid that one of them wanted but haven't killed any of them or the ones with bodies that are not hostile including those in the beds.

Yes.
The blobs drop brain fluid without dying.

You can find out. I let them live

Is it too early to be asking about chunks numbers? Cause 10 new weapons is great and all but it'll be pointless if you don't have the mats to use them

Suddenly the rest of the game seems friendly and inviting in comparison. They've really taken the creepiness to another level (which I may have thought impossible).

MilkBeard

Boom Hammer
is legit. I leveled it up to +6 and it does good damage. It was a bit disappointing at first, but when you charge it with L1, it does some really good damage. The weapon has crazy reach as well. I'm boosting the fire damage with some gems, as well as the attack. If I can find a strength scaling gem I'll throw that in there too.

Rozart

Just bought the DLC! Eeeesssh super excited. Now, to choose which character I should start with.

NG or NG+? The ultimate dilemma.

Hypron

My two characters are a lvl130 character on NG+3 and a lvl4 character on NG...

I'm currently playing with the lvl130 one and this DLC is pretty rough, a lot of attacks 1HKO me even with 30 vitality, and all the enemies have metric shittons of health. The lvl4 character would probably also get 1HKO so playing with him wouldn't really make things easier.

I guess I'll have to suck it up and spend ages to beat the bosses haha

Ludwig
makes all of the main game bosses look like a joke. I can't even figure out how I'm supposed to fight him. It seems like there is no remotely safe angle to approach from. Not to mention the fact that he has so much health.

Wasted chunks leveling a beast cleaver (heavy cane) or whatever it is called. It's not my cup of tea.

I called it quits after
opening the short cut, talking to the friendly hunter, then proceeding down the blood river till I ran into two of the huge axe dudes, but one had a cannon
. Am I close to
Ludwig
?

Hypron

Since Dark Souls I've always hated bosses with jump attacks that break the camera's lock on... And sure enough this fucker
Ludwig
has one >.>

I'm pretty sure I'm underleveled as fuck but whatever

81 NG+

Seems cool so far, just a bit more overwhelming than usual when every enemy takes several swings and the stronger ones kill in a couple of hits lol

myco666

Just beat the first boss. Didn't find it hard or maybe I am overleveled.. I am lv 135 ( not NG+)

Really depends on how your stats are distributed if you are overleveled or not. If that level means you have ton of Vit 40-50 then maybe yeah. But you will get to part where it will get harder.

gogosox82

One of my gems has -weapon durability and just as I thought its making going through this area a pain. Will probably have to use kirkhammer as a backup.

Also,
found the beast cutter
and damn this this is awesome. Also
really liking the old hunter gear

Ludwig
makes all of the main game bosses look like a joke. I can't even figure out how I'm supposed to fight him. It seems like there is no remotely safe angle to approach from. Not to mention the fact that he has so much health.

Few things I picked up on

1. Don't get greedy. Get 2 hits in per opening and eventually he'll stagger. When that happens you can go nuts and wipe out maybe 3-5k depending on your weapon.
2. It's a combination of some of the most annoying bosses in the game. Amelia's ambiguous swipes (pretty similar to Amelia in general) except it includes the Undead giants mini-tentacles so even if you dodge you might still get hit, Amygdala's jump attacks, plus Ebrietas' space goo and charge attack. You might get bopped. Shit happens.

To get around the annoying stuff, you can double dodge the swipes to get close to his back. Not much to say it's gonna be tricky. Even if you get hit you can dodge the follow up so remember to focus even if he gets one in. With the jump, it's a lot more ambiguous than Amygdala. Running to it's butt still works for its regular jump though. To dodge the delayed jump it's similar to Rom missle where you gotta run one way and cut another way. He's tracking you. getting bopped isn't unexpected. For the rest of the fight, take a deep breath and pretend you're fighting one of the many Dark Souls 2 bosses

Top Bottom