• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Maybesew

So I'm wandering around fishing hamlet. I'm guessing j will eventually stumble onto a boss? I've unlocked another lamp and multiple shortcuts. Just hoping I didn't miss something

Holy shit I hope I can get the third boss's weapon.

Also I think the third boss might be my favorite fight of all of Bloodborne. Holy shit.

FHIZ

Okay, late game spoilers, if I get to the lantern where
you find Simon dying, can I immediately go to Kos from there. Or do I have to do something to unlock that elevator?
. Or is there another lantern I'm just not thinking of right now? I'm just done. I got too much black friday haul to play, I need to cross this one off the list and don't care about exploring anymore than I need to.

Okay, late game spoilers, if I get to the lantern where
you find Simon dying, can I immediately go to Kos from there. Or do I have to do something to unlock that elevator?
. Or is there another lantern I'm just not thinking of right now? I'm just done. I got too much black friday haul to play, I need to cross this one off the list and don't care about exploring anymore than I need to.

Kos path requires to unlock the elevator which sends you to the lamp room for the shortcut

Draper

With the additional rock, I'm trying to decide which weapon I want to max out now. I've been in love with the Ludwig up until now.

I do like the look of the Moonlight sword...

Hmmm.....

FHIZ

Jesse, those big fuckers in the fishing hamlet are so annoying >_<

Have you tried to get
Rakuyo
yet? Suuuuuuuuper fun.

It's where I'm at now, and that more than anything is contributing to my "god I wish this was over" mentality right now.

Draper

Have you tried to get
Rakuyo
yet? Suuuuuuuuper fun.

It's where I'm at now, and that more than anything is contributing to my "god I wish this was over" mentality right now.

If only I did that part while I could still summon. It's pissing me off so much.

Levito

Banned
THANK YOU SO MUCH FERR986

Kos is ridcilous on NG+4

w4q-xg.jpg

FHIZ

This was harder than any of the bosses.

I don't know, I was banging my head against the wall with the optional boss, had to finally admit defeat and use one of the NPC hunters from the league as a distraction

If only I did that part while I could still summon. It's pissing me off so much.

Yep. I hear you. If I could just kill the first one before the second one spawns in I'd be fine. But every f'ing time, he starts retreating, I'm low on stamina and oh look, it's #2 sliding into me annnnnnnd now it
eats me

Apparently I'm still missing a weapon for the platinum. Is there a good weapon location guide out there? I swear I have everything! Do uncanny weapons matter? Is that the problem?

Question on obtaining a weapon. To get
the moonlight sword do I kill Ludwig's severed head after I beat him?

That is a way to get it.

If you talk to him wearing Church clothing he will also ask you if his legacy lives on or not. You can lie and say "Yes" and he'll give it to you. If you say "No" he apparently goes full-horse and you have to put him down. Apparently, Simon can also show up here and give it to you, though I never had that happen.

Edit: No, Uncanny weapons do not matter for the trophy. Make sure you have the secondary weapons (including the Fist, Shield, and Church Cannon), and that you bought the Piercing Rifle from the shop in Hunter's Dream.

Ferr986

Yeah the hardest part is how aggressive he is, there's barely a rest period.

THANK YOU SO MUCH THO

no problem! was fun!

Question on obtaining a weapon. To get
the moonlight sword do I kill Ludwig's severed head after I beat him?

equip any of the chuch set (1 piece is enough) and respond the first answer

Apparently I'm still missing a weapon for the platinum. Is there a good weapon location guide out there? I swear I have everything! Do uncanny weapons matter? Is that the problem?

No, uncanny and lost doesnt matter. You probably need to buy the one from messenger shop.

Thanks guys.

I've been using Reiterpallach for the last 20-30 hours (going back to the main game) so I wanted to use the DLC as an excuse to try new weapons. The first 30 hours was the Saw Cleaver which is why I avoided the Saif as it is too similar.

My other option was the Ludwig blade, I might go back to it but I wanted something more Skill focused.

If you're interested in skill weapons, there is always the Rakuyo.

Draper

I don't know, I was banging my head against the wall with the optional boss, had to finally admit defeat and use one of the NPC hunters from the league as a distraction

Yep. I hear you. If I could just kill the first one before the second one spawns in I'd be fine. But every f'ing time, he starts retreating, I'm low on stamina and oh look, it's #2 sliding into me annnnnnnd now it
eats me

I've died so many times.... it's ridiculous.

FHIZ

I uploaded a video, dunno if you already got it.

O
prhan of Kos
Shortcut

Fantastic. Doesn't look too bad.

I've died so many times.... it's ridiculous.

I ran out of bloodvials during the optional boss fight, ended up using all my blood items and bought a whole bunch, made a save, and baked it up so I'd never be put in that place again... I've done the same for those two and have had to reload once :/

Oxn

Had to summon two others to beat Ludwig, and this is the first time i have ever summoned for a boss, but it needed to be done. Was stuck on him for weeks,

FHIZ

Got my bowblade early. Not missing out on anything important right? >_>

Did you kill Simon? If so, did you get a key too? Because if not, then you might not be able to get the Bloodletter

Someone might need to confirm if that's the case.

tesqui

I was a strength build so i didn't get to use the majority of the new weapons. I gues'll have to go do NG+ and keep leveling up.

knitoe

Did you kill Simon? If so, did you get a key too? Because if not, then you might not be able to get the Bloodletter

Someone might need to confirm if that's the case.

You can still get it.

Still find the key in the hut.

Cruxist

Finally platinumed the game.

Queen Yharnam was a pushover. Literally every other boss in the final 2 chalices were tougher than her. That half-health dungeon is a dirty trick and I honestly only finished because of the moonlight blade.

Con_Smith

Banned
Wheres the best place to farm for upgrade materials? This DLC makes me regreat upgrading that damn rapier and having it as my only viable weapon outside a +10 Ludwig.

So I'm wandering around fishing hamlet. I'm guessing j will eventually stumble onto a boss? I've unlocked another lamp and multiple shortcuts. Just hoping I didn't miss something

The area is, actually, quite small. It is hard to miss anything there, if you are decent at exploring.

FHIZ

Rakuyo
is finally mine! The enemy who actually dropped it had like 50% health by the time I killed the first... SURE! I'll take it. No idea why, but I'm not complaining. Had enough health to survive a grab attack and just mashed on R1 praying for good results.

Praise the blood! or the moon... or whatever!

Finally platinumed the game.

Queen Yharnam was a pushover. Literally every other boss in the final 2 chalices were tougher than her. That half-health dungeon is a dirty trick and I honestly only finished because of the moonlight blade.
Gotta agree. All of the bosses in Ithyl were a joke compared to half health Amy.

Top Bottom