• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

*shrugs* I've been in here and on fb the whole time. I consider this...
well
I dunno. I personally find it easy. Is it hard compared to other games? Yes. Is it hard? No.

Hard is subjective

People tell me ghost chili sauce is crazy spicy, then I pour spoonfuls on my food and don't sweat at all :V
You just confused the shit out of me lol

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
All the new weapons are pretty cool.

Does anyone have any information on how to respond to the dialogue choices you get from NPCs during the DLC?

Anybody mind explaining (first boss spoiler):
What Ludwig means by, "You were at my side all this time."?

When you beat him, Ludwig drops a rune that helps explain a little bit. Ludwig basically believes he's being guided by guardian spirits that he can see when he closes his eyes. Since runes were transcribed from the utterings of the Great Ones, I think it implies that Ludwig has a patron Great One that we was able to re-establish communication with when he was about to die.

He might also be talking to his trusty Moonlight Sword. Its item description suggests that it's a Great One relic and is able to communicate to Ludwig and only him.

"The Holy Moonlight Sword is synonymous with Ludwig, the Holy Blade, but few have ever set eyes on the great blade, and whatever guidance it has to offer, it seems to be of a very private, elusive sort."

Edzi

On NG++, level 183 and I can't beat that Cthulu looking giant executioner that comes out of the gate. -_- He's really aggressive.

Soulflarz

Banned
I wonder what impossible is for u then lol.

I uhm, haven't actually found one yet. The issue is at some point devs try to do stuff like mario the lost levels which isn't pure difficulty related to skill, most of it is memorization of levels and I would just consider things like that a waste of time.

I want to say as a kid (er, pre teen), the third birthday was hard on genocide, but uhm...the third birthday is mechanically bad and I don't remember it that well

Anyways, off to fight that one optional guy!

Mutombo

you guys all playing this on NG+? I've still got my character, and I'm right before Amelia, but I hear mixed stories about the difficulty at NG+. Some say it's crazy hard and some say it's doable?

What's the consensus here?

Soulflarz

Banned
you guys all playing this on NG+? I've still got my character, and I'm right before Amelia, but I hear mixed stories about the difficulty at NG+. Some say it's crazy hard and some say it's doable?

Just do NG in like sub 3 hours like I did, it's a pushover, then you'll be set for NG+ to judge for us :3

now if you have no save in NG, just go for it!

Donos

Uhm
I'm only on NG. But souls is silly easy.

I do not find games (single player, MP is a diff situation since someone in the world has to be better!) hard.

NG? And your slvl? Ng with e.g. lvl 150 and +10 weapons with top gems sure is easy for most people, when everything dies in one hit...
Don't want to rain on your parade, just saying. NG++ makes a notable difference compared to ng.

if anyone is having trouble against Ludwig the guy (corpse guy) before his room, knocking on teh gate drops 5 blood vials every time, not sure if anyone has pointed that out already

Everything was going great till i hit the first boss lol. Even with 2 summons i can only get him to about a quarter of his health before he ends up getting me. He kills me in 2-3 hits and im 175 with 40 vit and 15% hp rune. And he attacks fast, in combos, and they are difficult moves to dodge every time.

Aces&Eights

On NG++, level 183 and I can't beat that Cthulu looking giant executioner that comes out of the gate. -_- He's really aggressive.

Don't let him do his charge up. After he does, he does brutal damage. If you want to cheese him
run past him after he kills door opening hunters and go up the stairs. He will turn back and face the way you came in. Do backstab and visceral. Back up as it will not kill him on first one but it will do a lot of damage. Run back up stairs and repeat.

gogosox82

Well, I think I'm done for the night.
Found the lamp
next to what I assume is a boss fight. Thinking its
Ludwig
but not sure yet. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

squidyj

game decided to remind me how long it's last been since I played it, keep having to heal way too much with my BoM build in NG+

Soulflarz

Banned
NG? And your slvl? Ng with e.g. lvl 150 and +10 weapons with top gems sure is easy for most people, when everything dies in one hit...
Don't want to rain on your parade, just saying. NG++ makes a notable difference compared to ng.

130, this was a post platinum setup. But nah, I found the base game easy too, no boss killed me more than 3 times and I had 99 insight the whole run >_>

And no parade, I'm saying yeah, in this scenario, a NG run is silly. I have a ng+something save on /some/ usb, I just wanted to use my NG at launch week cause I didn't know if PVP was affected by it. (edit: I never put the usb save back, thats why I'm on NG)

So really, my recommendation- if you have a post plat save in NG+, don't fret, the base game is not made for the chalice dungeon account you have.

SRTtoZ

130, this was a post platinum setup. But nah, I found the base game easy too, no boss killed me more than 3 times and I had 99 insight the whole run >_>

And no parade, I'm saying yeah, in this scenario, a NG run is silly. I have a ng+something save on /some/ usb, I just wanted to use my NG at launch week cause I didn't know if PVP was affected by it.

So really, my recommendation- if you have a post plat save in NG+, don't fret, the base game is not made for the chalice dungeon account you have.

I had to restore licenses before I could install/use the theme. Try that and a restart of the PS4.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
About the difficulty I agree with some people above. The enemies themselves seem more forgiving than normal, even the Hunters, but the bosses are kind of damaging.

You can talk to that guy? I couldn't talk to him at all.

You're making this worse, myco666!!!

konjak

I beat all of the main path (I assume) and in the end I had one big weapon frustration:
Why the fuck is every weapon I find almost entirely strength or strength/skill equal-dependent? I don't get why they didn't vary it. I have a hard-set skill character in NG+1, meaning leveling is rarer, so I couldn't even TRY any of the weapons I found, except for the one that almost literally calls itself "a shitty prototype saw blade", hah.

Damage is not that big of a problem. The health on bosses is pretty crazy though. I think the first one has like 40k

MilkBeard

Of course it's easy when you are overleveled. Try it at the equivalent of 65, like the recommendation, then it will be an entirely different story.

Soulflarz

Banned
The...recommendation for this is 65?

What the hell?
The optional boss has an attack that does 80% of a 130s HP

And it's not per se like a burst thats supposed to OHKO

Thats...some weird choice...

myco666

What the hell?

I think the 60 is for the beginning of the DLC. The end parts seem to be geared towards higher levels.

gogosox82

And no parade, I'm saying yeah, in this scenario, a NG run is silly. I have a ng+something save on /some/ usb, I just wanted to use my NG at launch week cause I didn't know if PVP was affected by it.

So you rolled back an overleveled character for what? To say that its easy or be the first one to beat it? Congrats I guess.

MilkBeard

What the hell?

Yep, I remember seeing it mentioned a few times. I'm currently at level 77 and it feels like a challenge somewhere on par with the late-game areas. However, I haven't reached the first boss yet. We will see how he compares. It is a somewhat unusual choice to place the DLC at the midpoint of the game instead of late game. But that's what they chose.

People are also theorizing that somewhere around lvl 100 is good for NG +.

Soulflarz

Banned
So you rolled back an overleveled character for what? To say that its easy or be the first one to beat it? Congrats I guess.

I uh...got to 130...didn't have all the trophies...rushed the endings in a few hours to get my last ones for my platinum, then restored my save.

Before we even knew there was a dlc or talks of a DLC

Chill, did it to have an end of game save with access to all the areas. Got to 130 in NG.

MilkBeard

I think the 60 is for the beginning of the DLC. The end parts seem to be geared towards higher levels.

I'm wondering if they designed it so that you can start it around 60ish, but it should be played in conjunction with the main game, meaning you come back later for later areas once you've leveled a bit more. Hard to say until I get to those areas.

Bebpo

Banned
So if the first boss has 40k HP in NG+, I'm doing 350 per hit with maxed out Cleaver + Fire Paper. That means I gotta hit him 120+ times? wtf...that's crazy tank. And he does pretty hardcore damage, that ram of his does 90% of my HP with VIT 40. I mean that's worse than Ebrietes.

Wonder if I should just start a new character and do the DLC on NG.

Soulflarz

Banned
I know people are saying ~100 for NG+

Can anyone else who has done the optional fight also confirm that that would be the hardest (as in, least forgiving) souls fight if thats supposed to be done at 100 ng+?

I'm doing ng at level 84, 40/20/40 for vit/end/skill. Both boss 1 and 3 made me want more stamina. I think the average player should be fine at this level.

YESSSS, finally got a decent coop partner and we WRECKED the first boss. So much less of a hassle when u have someone who knows what theyre doing. Thank goodness i didnt give up after my last post lol

Edit: also using the burial blade instead of ludwigs holy blade seemed to make a big difference for me.

I'm wondering if they designed it so that you can start it around 60ish, but it should be played in conjunction with the main game, meaning you come back later for later areas once you've leveled a bit more. Hard to say until I get to those areas.

Would make sense, similar to demons soul's if you got stuck you can just start another archstone.

myco666

Well it sure feels like it. The beginning felt really easy compared to what I am up against at the moment.

duxstar

I'm feeling at level 96 in ng + like I'm severely outgunned on the first boss and a couple of the hunters.

I feel Like if I jumped 20 levels it'd be a little closer to ng

Top Bottom