• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

myco666

Jesus christ this last boss. I am really bad at this. I am starting to die on first hits already. I guess I should take break soon.

ttk

Alright, I really want to buy this.
Problem is, I haven't played since I beat the game about a week after the release. Rather than continue in NG+, I'd like to create a new character and go through the DLC in NG, to get back in the groove.

Questions is, how do I make it through the basegame as quick and painless as possible? Weapon? Levelling? I don't remember anything, and I figured I'd go all the way to the end, then go back for the DLC just before the last boss.

Hanmik

btw..

you can get the Uncanny/Lost version of the new weapons from a vendor in the Chalice Dungeons. (you need to have the normal weapon first)

if you want to go there easy..

Use the code Sp5wddug to make dungeon. There is a vendor in a hallway,This is a basic dungeon, depth 1, Just go up the ladder in the main area, look for the hallway and the vendor is at the end.

2AdEPT

What did you have to do to get it?

I've barely found any weapons so far. My observational skills are dreadful
Ive only jsut started and I got the Saif without even knowing where I picked it up????!??! ALso you can start buying the weapons pretty soon if you go back to Hunters Dream. I had the time to do the
Beast
Cutter video
if you missed that one..

Maybe cuz I'm playing my NG+++ file, but the first boss is friggin HARD.
I've been fighting this dude for the past 5 hours.

You can hire
Old Hunter Hariet
with the
Old HUnter bell
its off to the right of the cannon shooter and there is a lamp there as well for easier run backs.

Last boss
Orphan of Kos
is fucking destroying me. Neither my +10 Blades of Mercy or +9 Burial Blade is getting it done. Any tips?

Made great progress aside from that. Boss spoilers
Killed Ludwig on my third try, and one shotted Living Failures and Maria.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Wow finally got the L
och
S
hield

I'm not sure if that's how you're meant to get it, but oh well!

viHuGi

Banned
Too early to tell, no one has any real clue what the recommended level is, other than NG is doable at ~120 for sure (for all the content)

Friday i will home and will try, will probably have to farm though, how much time to finish the DLC?

I already bought it.

Hanmik

Hmm..

looks like there is a second hidden arcane Tool in the DLC..

spoiler for the new tool:

Accursed Brew

- Kill the final boss.
- Equip the Kin Rune.
- Talk to the walking talking fish witch thing before Hamlet Fishmarket.
- For some people she gives the item, if not
- Try to kill her.
- She can't die but will drop the item.

It costs 2 bullets and you need 30 arc to use it.

It throws a dark projectile that arcs like a grenade and explodes on contact .

finalflame

Ok, I just told this dude after the first boss that
I do not hear the bells.
I can't change my answer. Did I fuck up GAF?

Jeb

On my playthrough of new game plus and I can't find the item next to the doll.

Main game spoilers:
I've done everything to unlock the secret ending, but I can't find the item next to the doll to trigger the DLC.

Edit
Didn't beat the true ending boss, just prepared everything to do the DLC then beat him.

cheesekao

I 100%ed DS1 in ~65 hours

*shrugs*

didn't rush this one at all tbh, was even streaming and waiting for twitch delay to see if my friend wanted me to look at area x or y or such >_>
I finished my first play through of DS in 50 hours m8. I was lost for 10 hours but still.

MilkBeard

btw..

you can get the Uncanny/Lost version of the new weapons from a vendor in the Chalice Dungeons. (you need to have the normal weapon first)

if you want to go there easy..

Use the code Sp5wddug to make dungeon. There is a vendor in a hallway,This is a basic dungeon, depth 1, Just go up the ladder in the main area, look for the hallway and the vendor is at the end.

Added. Pretty cool the dungeon has a vendor. How do you get the vendor, do you have a special item to get it?

Hypron

I'm on NG+++ as well *gulp*

I... I'm sure I can handle it!

I'm on NG+3 too and I went back to the main game to get some echoes to lvl up my vitality lol. I don't like getting instakilled :mad:

I don't think I've ever done that in another Souls game. The first boss has just an insane amount of health. I hit for almost 600 with a light attack and it looks like I'm barely doing anything.

MilkBeard

What the hell? Thank you, I'm not buying this then.

Somewhere between 8 and 15 hours is probably a good range for the normal player. Longer if you are underleveled, shorter if you are overleveled. (This is just an estimate based on what I've heard from various people).

EDIT: It's also not about the length, but the quality. It's really well made, and it really reminds me of Dark Souls in design. Also, the new weapons are fun. It will add to the main game experience, for sure. Not to mention more areas to pvp/co op.

Soulflarz

Banned
Okay, got the stupid dual blade, theres an easy way to cheese them.

Well
Not really, but more efficient than normal methods for when they're both there!

Soulflarz

Banned
5-15 hours. Ignore extreme outliers

I'm 5 hours in and currently at the second boss

It is not rushing. I hit the last DLC story boss in about 3hours also. Checked every room on the way and killed every single enemy and talked to every NPC I came across.

Also great time to point out that souls is in a very interesting place where random people take half the time to finish the game as others doing the exact same areas and I don't have a very good explanation for this.

melkier33

Can anyone tell me what the first hunter drops right when you get in. In the path that goes right and up? I ended up knocking him off a side and his item was floating in the air. I reloaded hoping it would move the item like some of the pre dlc npcs but it's gone. I hope I didn't miss something good.

Despera

Banned
Can anyone tell me what the first hunter drops right when you get in. In the path that goes right and up? I ended up knocking him off a side and his item was floating in the air. I reloaded hoping it would move the item like some of the pre dlc npcs but it's gone. I hope I didn't miss something good.
Only a couple of blood vials.

Hypron

Btw, on my way to the first boss I found this guy that looked like
he was transformed into a beast and was wearing 2 claws
... Is he supposed to be crazy OP? All three times I faced him I got killed within 10 seconds lol.

Just to be clear, this is very much worth the price of admission for anyone that enjoyed the base game. The number of new weapons they throw at you is impressive

I'm looking forward to heading back into chalice dungeons with my new toys

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Wow
Living Failures
for my new favourite boss of the game. That Final Fantasy style spell :v

Soulflarz

Banned
Please share.

+8 stupid kirkhammer- the wep i never use!

made it into 2h version, got them next to each other, hugged the center of the cave, backed up in circles while doing forward jumps at angles so they couldnt hit me well. killed them with plenty of vials left!

cheesekao

It is not rushing. I hit the last DLC story boss in about 3hours also. Checked every room on the way and killed every single enemy and talked to every NPC I came across.
Gonna have to chalk it up to the nature of souls games then. Play times seems to vary wildly.

Top Bottom