• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Not yet. I'm struggling to get the materials to get to the final boss in the Chalice Dungeons. I need to do the defiled chalice but lack Bastard of Loran (2) and 6 Ritual Blood (4).
Ooooof. Good luck on that. I believe Ailing Loran is the best source for both of those. It may be easier to co-op random chalices and hope for a fight against the final boss (as that will pop the trophy just the same).

Well
Lady Maria
was a challenge but didn't feel nearly as difficult as
Ludwig
. Didn't get nearly as frustrated with this fight. I'm loving this DLC more the further I play. Those
Giants at the bottom of the well
are really handing it to me, but I decided to skip them for now. Is there anything interesting to be discovered down there?

They are damn evil, but you need to do it if you want all trophys, what I did was summon 2 others by the boss fog, get them to run with you past the bastard lanterns and take them out...

xPhinehas

Well
Lady Maria
was a challenge but didn't feel nearly as difficult as
Ludwig
. Didn't get nearly as frustrated with this fight. I'm loving this DLC more the further I play. Those
Giants at the bottom of the well
are really handing it to me, but I decided to skip them for now. Is there anything interesting to be discovered down there?

Use Shaman blade on one of them when the second drops down. They completely destroy each other!

WeTeHa

I think I have all main game areas fully explored now and all bosses down, now I "just" need to complete the rest of the chalice dungeons. So far, I only have the first three Pthumeru chalices completed.

I'm afraid of the defiled chalice :p.

After that, I'll attempt the DLC.

Not yet. I'm struggling to get the materials to get to the final boss in the Chalice Dungeons. I need to do the defiled chalice but lack Bastard of Loran (2) and 6 Ritual Blood (4).

I think I found a bunch of Ritual Blood (4) in the third Pthumeru chalice dungeon on the bigger enemies.

xPhinehas

I think I have all main game areas fully explored now and all bosses down, now I "just" need to complete the rest of the chalice dungeons. So far, I only have the first three Pthumeru chalices completed.

I'm afraid of the defiled chalice :p.

After that, I'll attempt the DLC.

I think I found a bunch of Ritual Blood (4) in the third Pthumeru chalice dungeon on the bigger enemies.

I just did Ailing Loran Chalice and got like 16 Ritual Blood (4) and 6 Bastard of Loran. Now to do defiled chalice! Anyone want in?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
If you do all the side-doors of the required "story" chalice dungeons, you'll never need to farm for materials to unlock Defiled or Ihyll. I don't understand why people have trouble with the materials, really.

Zocano

If you do all the side-doors of the required "story" chalice dungeons, you'll never need to farm for materials to unlock Defiled or Ihyll. I don't understand why people have trouble with the materials, really.

If I remember correctly, you had to *either* do Lower Loran, NG+, or Isz for the other bit of red jelly, otherwise you don't have enough material to make the Ihyll Chalice.

Robot Pants

I'm down to help anyone beat the DLC bosses.
Have a NG and NG+ character.
I'm ringing with the gafhunt password but I'm
Not getting the "searching for chime of beckoning bell" message.....

konjak

Someone, please, this is god damn torture and I just want to get
OoKos
gone from this NG+3 playthrough. I beat him in NG+1, but the universe wants to drive me insane tonight by making me die several times now with him having one hit left. I just want this shit gone.

Anyone around? Pass: GAFHUNT2

It just smashes me in two hits whenever he chooses to and I can't do anything about it this time. I guess my level is too low since I didn't want to level too much due to random coop. I'm waiting there.

PS: Is there really no Old Hunter summon here? Every other place has several.

Rakuyo aka Lady Maria's weapon

A special weapon but if you advance you can find another entrance to that Well.

They were really tough for me till i started using the Old Hunter Bone. With it I was able to completely dodge them and kill them both in the well.

They are damn evil, but you need to do it if you want all trophys, what I did was summon 2 others by the boss fog, get them to run with you past the bastard lanterns and take them out...

Use Shaman blade on one of them when the second drops down. They completely destroy each other!

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I think I'll just play further for now and come back later to try and fight them with some of the ideas you had. Last time I played I almost managed to kill the first one, but then the second got a jump on me and I was done for.

Milijango

Ugh, so I've spent the past two hours trying to help people beat that optional boss on a level 160 character. I've seen one victory. Just one.

On the plus side, this is by far the busiest I've ever been as a co-operator; sub-10 seconds to summon every single time.

Been playing this starting today. Got past
Maria
and man this game still floors me on how beautiful it is. I already want a sequel and I doubt artistically Dark Souls 3 can fill that void.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Ugh, so I've spent the past two hours trying to help people beat Laurence on a level 160 character. I've seen one victory. Just one.

On the plus side, this is by far the busiest I've ever been as a co-operator; sub-10 seconds to summon every single time.
Yup that was me a few days ago. Not a lot of vermin to crush, haha.

I'm still in NG+, but perhaps that new shield which supposedly blocks magic attacks could help? Otherwise, Google turned up a few results, maybe these'll help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okuX_IkT3iY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m1ZmJ-YNsg

Also: Fight in the water. About 80% of the area in his arena is out in the water, it goes out a looong way. When you're out there you can also very easily dodge the lightning from Kos. Like, there are huge caps in where it goes, gaps you could drive three trucks through side by side. Seeing people get hit by it hurts me on the inside.

Edit: https://youtu.be/G2b9HD-FwXs?t=263 See? Dodging the lightning is so freaking easy. They go to the same spots every time, too, just have to watch for him while getting into position, he starts running at you after the lightning goes out.

konjak

Also: Fight in the water. About 80% of the area in his arena is out in the water, it goes out a looong way. When you're out there you can also very easily dodge the lightning from Kos. Like, there are huge caps in where it goes, gaps you could drive three trucks through side by side. Seeing people get hit by it hurts me on the inside.

Thanks. But I've basically been in the water, able to dodge everything now, except he will always at some point throw two combos in a row at me and I can never, ever seem to dodge them (or parry them), and then it's over. For hours now... And it only takes like four parries to kill him so I don't get it, hah

EDIT: Well, please don't claim how easy it is. Maybe I should just try not to parry, but two hits and I'm dead with these stats.

Thanks. But I've basically been in the water, able to dodge everything now, except he will always at some point throw two combos in a row at me and I can never, ever seem to dodge them (or parry them), and then it's over. For hours now... And it only takes like four parries to kill him so I don't get it, hah

EDIT: Well, please don't claim how easy it is. Maybe I should just try not to parry, but two hits and I'm dead with these stats.

Sorry! Not the boss, he's tough as hell, just dodging the lightning. I eventually caved and summoned for help since I got tired of getting him to 5% and then him going thrash mode three times in a row. It never fucking failed.

konjak

Sorry! Not the boss, he's tough as hell, just dodging the lightning. I eventually caved and summoned for help since I got tired of getting him to 5% and then him going thrash mode three times in a row. It never fucking failed.

Ah, okay, sorry! Just in a very bad place now, haha

wiibomb

Please tell me there is a way to access the research hall from the surgery altar in the cathedral...

For some reason I had to restore the license of the DLC because it bugged for me, now I have to manually lit all the lamps in the DLC (at least all bosses are defeated)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah, sometimes specific people just can't connect at all. The other day I was cooping with a friend, and he wanted his other friend to join us. The guy waited and waited and wasn't getting summoned. Then I died somewhere in the level (I think to the sharks in the well), and his friend got insta-summoned. I rang again and I wasn't getting summoned anymore. It's like either of us could connect with the host, but not with each others. :(

Anyone else needs help? xPhinehas, konjak, maybe?

Please tell me there is a way to access the research hall from the surgery altar in the cathedral...

For some reason I had to restore the license of the DLC because it bugged for me, now I have to manually lit all the lamps in the DLC (at least all bosses are defeated)
Redownload your save from cloud?

Oof that came out weird. I meant to say I've got a BL160 with a Whirligig and a BL120 with the bowblade/Chikage/Bloodletter.

Sadness. I wanted to see a BL140 character with 120 Bloodtinge*.

"I'm going to shoot them, and if that doesn't work... umm, yeah."

*Yes, I know it likely caps at 99.

wiibomb

Redownload your save from cloud?

My last save in the cloud was in the hunter's dream :X

I have an idea... may be if I get someone with the beckoning bell in the reasearch hall to lift the elevator for me up there?

But I don't know if I can do it without a boss in the area

xPhinehas

Yeah, sometimes specific people just can't connect at all. The other day I was cooping with a friend, and he wanted his other friend to join us. The guy waited and waited and wasn't getting summoned. Then I died somewhere in the level (I think to the sharks in the well), and his friend got insta-summoned. I rang again and I wasn't getting summoned anymore. It's like either of us could connect with the host, but not with each others. :(

Anyone else needs help? xPhinehas, konjak, maybe?

I'm in Defiled Chalice Layer Two if you're up for it. PSN: Phinehas_

wiibomb

Dont mind trying this, what do you want the password to be?

Just tried it.. the beckoning bell cannot be used..

Aw c'mon, I still need one weapon from there to get the trophy!

EDIT: wait! What about the sinister bell??? Just don't attack me and let me lit the lantern

EDIT2: i just realized there is only the sinister resonant bell.. damn, there must be somthing

Just tried it.. the beckoning bell cannot be used..

Aw c'mon, I still need one weapon from there to get the trophy!

EDIT: wait! What about the sinister bell??? Just don't attack me and let me lit the lantern

EDIT2: i just realized there is only the sinister resonant bell.. damn, there must be somthing
No idea :( I hope it works out for you

Alright.
Orphan of Kos
is officially not fun anymore. Anyone want to help me bring him down?

Pass is GAFHUNT

Thanks, hunters.
NG? NG+?

Top Bottom