• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Dahbomb

Yeah I am in a rough spot right now.

I think I am like NG++++ (beat the game 4 times), lvl176. I thought I would be good for the DLC because I easily dealt with Gascgione and Vicar before delving into the DLC.

The enemies weren't an issue for the most part, there are just a lot of them. When I got to the first boss I was doing like chip damage to it where as it would just two shot me with basic attacks. It's way overtuned for my current set up.

Not exactly sure what I can do, this is like harder than Defiled Chalice bosses for me. I even have the arcane buff up for the Ludwig with the Phantom Shell, still not doing enough damage.

First boss at NG+5 is absolutely destroying me
Same boat as this guy.

Ok gaf, I really, really need this dlc, my problem is getting hold of it.

Let me explain:

I have an Asian copy of the game (region 3) so because of the stupid region locking on dlc, I need to buy it from the Asian store. I live in Cambodia so I can't add my visa (Cambodia isn't officially supported by Sony.)

PayPal is a no go because I can't add funds from my Cambodian bank.

Does anyone know how I can get codes online for the Asian store?

It is the very definition of a first world problem (in a third world country)

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Playasia sells digital codes. Try there.

Squishy3

NG+ people, what level are you at for the new stuff and how are you finding it so far? Trying to figure out if I should run through more of the main game (just beat Amelia) or jump right in. I'm at level 113 btw
I'm at 87 and doing fine despite the huge amounts of damage I'm taking. I'm doing perfectly acceptable amounts of damage.

Even then it's only certain attacks that do lots of damage and I'm sure they'd do tons of damage even if I wasn't on NG+.

SRTtoZ

Damn, after beating Vicar at any point in the game and inspecting the idol you should be able to just log into hunters dream and there is an item on the floor near the doll. If this isnt happening something must be bugged, maybe try restarting your PS4 and restoring licenses to make sure it knows you have the DLC.

Manu

Welp. Maybe it's because it's 3:45 AM over here, maybe because I'm level 78, maybe because I'm using the threaded cane or maybe I just suck, but
Ludwig
is kicking my ass, hard. Damn.

Damn, after beating Vicar at any point in the game and inspecting the idol you should be able to just log into hunters dream and there is an item on the floor near the doll. If this isnt happening something must be bugged, maybe try restarting your PS4 and restoring licenses to make sure it knows you have the DLC.

I'll try this, thank you :)

Makeda

Ah much thanks! Do you know the codes are country specific?

I'm not sure what region your game comes under but IIRC my copy is 'Asian' region too and I use the HK store (where I'm based) for my local games so I guess you can get it a HK card and access that store.

edit - NVM regarding how to access saw post above :p

mjp2417

Banned
I'm at 87 and doing fine despite the huge amounts of damage I'm taking. I'm doing perfectly acceptable amounts of damage.

Even then it's only certain attacks that do lots of damage and I'm sure they'd do tons of damage even if I wasn't on NG+.
Cool thanks, that's kinda what I wanted to hear

Aces&Eights

Level 128 NG+ with Ludwigs +10. Regular enemies are pretty easy but those damn Hunters will wreck me if I take one misstep. I'm doing good damage to them but if they get a hit in and I slip up on my reposite or dodge, 3/4 health is gone in 2 seconds.

Also, the thing that is in
the door to Ameila's place? Do NOT let him charge up. That is when he's a pain in the neck. Also, you can run by him and up the stairs. He will turn back and you can backstab him. Be quick because it won't kill him and it really pisses him off.

Overall first impressions are great. From Software gets an "A" scaling when it comes to level design, enemies and music. Really looking forward to continuing the hunt tomorrow.

Dahbomb

The first boss is destroying me on NG+7. 6 tries and i haven't even done a mark
Yeah I am in the same boat. I don't even remember how many times I beat the game to be where I am at right now. I also didn't grind the Chalices for god tier gems (beyond just doing it for the Platinum) so I feel fairly undertuned for the content in the DLC.

silva1991

HOLY FU*CKING SHIT

obviously spoiler
that fucking blood starved beast out of nowhere after the gatling gun guy with zero blood vial.

this dlc is fucking terrifying.

finalflame

Is there a quicker shortcut to
Ludwig?
(first boss spoiler). I already
opened the door right by the first lamp
, but the walk is a bit harder than I'd like, considering how hard I'm getting my ass kicked.

105.Will

Lol I may nneed to level a bit

Yeah I am in the same boat. I don't even remember how many times I beat the game to be where I am at right now. I also didn't grind the Chalices for god tier gems (beyond just doing it for the Platinum) so I feel fairly undertuned for the content in the DLC.

Just got 30% down using fire paper. I got one stagger. Its a struggle but i think it doable

Ludwig?
, but the walk is a bit harder than I'd like, considering how hard I'm getting my ass kicked.

You can run the whole way. Takes about 30s

Aces&Eights

So, impressions on the weapons so far? Found the
claw/whip
thing and for some reason just spent a shit ton of blood things to level it up to a +6. Not sure why, but I suspect it's because the first couple hunters kept seriously kicking my ass with it. Should I have waited for something better? I have this reach weapon now and old faithful Ludwigs for my heavy damage weapon. Hope it's not just a glorified threaded cane.

Why not just start another character? I think I'm going to make a new arcane build for THAT ONE sword, and also continue playing my NG+ str build.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So down the (location spoiler)
river of blood
just before the open area/lamp there an item on
a coffin
. I can't figure out how to get to it. Anyone got it yet? Does the path loop around later?

Tcab96

Ludwig?

To the right of the big guy firing off the canon. I was pissed I hadn't explored further before making thirty runs to
Ludwig

So, impressions on the weapons so far? Found the
claw/whip
thing and for some reason just spent a shit ton of blood things to level it up to a +6. Not sure why, but I suspect it's because the first couple hunters kept seriously kicking my ass with it. Should I have waited for something better? I have this reach weapon now and old faithful Ludwigs for my heavy damage weapon. Hope it's not just a glorified threaded cane.
in terms of crowd control I thinks its better than TC. I'm using it as backup for Ludwig's and I like the range

I bumped it up to +9 and I don't regret it

Dahbomb

Why not just start another character? I think I'm going to make a new arcane build for THAT ONE sword, and also continue playing my NG+ str build.
Probably going to consider it but I think it's possible to do it anyway.

Truth be told I had gotten extremely lazy with the game ever since I got my character decently geared. I just brute forced most bosses and just healed up if I took too much damage. If I get all the patterns down of the boss I should be able to do it like I did against the Chalice bosses. It's just going to take a long ass time because I do very little damage.

I just hate that the first boss is yet another "huge beast that swipes all around itself" boss type. Same shit as Vicar only even more aggressive and ambiguous. It's really hard to get a read on bosses like these.

Top Bottom