• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

jjonez18

Ahhh the thrill of the hunt. Feels like I'm diving into Bloodborne for the first time again. New weapons, new Hunter tools, new enemies, new bosses new locations. The tension building up the further you get into the maze-like levels as your Blood Echoes stack. Loving every second of it so far.

Fake Edit: And first boss just wrecked my shit. Got to his second stage and holy... No wonder there's all these bodies and blood all over the place. Guy's a savage. Music's on point too.

Hypron

Managed to get the first boss down to 2/3rds of its life and then it knocked me down to the ground and fucked me up when I stood up. I'm getting the hang of these attacks but it's punishing as heck.

iBlue

Really depends on how your stats are distributed if you are overleveled or not. If that level means you have ton of Vit 40-50 then maybe yeah. But you will get to part where it will get harder.

I think my vitality is around 55-60 lol but yeah I hope it gets a little harder if not I am still enjoying the new locations and bosses :)

myco666

my favorite enemy showed up

also reminder I play this game with 80+ insight at all times for fun

You are just asking for yourself to get fucked.

edit.
I think my vitality is around 55-60 lol but yeah I hope it gets a little harder if not I am still enjoying the new locations and bosses :)

Yeah with that Vitality you can tank almost anything. I have Vit at 30 and it feels just enough as in nothing can kill you in one combo or hit but enemies still deal enough damage to almost kill me.

zma1013

So I decided to start playing the DLC anyways, I have a question for surround sound folks, does this game use the subwoofer at all? Seems like it would but doesn't seem like it's working. Works for my movies and other games.

iBlue

You are just asking for yourself to get fucked.

edit.

Yeah with that Vitality you can tank almost anything. I have Vit at 30 and it feels just enough as in nothing can kill you in one combo or hit but enemies still deal enough damage to almost kill me.

I still get recked in the dungeons! Some of those guys hit hard and multiple times.

myco666

Bloody hell, that final boss. This isn't ninja Gaiden From.

Orphan of Kos
? Seriously got my shit pushed in when trying him first time.

edit.

This game is too easy. Im at 5 deaths in 3 hours.

What level?

People deliberately keep their insight low? I've just left it alone most of the time, so it's always been 90+.

I don't really want low frenzy resist and if I have 30 I buy a chunk since can't have too much of those.

Hypron

Not on NG+3, I've got 32 and almost every enemy can kill me in one combo, and the big ones can kill me in one attack if it catches me mid-dodge D:

Bloody hell, that final boss. This isn't ninja Gaiden From.

The final boss is possibly the best
humanoid
From's ever done

Haven't beaten it yet but it's crazy as fuck.
When he goes nuts at low health I have no idea when I can even get close Used maybe 10 vials and maybe got like 3 hits in lol

myco666

Shit
Really?

I've got 97 Insight.

Not really but when there is possibility to get frenzy you really don't want that high amount of insight. Just buy some chunks or papers.

Yea. He's like the chalice sickle madman on steroids.

Basically yeah haha. Fight is super cool.

Not on NG+3, I've got 32 and almost every enemy can kill me in one combo, and the big ones can kill me in one attack if it catches me mid-dodge D:

That doesn't sound fun. You might want to get it even up to 50.

This game is too easy. Im at 5 deaths in 3 hours.

Yes, Frenzy is a bitch, fuck us.
You're either on NG, or extremely high level, or an extremely focused OP build, cuz there is no way u can say even the first boss is easy on NG+. His health pool alone is ridiculous, and pretty much every single attack of his takes close to half my health or more, and I have 1457 HP and am lvl 175...

Soulflarz

Banned
You're either on NG, or extremely high level, or an extremely focused OP build, cuz there is no way u can say even the first boss is easy on NG+. His health pool alone is ridiculous, and pretty much every single attack of his takes close to half my health or more, and I have 1457 HP and am lvl 175...

Uhm
I'm only on NG. But souls is silly easy.

I do not find games (single player, MP is a diff situation since someone in the world has to be better!) hard.

Craydays

Neo Member
Guys, can someone explain how NPC hunters feature works? How can I unlock and summon them? How long they will stay? Is it legit to say that NPC hunters kind of simulate co-op game and make hunt easier (if needed).

Thanks.

Edzi

How do I get back into the nightmare? I assumed it'd be the fourth tombstone in the hunter's dream, but that doesn't work.

MilkBeard

Guys, can someone explain how NPC hunters feature works? How can I unlock and summon them? How long they will stay? Is it legit to say that NPC hunters kind of simulate co-op game and make hunt easier (if needed).

Thanks.

Equip the rune after talking to buckethead. Now, go near a boss, some of them will have a summoning circle for the NPCs. Also, if you ring the normal coop bell, the NPC will automatically be summoned if it is available to summon.
As for how they help, well, they do make it easier. They usually end up dying during the boss fight after a few minutes. But in most cases, it was long enough to figure out what to do to take down the boss.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Two questions:

1) is it ready to be downloaded in Europe already?

2) what's the reccomended level for this?

thx

Uhm
I'm only on NG. But souls is silly easy.

I do not find games (single player, MP is a diff situation since someone in the world has to be better!) hard.
I never said it was hard, but saying its silly easy is just being hyperbolic. Even dying 5 times in 3 hours makes a game not "easy". Dying 0 times would mean easy.

And even then, if u cant beat it while eating snacks and talking on the phone at the same time, its still not easy.

Bebpo

Banned
Is there a shortcut before
Ludwig?
I'm not doing particularly good damage on NG+ with lvl.105, Saw Cleaver +10, STR 40/SKL 25/END 30/VIT 40.

Soulflarz

Banned
And even then, if u cant beat it while eating snacks and talking on the phone at the same time, its still not easy.

*shrugs* I've been in here and on fb the whole time. I consider this...
well
I dunno. I personally find it easy. Is it hard compared to other games? Yes. Is it hard? No.

Hard is subjective

People tell me ghost chili sauce is crazy spicy, then I pour spoonfuls on my food and don't sweat at all :V

myco666

Is there a shortcut before
Ludwig?
I'm not doing particularly good damage on NG+ with lvl.105, Saw Cleaver +10, STR 40/SKL 25/END 30/VIT 40.

There is a lamp right next to the arena. Check the area where the
Cannon dude is.

Bebpo

Banned

Yeah, he's destroying me. Fuck, I wonder if this DLC is really meant for NG endgame when you're super strong. Don't really feel like replaying or grinding though. Hopefully will be able to scrape by.

Top Bottom