• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Kensuke

What's the use of the L2 attack with the buzzsaw? It's weaker than a simple R1 attack and the reach isn't great. Am I missing something?

deoee

someone here willing to help me with Vicar Amelia?
I'm lvl 94 and standing in front of the door - have no password set etc.

I'm in NG+ and can not handle her right now, don't know what it is
TadkV.gif

Could only play a bit this morning when it unlocked US-time...
Got to the first shortcut and had to stop there but I'm happy with what I managed to accomplish.

Can't wait to continue playing after work.

someone here willing to help me with Vicar Amelia?
I'm lvl 94 and standing in front of the door - have no password set etc.

I'm in NG+ and can not handle her right now, don't know what it is
TadkV.gif

I did her yesterday. I was able to summon a female NPC near the entrance to the cathedral. Don't remember her name right now but I didn't encounter her during my first playthrough. Maybe she has been added to aid us ;). With her help VA was pretty easy since she caught VA's attention most of the time and I was able to hit some strong attacks. Best luck mate!

So you rolled back an overleveled character for what? To say that its easy or be the first one to beat it? Congrats I guess.
I kinda...dont like the
holy moonlight
sword :/ im not reallt feeling the moveset, and i already pumped it up to +8 lol. Oh well atleast i didnt do +10 haha

Moonlight Holy Sword has nearly 200 AR more than Ludwig's Holy Blade with just the base requirements at +10 upgrade. Is there any reason to use Ludwig's Holy Blade anymore? Debating on putting some puts into Arcane just to wield Moonlight Holy Sword on my strength build.

Hnngggg I haven't played Bloodborne since the first couple of months it was out. I completed it but not sure if I ever got to leve 60. I started a NG+ but didn't get very far until I put it down for good. But this is making me want to jump back in.

I always find it hard to get back into games like these. Requires a lot of concentration and devotion lol.

Hanmik

Where do I get the stupid prison key (I know in the research hall but idk where)

just go through the building again after you rotated the stairs (which you have done). Then you will be able find a ledge with a poisoned madman(woman) on the ledge you can find a corpse with the key..

go up the first elevator from Amelia, go out the door, and then you need to get longer down on the next set of stairs, jump of the ledge where you kill the tall guy. Then just follow the steps untill you see some stuff you haven't picked up yet, the ledge with the key is just behind.

Soulflarz

Banned
just go through the building again after you rotated the stairs (which you have done). Then you will be able find a ledge with a poisoned madman(woman) on the ledge you can find a corpse with the key..

go up the first elevator from Amelia, go out the door, and then you need to get longer down on the next set of stairs, jump of the ledge where you kill the tall guy. Then just follow the step till you see some stuff you haven't picked up yet,

Found it, but thanks, would've helped anyways, so thank youu

Okay does anyone care to give tips on 4th boss
Orphan of Kos
? Second form is really insane.

Uhm. Dodge inward iirc? I died once :x
-throw enchant on your wep for free damage
-do not use a heavy wep, it can stun but it also lets you eat a wall of hits.
-You can parry him.
-don't eat the stuff thrown at you, stay back for those, it's not worth the free hit.

myco666

FUhm. Dodge inward iirc? I died once :x
-throw enchant on your wep for free damage
-do not use a heavy wep, it can stun but it also lets you eat a wall of hits.
-You can parry him.
-don't eat the stuff thrown at you, stay back for those, it's not worth the free hit.

Ehh... You mean I shouldn't use my trusty wheel? Oh well if I change weapon if it takes too many tries. Also can you parry all attacks?

MilkBeard

Moonlight Holy Sword has nearly 200 AR more than Ludwig's Holy Blade with just the base requirements at +10 upgrade. Is there any reason to use Ludwig's Holy Blade anymore? Debating on putting some puts into Arcane just to wield Moonlight Holy Sword on my strength build.

Ludwig's Holy Blade has really good scaling across the board, mainly. I think that's the only reason you might choose it.

Soulflarz

Banned
Ehh... You mean I shouldn't use my trusty wheel? Oh well if I change weapon if it takes too many tries. Also can you parry all attacks?

I used the ultimate cheese weapon, ludwigs sword

in non cheese mode, the normal version, not the OP greatsword to stunlock all stunlocks.

And dunno, I definitely landed it once out of curiosity >_>

konjak

Also beat
the optional Cleric Beast
now. Not as hard as
manhorse Ludwig
was for me, but man was it gratifying. Blade of Mercy did me well.

I also only now found the lamp MUCH closer to the first boss. Could've been useful...

Dahbomb

Yeah...

Got a partner and even an AI companion couldn't beat the first boss after like a dozen tries. The last attempt I got him to a pixel after both my partners died.

I am just going to roll a new character to play the DLC with, the health scaling on the boss is nuts, far above anything in the regular campaign. Probably will take far less time to beat than if I just bash my head against it on NG5.

myco666

I used the ultimate cheese weapon, ludwigs sword

in non cheese mode, the normal version, not the OP greatsword to stunlock all stunlocks.

And dunno, I definitely landed it once out of curiosity >_>

FUCKING SHIT HAD HIM TWO HITS AWAY!

Definetily doable with LW. Just need to keep my cool during last phase.

Lernaean

Banned
First boss drop spoiler question i guess, but
is it true that you need to be wearing church set to get the HMS drop from Ludwig?

I-hate-u

Later boss spoiler:

Maria has got to be one of the most badass female characters in any game ever. She got Vergil levels of swag.

First boss drop spoiler question i guess, but
is it true that you need to be wearing church set to get the HMS drop from Ludwig?

After defeating him, he becomes a talking head. I attacked his head and it dropped the sword. I wasn't wearing church set.

konjak

Later boss spoiler:

Maria has got to be one of the most badass female characters in any game ever. She got Vergil levels of swag.

I thought this and one other got really silly and unfitting the rest of Souls and 'Borne tone, hah.
Maria basically felt like some comic book or manga villain with her later attacks and looks.
But to each their own, it just made me snicker.

Lernaean

Banned
After defeating him, he becomes a talking head. I attacked his head and it dropped the sword. I wasn't wearing church set.

I see. Fextralife says something like, wear church set, talk to him after the fight and answer yes. Idk if it makes any difference though.

Top Bottom