• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Ferr986

edit.
Also Bowblade against Ebrietas is probably most unfair match I've done. 1500 damage with R2 charge to head. No need to buy BMA or have to worry about missing a buffed shot.

How you doing that damage with the bow?

I recently got it on my pure BT character (50), and I'm doing between 600-800 with a charged shot. Using the Lost version, with a Blood 30% gem, rest are 21 and 24% gem.

GeeTeeCee

I managed to beat
Ludwig
on the second attempt. I had him down to 1/3 of his health on the first attempt but got caught in front of the
Moonlight blade energy blast
. Luckily on attempt number two the same attack was fired harmlessly straight into the wall right next to the boss, and I wrecked him while he recovered.

Feels good.

Okay I'm a little frustrated - need some advice. Doing a runthrough on NG+ and beat the first boss last night. But I'm stuck on the section after -
The two hunters keep kicking my ass.
Any advice on how to progress? Been stuck for the last few hours.

silva1991

Okay I'm a little frustrated - need some advice. Doing a runthrough on NG+ and beat the first boss last night. But I'm stuck on the section after -

Did you take the item from the burning beast in the first area? it's a key to activate the elevator in the two hunter's room. ignore the hunters.

myco666

How you doing that damage with the bow?

I recently got it on my pure BT character (50), and I'm doing between 600-800 with a charged shot. Using the Lost version, with a Blood 30% gem, rest are 21 and 24% gem.

It might have been the damage after you get the Visceral but Ebrietas takes a insane amount of damage from hitting the head so might be 'special' case of doing way more damage than normally. Normally charged shot does 600-800 depending if it is a counter hit and what enemy it is.

the doll has a unique dialogue after you kill
Maria
? I don't think I ever heard that before.
She has one for the optional boss too, but my game glitched and I got the intro speech instead :(

Anyway, finished this DLC and finally platinumed the game a little while back. Don't know if it's as good as Dark Souls, but Bloodborne is still really really good and I think the DLC helps fill out the gaps it had a lot. Favorite boss was
Mario
and I really enjoyed how challenging and exciting the
Orphan of Kos
fight was, but the rest were kinda eh. The last trophy I got for the whole game was the one for completing the game with the
Sunrise ending
. It seems appropriate, now I am freee

RiggyRob

If you eventually want to take them on, if you run back down the stairs only one of them will follow you like so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1nebmOsBY0

Much easier to get them split up so you're not getting bombarded with spells.

HORRORSHØW

i'm on ng and have gotten the new dialogue just by entering the hunter's nightmare. the "flora of the moon" one specifically.

just ran around and picked up the saif and killed simon for the bow at low levels

myco666

Grimløck;188138426 said:
i'm on ng and have gotten the new dialogue just by entering the hunter's nightmare. the "flora of the moon" one specifically.

just ran around and picked up the saif and killed simon for the bow at low levels

That dialogue isn't new though. It just seems to trigger much easier now that the DLC is out.

Let me guess. He's big, angry and spouts lava outta his ass ?
Maybe I was over leveled by the time I beat everyone else, or maybe it was just on NG, or maybe it was the fact that I was wearing lots of flame proof stuff, but that guy was eaaaasy, probably the second easiest boss in the DLC. His fire never hurt me.

There is a talking brain fluid sack in the rafters of the research hall that you can speak to. You can also attack it, but she basically dies, then comes back to life. I was wondering if it was possible to kill it.
Anyone have any info on her? Is there a story behind her specifically?

Maybe I was over leveled by the time I beat everyone else, or maybe it was just on NG, or maybe it was the fact that I was wearing lots of flame proof stuff, but that guy was eaaaasy, probably the second easiest boss in the DLC. His fire never hurt me.

Actually I saw lots of ppl saying they beat him on its first try. I've beat him several times now, and I have to say, sometimes he's just angry and there is nothing you can do haha
I've lost count on how many times he OS'd me. And sometimes he's just quiet and kind, doesn't jump or charge, and he doesn't stomp like a mad beast on P2.

Molemitts

I summoned for
Living Failures
boss, what a shit waste of time. It's literally right before a really cool boss, which I was having a lot of fun with until I ran out of Blood Vials. Shame, it completely ruined the fight. The area before it was brilliant. I am actually having a lot of fun with it, my second time playing the game all the way through from the sounds of it I even have a lot of DLC content to go ahead of me.

BumRush

Haha, seeing that pop up in the cave put me in full on panic mode. I cheesed that fight so much I could have fed a small country with grilled cheese sandwiches.

Lol I died the first time because i sort of lost fine motor skills for a second worrying that I wasn't prepared for poison.

Ferr986

It might have been the damage after you get the Visceral but Ebrietas takes a insane amount of damage from hitting the head so might be 'special' case of doing way more damage than normally. Normally charged shot does 600-800 depending if it is a counter hit and what enemy it is.

ah, alright, then it's around what i do. It's just that I saw a lot of posts on other sites about the Bow doing around 1,5K damage and I did wonder if it's the case with just enemies weak to blood attacks like Ebrietas.

Haha, seeing that pop up in the cave put me in full on panic mode. I cheesed that fight so much I could have fed a small country with grilled cheese sandwiches.

heh, I just ran the shit out of there. Shit scared the crap out of me.

There is a talking brain fluid sack in the rafters of the research hall that you can speak to. You can also attack it, but she basically dies, then comes back to life. I was wondering if it was possible to kill it.

You cant kill her. the item is for a quest from the bloated girl in the shortcut of that area.

Looking for help against the second boss please.

I'm level 134 NG+.

Password is GAF.

Thanks!

Give me a min and I'll ring there.

EDIT: Ringing

RiggyRob

You'll have picked up a certain item after attacking it, which is required for an NPC in the area.

myco666

Grimløck;188139442 said:
oh really? damn. i haven't heard it before the dlc lol

This was uploaded 7 months ago so yeah definitely was there before DLC. Unless you mean different dialog.

ah, alright, then it's around what i do. It's just that I saw a lot of posts on other sites about the Bow doing around 1,5K damage and I did wonder if it's the case with just enemies weak to blood attacks like Ebrietas.

Yeah I never got that amount of damage on normal enemies. Just Ebrietas and Amy.

Go_Ly_Dow

heh, I just ran the shit out of there. Shit scared the crap out of me.

You cant kill her. the item is for a quest from the bloated girl in the shortcut of that area.

Give me a min and I'll ring there.

EDIT: Ringing

Sorry I took the password off.

Back. Pass is GAF.

Hopefully can get two people to help!

I finally fucking beat Ludwig.

Oh my god.

AU7Amsc.gif

I don't think you can kill a brain fluid person. They're pretty much the culmination of the big head research though, I think all of those people are set up to farm resources from based on the Saint

Ferr986

Sorry I took the password off.

Back. Pass is GAF.

Hopefully can get two people to help!

ok, I'm ringing, can't find you yet though :/

Yeah I never got that amount of damage on normal enemies. Just Ebrietas and Amy.

Yep, the Chikage also destroys those two.

I'm liking the bow as a secondary weapon. My Bloodtinge girl with Chikage, the bow and
Maria's
set looks amazing :)

Go_Ly_Dow

ok, I'm ringing, can't find you yet though :/

I'm liking the bow as a secondary weapon. My Bloodtinge girl with Chikage, the bow and
Maria's

Dang :(

I'm at the first checkpoint near the elevevator. Below the staircase. Not sure if location matters.

myco666

Grimløck;188141444 said:
nope. that's the one. i should pay attention more and mash X less

It was really hard to get that dialog earlier though so it was easily missable. I could trigger it by waiting for few seconds away from her when entering Hunters Dream and then walking closer to her. Now it feels like you get it much easier.

Maria's

I use Bow as my main now on my BT build since I want to try it against all bosses. I might even keep it as my main weapon but Chikage is so much better for some other bosses and enemies that I have it with me at all times. Evelyn has dropped usage hugely after I got used to Bow.

edit.
Jesus how do you guys beat those shark things? Its even worse when they decide to double up on you in that cavern...

By getting lucky with parries and backstabs killing the first one before second one tags in. Other good methods are using Shaman Blade or sniping from them from the ledge.

Ferr986

I use Bow as my main now on my BT build since I want to try it against all bosses. I might even keep it as my main weapon but Chikage is so much better for some other bosses and enemies that I have it with me at all times. Evelyn has dropped usage hugely after I got used to Bow.

I agree. Considering the bow does the same dagame as the Evelyn with the ash and that I suck at parries, I rarely use my gun with that character

Yay.

Could one more hunter please help. Second boss area. First save near the elevator.

Pass is GAF.

Will wait for 3 mins.

There you are!

If no one else comes we can do it!
Just check from where the meteors come and hide behind the flowers.

Top Bottom