• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Every time I join someone to help against Ludwig they always die. I start attacking immediately and try to keep him focused on me but as soon as they get in there he destroys them.

How are Dex builds in BB? I've only played with my Str character so far, but want a good excuse to play around with the Bowbloade and the Rakuyo. What are the best Dex weapons out there?

Afrocious

vlopY2D.jpg

Wow I managed to make a black woman in this game.... I must be an artist or something haha

How are Dex builds in BB? I've only played with my Str character so far, but want a good excuse to play around with the Bowbloade and the Rakuyo. What are the best Dex weapons out there?

Skill gets shafted in BB. Go STR or Arcane if you want to have fun.

Bowler

All trophies down... such a shame that this is the last of bloodborne. I got rehooked and now I'm left wanting more like a damn junkie

I need the blood... in my veins

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
I have a question regarding chalice glyphs and the items contained within.

I've typed in a code for a particular chalice, as there is an item I want. However, after creating the chalice twice, I've yet to find the alleged item. Is this randomized? I thought the whole point of the codes was to get the same chalice each time?

I'm quite frustrated as I've been farming ritual materials for like a week to get this specific dungeon, and the whole point of it was to get an item that seemingly isn't here. What the hell!?

HORRORSHØW

I've typed in a code for a particular chalice, as there is an item I want. However, after creating the chalice twice, I've yet to find the alleged item. Is this randomized? I thought the whole point of the codes was to get the same chalice each time?

I'm quite frustrated as I've been farming ritual materials for like a week to get this specific dungeon, and the whole point of it was to get an item that seemingly isn't here. What the hell!?
it depends.

gems are randomized; items such as weapons and runes are not.

the latter will always show up in the same location in shared glyphs.

BeeDog

What item is it? If it's a Blood Rock you're after, you can only get like 3 of them from chests before you need to start grinding the Chalice bosses.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
What item is it? If it's a Blood Rock you're after, you can only get like 3 of them from chests before you need to start grinding the Chalice bosses.

Grimløck;188375516 said:
it depends.

gems are randomized; items such as weapons and runes are not.

the latter will always show up in the same location in shared glyphs.

It is indeed a gem. Godammit I wish I knew this beforehand, just spent a ton of insight getting the FRC stuff. AHhhhhh!!!! RAGE!!!

edit: Woohoo! I didn't realize you could just continue farming the same chalice as the enemies obviously respawn (duh). Got my gem!

spliced

I never thought I'd see the day that having the PS4 shoulder button press in when setting it down actually did something good. I didn't know the Whirligig could do a continuous attack with L2 until I put the controller down and saw the long attack, I thought it was a bug for a second or that the game froze.

TEH-CJ

Banned
This may seem trivial but does it bother anyone that enemies have no damage modeling? I mean like cuts and blood all over them after you have slashed them with a gigantic blade.

I guess on some enemies they do get all bloodied up but it would be nice if From added that extra detail to all enemies.

Anyone else agree?

KeRaSh

I read that elsewhere but when I checked the insight shop there were no chunks. I'm guessing you have to progress far enough in the main game that chunks are supposed to be available. That said, at 30 insight per it wouldn't be useful anyway.

They should be there from the start in NG+. And yeah, at that price, they're only worth buying if you have a lot of Insight to waste.

For some reason I also can't buy Chunks from the Insight shop. I'm on NG+ and have never set foot into a Chalice Dungeon...

Dafuq is the trick to Laurence's second form? Can't get close to that dude...

You need to stay really close to him and inside to his left, and dodge inside to his left when possible, even though it means stepping on lava now and then. This is particularly true when he starts doing his crawling chaos slapfest.

If worse comes to worse, just try and bait him out into vomiting everywhere, because that's probably the single most punishable move in the game. And just hope his AI doesn't randomly decide to do his Ultra Magical Auto-Tracking Overhead Btichslap 30 times in a row, because there's absolutely nothing stopping him if he feels like it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I need a Bloodborne 2 in the future but I have a feeling that won't happen. Story feels complete and everything here.

Nah man, there are still interesting ways they can take the story. We still haven't got the chance to smack the bastard down that impregnated Yharnam and Arianna, for example. Need to kill that SOB, hahah.

RiggyRob

Maybe it could take place in a different setting.

Definitely - going to where Eileen/
Yamamura
/Father Gascoigne came from would be really cool.

Nah man, there are still interesting ways they can take the story. We still haven't got the chance to smack the bastard down that impregnated Yharnam and Arianna, for example. Need to kill that SOB, hahah.

You mean
Oedon? He's specifically described as 'formless'
. Although we haven't finished the DLC yet, it is surprising that OoK is the final DLC boss and not
Kos him/her/itself
but considering that Ebrietas and the body of
Kos
exists I wouldn't be surprised if they could spring a whole host of Great Ones on us.

Ill Saint

I appreciate the offer but I gotta do this solo. That last form I just cant seem to get behind his ass.

I don't recommend getting behind him at all.

The method that finally worked for me was to stay mostly in front of him and bait his swipe attacks. You can get jump attack in, then back off, and repeat. When he spews lava run to his side for a charged attack. The big threat is his hand smash combo. Try to get around to his side and make him circle after you when he does it.

I'm trying to kill those 2 big fish like monsters in the Fishing village, the ones in the well. I'm level 191, NG++ and those motherfuckers wreck me... Is there a good strategy for them? I can't do coop since I killed the boss of the area... Must've died 15 times there already, I can't give up since they drop
those blades of Maria

I'm using Ludwig's +10, DLC scythe +10, tried fire damage, arcane... They're just too damn aggressive and when I take one down to 50% life the other one drops down. All hell breaks loose....
Tips please?

pixxxelz

I'm trying to kill those 2 big fish like monsters in the Fishing village, the ones in the well. I'm level 191, NG++ and those motherfuckers wreck me... Is there a good strategy for them? I can't do coop since I killed the boss of the area... Must've died 15 times there already, I can't give up since they drop
those blades of Maria

I'm using Ludwig's +10, DLC scythe +10, tried fire damage, arcane... They're just too damn aggressive and when I take one down to 50% life the other one drops down. All hell breaks loose....
Tips please?
Use a Shaman bone blade on one of them or cheese them, jump down the well so the one on the ground starts patrolling the area, go up the ladder and make your way to the lighthouse hut lantern go down the elevator kill the two wintern lanterns and just hit them from up there, careful though they can still hit you.

superfriar19

Neo Member
Sorry for the weird question but I was wondering if anyone ordered the Old Hunter hardcover strategy guide. If so, do you know when it's coming out? Was looking at my open orders on Amazon today and I had forgotten all about it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You mean
Oedon? He's specifically described as 'formless'
. Although we haven't finished the DLC yet, it is surprising that OoK is the final DLC boss and not
Kos him/her/itself
but considering that Ebrietas and the body of
Kos
exists I wouldn't be surprised if they could spring a whole host of Great Ones on us.

Yeah him. I know about his moniker, obviously. I am just kinda pissed that the dude that basically caused the whole thing in the first place--way back from the Pthumerian era--and the one that inflict such pain upon one of very few decent characters in the game--get away basically scot-free. I am sure they can also invent ways for he PC to smack him around, hahah.

laxu

Logarius. I get about halfway but once summons start happening it's only a matter of time.

I know not really DLC related but the footage I got was amusing enough that I thought I would sneak it in =P

Basically just try to stick close so he does his physical attacks instead of the big skull thing. The physical attacks can be parried and when he goes to phase 2 you can mostly ignore the sword he puts down and try to get him to do the flying attack, it's fairly easy to dodge and then punish if you don't go too far away from him. Phase 2 physicals cannot be parried.

Blunderbuss is a good gun and any long single handed weapon that does some bolt damage seems to work well. God I love bolt damage. In NG I originally beat him with the Ludwig Holy Blade but that was tricky because its one handed form doesn't have much reach, went with Burial Blade for my NG+ round.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Basically just try to stick close so he does his physical attacks instead of the big skull thing. The physical attacks can be parried and when he goes to phase 2 you can mostly ignore the sword he puts down and try to get him to do the flying attack, it's fairly easy to dodge and then punish if you don't go too far away from him. Phase 2 physicals cannot be parried.

Blunderbuss is a good gun and any long single handed weapon that does some bolt damage seems to work well. God I love bolt damage. In NG I originally beat him with the Ludwig Holy Blade but that was tricky because its one handed form doesn't have much reach, went with Burial Blade for my NG+ round.

This is incorrect. You can also parry him in his 2nd phase. In fact, the very first time I defeated him I was using a visceral from the front to finish him off.

RiggyRob

Yeah him. I know about his moniker, obviously. I am just kinda pissed that the dude that basically caused the whole thing in the first place--way back from the Pthumerian era--and the one that inflict such pain upon one of very few decent characters in the game--get away basically scot-free. I am sure they can also invent ways for he PC to smack him around, hahah.

I took it literally, as in Oedon is actually formless, hence the immaculate conception with both Iosefka and Arianna. I suppose Oedon could possess someone but it'd still not be actually Oedon itself, I'm assuming Oedon's an immortal Great One.

Also the blind Chapel Dweller is the only decent person in Bloodborne bar none.

WeTeHa

This is incorrect. You can also parry him in his 2nd phase. In fact, the very first time I defeated him I was using a visceral from the front to finish him off.

I can confirm this. I just beat him yesterday with Ludwigs+7 and also finished him off with a parried visceral.

Lawd give me the patience to not snap the controller in half.

I need a break, a long break :(
I've been ramming my head at the boss in this area for way too long.

Stay close to provoke him to use his physical attacks and then parry them. Just shoot once his scythe is at the highest point before striking. Worked every time for me. Once he summons the swords, lock onto them and shoot them once, they will instantly vanish.
Stay a little further away in the second phase to get him to use his jumping attack. It's really easy to dodge it and then you can get 2 or 3 easy hits in. If you want to risk it, it's just as easy to parry him in his second form. If he doesn't use his jumping attack when you are away from him, he will most likely sprint at you and do an attack combo. I was able to consistently parry the first strike after him rushing at me.

SarusGray

I took it literally, as in Oedon is actually formless, hence the immaculate conception with both Iosefka and Arianna. I suppose Oedon could possess someone but it'd still not be actually Oedon itself, I'm assuming Oedon's an immortal Great One.

Also the blind Chapel Dweller is the only decent person in Bloodborne bar none.

I thought Iosefka didn't get pregnant but that
she stole a cord from Master Wilhem, tried to consume it to enlighten herself but failed unless I'm tripping hard

MrCow

just a quick question, i have an underground cell key to the cwll below the grad cathedral, and im pretty sure ive never used it before?

also when going to the research hall lamp and then heading straight north, there is a locked door to the balcony, any way to open it?

Arjen

just a quick question, i have an underground cell key to the cwll below the grad cathedral, and im pretty sure ive never used it before?

also when going to the research hall lamp and then heading straight north, there is a locked door to the balcony, any way to open it?

You get a key for that if you finish the questline from the NPC in that area.

Voidwolf

I've always chosen 'Exit Game' from the system menu before putting my PS4 in rest mode but I forgot to do so last night. I just booted up my console and my game was right where I left it and still connected to the servers. I had no idea they patched that!

ok thanks, then where do you get the
brain fluid i suppose?

Look for bandaged heads on the ground that you can talk to. Hit hem.

I've always chosen 'Exit Game' from the system menu before putting my PS4 in rest mode but I forgot to do so last night. I just booted up my console and my game was right where I left it and still connected to the servers. I had no idea they patched that!

Haven't Souls game always been like this? The game is saving almost constantly.

MrCow

thanks again, another question for you folks ^^" is there any way to open up this locked door in the underground area where you find the monocular in the main game? i mean the room with all the vases in it

thanks again, another question for you folks ^^" is there any way to open up this locked door in the underground area where you find the monocular in the main game? i mean the room with all the vases in it

No. It was originally going to lead to somewhere (I think the bridge where you fight the Cleric Beast) but it got cut from the final game.

Top Bottom