• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

myco666

Yea doing the same,not too hype for a reskin....
Overall I'd say the dlc has 3 bosses that are really great, 1 reskin and 1 utter trash boss

Utter trash being Living Failures? I thought it was actually good fight. Felt like a fixed version of Celestial Emissary.
Other bosses are way better though.

Gbraga

Need your input GAF:

I have two characters who are more or less at the same spot in the game, which is right before Father G. My 'main' is on NG+ and has all the nice stuff and a build/playstyle I'm comfortable with, she's around lvl 80-100 or so.

My other character however is new, probably only around lvl 10-15, but I'm having fun with his threaded cane 'build'. I would rather do the DLC with this new, low level character, but is that even a feasible thought?

I'm not that good at the game to begin with, so I'm concerned that I might not even be able to give it a fair shot with the latter, newer and weaker character...

Would appreciate any input :)

I'd say you probably should wait at least until you have a +6 weapon rather than going there as soon as possible, but you should be fine with the new character.

So after Amelia, at least do either Hemwick or Forbidden Woods to get Twin Shards and a +6 weapon. Hemwick should be much easier, it'll stock you up on blood vials as well.

Ogawa-san

My other character however is new, probably only around lvl 10-15, but I'm having fun with his threaded cane 'build'. I would rather do the DLC with this new, low level character, but is that even a feasible thought?
You'd get mauled. You're gonna want some more health and weapon upgrades before heading in.

Frith

agh fucking ps4 controller
i met a dude on before the door back to the chapel shortcut put my controller down to listen to him and pressed r2 (yes i know i'm an idiot)
now hes pissed at me i assume im gonna miss a load of dialoge in as few spoilers as possible can you tell me if i should just ng and try again is there anything im going to miss (like a crow scale storyline) or just play through

Hybrid897

Which gravestone allows me to teleport to dlc areas?

I've just hit the 2nd lantern but still don't have the option to teleport directly there from the hunter's dream.

myco666

Nice.

Looking forward to trying again. The openings during the second phase are so small

Thanks! The second phase is really hard. Had really hard time getting hits in with the Wheel.

Which gravestone allows me to teleport to dlc areas?

I've just hit the 2nd lantern but still don't have the option to teleport directly there from the hunter's dream.

It is on the otherside of the house. Near the Chalice stones and Insight bath messenger.

Kensuke

I killed a hunter and then I died before I could grab his item. He doesn't respawn. Getting paranoid I might have missed a weapon now or something.

Second area spoilers:
It's in the research hall. He's basically the only hunter you meet. To get to him you have to jump from a balcony. It's quite high up and he fell down after a hit. There is a blob right next to him talking about Maria.
Does anyone remember what he drops?

Jito

Banned
Feel like I'm missing the first lantern or a hidden one, I'm proper diving deep into the area every time and it's a trek to get back to my echoes.

drotahorror

Feel like I'm underpowered. I don't want to read the OT as it has tons of spoilers.

I'm like 42 with +3 weapons. The first enemies take around 5 or 6 ripostes to kill.

Ferr986

Feel like I'm underpowered. I don't want to read the OT as it has tons of spoilers.

I'm like 42 with +3 weapons. The first enemies take around 5 or 6 ripostes to kill.

yeah, +3 weapons are nothing. Recomended level is +60 and you should atleast have +6 weapons (I'm sure +9 would help a lot).

myco666

Level 65 is assumed to be recommended level. So it is pretty much endgame area. Having atleast +6 weapon would also help alot.

edit.

Guys I'm lvl 100 with 30 VIT and on NG+. Is the DLC doable at this level?

Everything is always doable. Beginning of the DLC might be fine but later parts will be a challenge.

Fuck, it took waaaaaay too long to kill 2nd boss on ng+, something is not right man....idk if im just not as powerful as im supposed to be or what. That was freakin ridiculous, wasnt even difficult it just was time consuming. Kinda wish i went with my gut and just started a new char the other day now...

Mendrox

Fuck, it took waaaaaay too long to kill 2nd boss on ng+, something is not right man....idk if im just not as powerful as im supposed to be or what. That was freakin ridiculous, wasnt even difficult it just was time consuming. Kinda wish i went with my gut and just started a new char the other day now...

Still not to late. Experienced Bloodborne players need about 1 1/2 hours till the DLC, getting to the Wet Nurse and skipping some things is easily possible in about 4 hours or less.

Freeman76

I'm finding this damn hard. Level 103 on NG+, the huge axe guy defending the first boss room is owning me, if he hits me and I get floored, his second hit kills me while I'm down. Then tried going a different way only to be met with a triliogy of turrets pointed at my face lol. Enjoyable but damn I'm finding it rough going.

Ferr986

You guys are starting to scare me with the bosses HP talk.

I mean, I have good gems and I deal around 500-600 per hit but seems like it's not enough for NG++ bosses?

The very firsts moments I played yesterday I was doing OK against the hunters but I assume they are really easy compared to what comes next.

Man still 6 hours of work....

Still not to late. Experienced Bloodborne players need about 1 1/2 hours till the DLC, getting to the Wet Nurse and skipping some things is easily possible in about 4 hours or less.
Yea i actualy started a new character, but then i figured i wanted to jump into the dlc with my fav weapon asap, the burial blade and all the gems i collected.

I guess if this next boss is just as ridiculous then i actually will start a new char

Ferr986

Yea i actualy started a new character, but then i figured i wanted to jump into the dlc with my fav weapon asap, the burial blade and all the gems i collected.

I guess if this next boss is just as ridiculous then i actually will start a new char

That's the reason why I want to do this with my 120 NG++ rather than a 60 character on NG that probably would be better for this lol

KeRaSh

I'm kicking myself for starting NG+ with my only character. Now I'm scared the DLC will be too hard. I think I was around Lv 110 (might be lower, though) and I stopped right after activating the first lamp so I'll gain some levels by the time I reach the DLC.
What's the recommended Lv for the DLC on NG+?

Gbraga

Still didn't get the chance to play it, but what are you guys thinking about the story so far? I'm really glad you can get into the DLC so early in the game, because Bloodborne desperately needed more early game weapons, but at the same time I worry that will limit how far they'll go into the story, as to not spoil things too much for people playing it for the first time and getting into the DLC as soon as possible.

cyba89

Defeated
Ludwig
on my third try. I'm level 90 in regular NG and don't really feel overpowered. But maybe I'm just bad after not playing this game for seven months.

Hypron

You guys are starting to scare me with the bosses HP talk.

I mean, I have good gems and I deal around 500-600 per hit but seems like it's not enough for NG++ bosses?

It's not that you don't do enough damage it's that the bosses have too much health haha. Even with the best gems around you're not going to do that much more damage than you're already doing.

Nice!

First half you play much more carefully than I did. You only hit once with the Cane where as I always tried to get two hits in with the Wheel. Also you got really lucky on couple of instances there where you had only pixel of health left.

I'm pretty proud of 3:50 moment, like i'm on a pixel but didnt panic and timed the dodge correctly.... that said that fight made me panic alot, so crazy

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Hi fellow hunters,
I can't seem to access The Old Hunters expansion.

At the weekend I beat the game (very proud :) )
I started a NG+, beat CB, beat FG, Killed Amelia, inspected the altar and turned day to night. Turned off console and left it at that.

Booted in to Bloodborne this morning and there is no Eye of the Blood-Drunk Hunter item available for me at the stairs within the Hunters Dream?

Have I done anything wrong here??

Thanks in advance!

Anyone?

Top Bottom