• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Soma

sooo if i've got the beckoning bell rung outside a boss room but no continuous "searching for the chime of a small resonant bell" notice popping up every so often... something isn't working correctly right?

:|

Robot Pants

sooo if i've got the beckoning bell rung outside a boss room but no continuous "searching for the chime of a small resonant bell" notice popping up every so often... something isn't working correctly right?

:|

I've been getting that today too. It still works though. Just don't see the message

Maybesew

Hey how do I use cloud save to get multiple trophies at the end of the game? I never looked into it and now I'm going to talk to gerhman

Hey how do I use cloud save to get multiple trophies at the end of the game? I never looked into it and now I'm going to talk to gerhman
Have a save before it happens. Either copy your save to a usb drive or upload it on cloud. If you upload it on cloud, make sure it won't auto upload your save files. Do X ending, delete x ending save file from yor hard drive, then redownload the previous save from cloud or usb drive.

sappyday

Jesus I think I made a major mistake going into the DLC at NG++. The base game isn't that hard with the exception of a few areas but this DLC is tough.

I beat
Ludwig
thanks to summoning two players but they died when the boss's hp reached around 20%. Got really lucky because I ran out of vials and bullets but thankfully I staggered him and was able to kill him right there. Now I'm at the
Research Hall
. These areas are beautiful so far and it's already shaping up to be one of my favorite DLCs from the Souls game (I'm enjoying it somewhat more than AotA and way more than DkS2's DLC).

Robot Pants

Jesus I think I made a major mistake going into the DLC at NG++. The base game isn't that hard with the exception of a few areas but this DLC is tough.

I beat
Ludwig
thanks to summoning two players but they died when the boss's hp reached around 20%. Got really lucky because I ran out of vials and bullets but thankfully I staggered him and was able to kill him right there. Now I'm at the
Research Hall
. These areas are beautiful so far and it's already shaping up to be one of my favorite DLCs from the Souls game (I'm enjoying it somewhat more than AotA and way more than DkS2's DLC).
You made a big mistake. Just start over

I beat
Ludwig
Research Hall

Nah, it's fine.

(You're probably going to need some help for the optional boss, though.)

Edit: Provided that when you say "NG++" you mean "I Platinumed the game so I have decent gems from Chalice Dungeons". If you never did Chalice, then yeah, NG++ DLC is probably going to be "fun".

KeRaSh

I DID IT! :D

Summoned someone with another pizza cutter and ganked the fuck out of OoK XD

Basically this thing again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7782HSUNI84

Absolutely amazing. :D
I killed Vicar Amelia yesterday and finally entered the DLC for the first time. Those hunters don't fuck around but at Lv 122 with LHB+10 (50 STR / 34 SKL) and around 42 VIT I'm doing pretty fine. I'm sure that will change when I meet
Ludwig
... I'm already scared. Hopefully there's a chance to summon an NPC. I have no shame.
/edit: NG+

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Absolutely amazing. :D
I killed Vicar Amelia yesterday and finally entered the DLC for the first time. Those hunters don't fuck around but at Lv 122 with LHB+10 (50 STR / 34 SKL) and around 42 VIT I'm doing pretty fine. I'm sure that will change when I meet
Ludwig
... I'm already scared. Hopefully there's a chance to summon an NPC. I have no shame.

There is but she with get wrecked immediately in the second phase like clockwork.

Bacco

Banned
Old Hunters improved my Fashion Souls :D

That was my Vampire Hunter D

bloodborne__d_by_damodega-d9jj9is.jpg

Now with Yamamura arm bands and Rakuo as weapon he's perfect :D

Finally killed those fucking fishes in the well last night. Jesus Christ what a fucking nightmare. I think they're worse than most bosses in the game, vanilla+dlc. They one shoted me countless times: NG++, level 190, 50 vitality. Are you kidding me??
Used the trick with the shaman bone blade after I got the first one down to 50% life. I think it's almost impossible otherwise. They are relentless.

NEO0MJ

Took the time to beat
Ludwig
today, yay! Such an intense fight. I was so in the zone. The boss after was such a disappointment in comparison. Beat it on my first try.

myco666

Took the time to beat
Ludwig
today, yay! Such an intense fight. I was so in the zone. The boss after was such a disappointment in comparison. Beat it on my first try.

Combatwise the second boss is lame I agree but it is visually one of my favorite fights in the game. Also the theme is really good.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Took the time to beat
Ludwig
Yeah beat him today with a new character. I wonder if that patch buffed him a bit cause I lost twice after beating him the third time.

1st time I was in someone's game and he wrecked us. 2nd time I summoned 2 NPCs and got him to sword and he wrecked us. 3rd time he killed one NPC but me and the other managed to outlast him.

Geez this guy is super annoying.

Adam Blue

Finally killed those fucking fishes in the well last night. Jesus Christ what a fucking nightmare. I think they're worse than most bosses in the game, vanilla+dlc. They one shoted me countless times: NG++, level 190, 50 vitality. Are you kidding me??
Used the trick with the shaman bone blade after I got the first one down to 50% life. I think it's almost impossible otherwise. They are relentless.

Yeah NG++ on this is tough. Most bosses and bigger enemies can one-shot. I've done everything except for the
optional boss
. But honestly, I've only attempted it 3 times. Taking a SoulsBreak.

sappyday

Nah, it's fine.

(You're probably going to need some help for the optional boss, though.)

Edit: Provided that when you say "NG++" you mean "I Platinumed the game so I have decent gems from Chalice Dungeons". If you never did Chalice, then yeah, NG++ DLC is probably going to be "fun".

lol shit. I stopped the chalice dungeon on whichever gives you the Beast Claw.

Impulsor

So I finished this game on april. Never touched it again, bought the GOTY edition, and started the DLC on a NG+.

Loving it, hard as nails though, almost at the firt boss, got killed by some dudes on a bridge because I misjudged my space.

I'm gonna try to go for the platinum this time around.

Chalice Dungeons are not affected by the current NG+ you are in right?

sheaaaa

The fact that I'm missing the final trophy for all DLC weapons because I missed the Holy Moonlight Sword is really bothering me.

If I were to do a NG++ just to get it, what stat would I be better off levelling? Strength and Skill are both 60ish, with the rest pumped mainly into Vitality and Endurance.

I'm also looking at changing my weapon just to mix things up. Been using Ludwig's Holy Blade pretty much the whole game. What's something interesting to use that wouldn't be significantly weaker thanks to my stats?

Bacco

Banned
The fact that I'm missing the final trophy for all DLC weapons because I missed the Holy Moonlight Sword is really bothering me.

If I were to do a NG++ just to get it, what stat would I be better off levelling? Strength and Skill are both 60ish, with the rest pumped mainly into Vitality and Endurance.

I'm also looking at changing my weapon just to mix things up. Been using Ludwig's Holy Blade pretty much the whole game. What's something interesting to use that wouldn't be significantly weaker thanks to my stats?

I have high STR/DEX and LHB+10, used the dlc rock to do a Rakuo+10

Thing is the weapon itself is fun and even good, but specially with that stats LHB+10 nothing come close imho, at least not for my build

Still use Rakuo because i've more fun with it

I beat
Ludwig
Research Hall

Welcome to my world. You'll get used to it eventually. I
took down the Living Failures and Maria
last night. It
took help with fucking Maria though. Fuck her.

It's funny because the hardest chalice dungeons I can find for blood rocks are 10 times easier than this DLC on NG++.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Gotta say, the second and third areas of the DLC are the most twisted and disturbing shit I've come across in years, felt like SH when it was still aggressively scary.

Great expansion as always, the consistency of the Souls DLC really is remarkable.

ironcreed

Banned
Gotta say, the second and third areas of the DLC are the most twisted and disturbing shit I've come across in years, felt like SH when it was still aggressively scary.

Great expansion as always, the consistency of the Souls like really is remarkable.

The harbor area is like the remnants of a decrepit old Cult of Dagon village where things went horribly wrong. Malformed things indeed.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Te harbor area is like the remnants of a decrepit old Cult of Dagon village where things went horribly wrong. Malformed things indeed.

It really is Shadow over Innsmouth, they are really wearing their Lovecraft inspiration on their sleeves there !

The floor in the underground areas makes me queasy just to look at... I honestly started to feel ill when clearing those areas lol

gunstarhero

Kind of stressing over the new weapons.

Im playing NG+ and went into the DLC with a LHB+10 and Stake Driver+9.

Obtained the Boom Hammer and Beast Cutter, both of which look really awesome, especially for a STR build like my character.

What's stressing me out is the fact that those weapons, without upgrading, are SO weak compared to my current weapons. So I either choose one now and dump my shards/chunks into them, or wait further down the DLC for other weapons.

Are the other weapons much further into the DLC? I really don't want to play through most of the DLC with my LHB.

Also, what's the general consensus on the best DLC weapons for STR build?

Arjen

Kind of stressing over the new weapons.

Im playing NG+ and went into the DLC with a LHB+10 and Stake Driver+9.

Obtained the Boom Hammer and Beast Cutter, both of which look really awesome, especially for a STR build like my character.

What's stressing me out is the fact that those weapons, without upgrading, are SO weak compared to my current weapons. So I either choose one now and dump my shards/chunks into them, or wait further down the DLC for other weapons.

Are the other weapons much further into the DLC? I really don't want to play through most of the DLC with my LHB.

Also, what's the general consensus on the best DLC weapons for STR build?

Pizza cutter is by far the best strength weapon. You get it pretty early in the DLC too.

ironcreed

Banned
It really is Shadow over Innsmouth, they are really wearing their Lovecraft inspiration on their sleeves there !

The floor in the underground areas makes me queasy just to look at... I honestly started to feel ill when clearing those areas lol

Yeah, it is pretty grotesque. Especially when
the malformed women come crawling out of those shells.
Actually, it's not just grotesque. It is straight fucked up.

Is the stake driver a good weapon? I've always meant to try it, but I'm unsure if the terrible range is compensated enough by good power/dps?

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member

Wait, can't you just go back and get it. I missed it as well, but I was
able to go back, talk to the head until it mumbles and then attack it and I got the sword.

Roussow

Is the stake driver a good weapon? I've always meant to try it, but I'm unsure if the terrible range is compensated enough by good power/dps?

I remember watching a video of a guy slaughter defiled Amygdala with a couple of good charged R2's. The damn thing was doing 3.6K damage per hit.

I say, if you like the move-set enough -- with the right gems, you can make any weapon work.

gunstarhero

It's great, but it's greatest move (L1 mode, R2 charge) is near impossible to hit with at max charge, ruining a bit of the fun of it.

It's a close range weapon for sure - but the range isn't terrible. The speed is excellent for mobs and standard enemies. I wouldn't recommend it for most bosses though.

I really wish they would extend the range of it L1/R2 charge - it's ridiculously strong, and the wait time to charge it to full is very long. I feel like the charge time should be the only handicap - not the range.

Like any weapon in this game, it just takes practice to main it. Some weapons are easier to master than others - the Stake Driver falls in the harder category IMO.

cm osi

Not sure if these were posted yet: NG+ no vials, no bullets DLC boss fights

Good material if you're trying to learn how to avoid some attacks.

that's a level i'll never reach, lol.
i would have appreciated the inclusion of a stat resetter for the dlc, to try new builds without having to start a new game and gather weapons (collecting souls in NG kinda sucks)

anyway, anyone can tell me what's
fishing hamlet in the lore? i gave the game to a co-worker so i can't check ingame for description. my first impression was "what is this place?"where is the secret?" i saw a city at the bottom of the sea/lake, is it yarnham?

Top Bottom