• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

watdaeff4

They've been doing it before the DLC hit, s.

Yeah but the doll was also praying before the DLC tombstone and the Old Hunters Bone was found at the corresponding "waking world" tombstone from the beginning. They likely had some of this already mapped out.

BTW I'm not saying I'm correct just throwing out a theory. If you have another please share

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I've been playing BB since launch and plat'ed it a long time ago. So why would people want to commit suicide in front of the doll?
Idling while in transformed chikage mode (or with a cursed gem)?

Yes there is. Just remember to open all gates. For some reason summoning is blocked in that area if you don't have all gates open.
Negative, you just need to unlock the Emblem door (either with the actual emblem, or from behind coming from the Workshop).

Sayad

Are there a lot of people really suiciding? Most of the bloodstains I've checked in the hunters dream looked like they died during PvP!

RiggyRob

Better late than never - episode 24, Pimmsy vs. Undead Giant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-92JunsvEI

This is pretty much where Pimmsy came up against OoK and was like nope, doing something else for a change - after banging her head against him a few times of course. I told her she might as well do some of the other chalices since there was literally nothing else for her to do in the main game.

She might've been over-levelled for this fight in particular but Undead Giant can still wreck you if you mess up, so I think she did pretty well.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Farm echoes and by bullets. With 2,3 eye runes 20k in Lecture building, 55k in Mergo's Loft Middle, easy 110k in 3mins in great Isz layer 3.

i have to say that after getting the loading times under control as long as you bring y our whole stash of bold hunters marks with you the lecture hall turns into a very, very quick grind. Was only worth it if you were horridly stuck before patching and such. Now it's like a 30 second breeze, 5 second bold. repeat until full o blood stuffs.

What's the best weapon to use to take down Ludwig? I got him down to 2/3 health with Ludwig's Holy Blade before he got me. Maybe it's a bit too slow?

Mutombo

goddamnit guys! Finally managed to find a co op partner for Laurence and Valtr forgets to join the fight.

He ran out of vials pretty fuckng quickly too.

AND I just had to hit him ONE MORE TIME and he was dead.

But so did he.

I'm standing in front of the gate and if anyone can help me with laurence, that'd be great!

Bruzur

Neo Member
What's the best weapon to use to take down Ludwig? I got him down to 2/3 health with Ludwig's Holy Blade before he got me. Maybe it's a bit too slow?

The Holy Blade is a solid choice for STR builds, no question. However, if you're making attempts to "tank" the fight, and plan to play more aggressive, getting to the inside is crucial with a SKL-based weapon.

I've played through the DLC twice now, and both times I used different weapons on each boss.
For Ludwig, I used the Holy Blade first, then during my NG+4 run - Simon's Bowblade (+10).

I've been helping a lot of people during the last few nights with several of the bosses.
I'm "Bru_zur" on PSN, feel free to add me if you'd like to co-op sometime.

krakov

Oh I guess it is just that I open it always last then. Rather weird design choice still though as there is no need for it to be open.

Wooden shield gate would be good enough. I guess the reason is to not have a summon open the gate for you or get stuck with no way to move forward.

mulac

I'm done with Bloodborne.

• Achieved Platinum in main game.
  • Completed every Chalice Dungeon Layer.
  • Tried my hand at pvp.
  • Got every stat up to 50.
  • Got every weapon.
  • Happy with my gem's in the end.
  • Beat 100% Old Hunters.
  • Tried my hand at coop both ways.
DONE.

Here is my character, Guybrush - standing on the shores of the Fishing Hamlet after defeating The Orphan of Kos and Slaying the Nightmare with his favourite weapons (Pizza Cutter + Evelyn and Saw Spear + Evelyn) - all of which I got to +10 build.

3YRrCCYl.jpg

gjUVOvHl.jpg

Eqjn6gwl.jpg

z3eHOAMl.jpg

uFv0unal.jpg

4FRf3bil.jpg

Now I go onwards into the night to beat the rest of the games this year I started and never got back to: Fallout 4, Rise of Tomb Raider, Metal Gear 5, Sunset Overdrive, MCC Halo 4 to name a few...until Dark Souls 3 releases in April.

Bloodborne is hands down my favourite game of all time; I've ordered both guides now (which I never used) because I want to immerse myself in the lore, grabbed the figurine: http://tinyurl.com/jthumsk and am loving the soundtracks on youtube.

I had dabbled with Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 before so wasnt completely new to the genre but this has sold me - I am now going to grab Scholar of the First Sin and get through that before DS3 releases. But Blooborne is perhaps the most satisfying, brutal, difficult and yell-out-at-the-tv frustrating games I have played in my +20yr gaming career.

Thank you FROM, Neogaf and everyone who helped along the way.
Truly one of the standout games on the PS4, or indeed the entire Playstation Catalogue and if you own a Playstation 4 then you owe it to yourself to play and beat Bloodborne - Game of the Year.

And now it has been deleted from my console.

Happy Hunting.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
goddamnit guys! Finally managed to find a co op partner for Laurence and Valtr forgets to join the fight.

He ran out of vials pretty fuckng quickly too.

AND I just had to hit him ONE MORE TIME and he was dead.

But so did he.

I'm standing in front of the gate and if anyone can help me with laurence, that'd be great!
NG? NG+? Still there? Password? :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
fuking shit. I had him again by just one sliver, and I even had TWO co op helpers stil alive. All i had to do was sit back.

but yeah i'm still there. You too?

NG+
Hmmm I'll be there. gafhunt. I'm NG but quite high. Should work hopefully. If not. Good luck.

I'll wait a few more min. May not work... :(

Mutombo

fuck. we didn't do much better. i'm calling it for today. Seriously, that second time i almost had him..... oh man.

but thanks guys

k1t4j

Hey guys, been a while since I played BB and I just got
ludwig's sword in the DLC
but i am short 3 blood chunks to put it at lv9.

Any good places where I can farm these? Thanks in advance!

lunlunqq

New weapons are all nice; but for me the Augur Parry/Backstabbing is the true game changer. It allows 2-handed weapons to do V. Attacks without a gun. And if you manage to get behind an enemy, it can stun the enemy instantly for V. Attack. No charging time So good!!! Even if you mess up the timing/positioning, it usually knock your enemy down, allowing you to safely pull out and try again. It's my default spell now.

The_Dama

newb here. any tips and advice?
ive been playing the game for a week now and i still cant beat the first boss.
i wish the game had better instructions

lunlunqq

Upper cathedral. Those 5 werewolves in the orphanage.

cheesekao

The next area has two scurrying beasts at the bottom floor near the poison pool. Just kill them.

pixxxelz

Watch this video https://youtu.be/NJxi_w6jwRg

Also if a boss is giving you a hard time crush some madman knowledge (I think there's 3 or 4 on the sewers) and summon someone with the beckoning bell, if you fail to summon someone you get your insight back so no biggy, or you can buy the small resonant bell and help someone beat that boss to gain some echoes and insight and also learn his move set.

gogosox82

What exactly are you having trouble with? Its hard to give advice when you aren't specific about what issue your having.

I'm level 67 and I wanna play the main game a bit more and level up before I jump into the expansion too much.

I've seen video of that weapon from the expansion that looks like a giant buzz saw, I'd like that. How deep into the expansion is that? I'd like to jump into the expansion, grab that, and bring it back to the main game

Kieli

I don't like the placement of significant items like weapons.

Makes no sense for Rakuyo to be dropped by a fatass Fishman. Like, what are they even doing with such an important thing?

Makes a lot more sense, and is a lot more satisfying if we get this from downing Maria. Would be a great reward to top off an intense fight.

I also don't like it when enemies take a million years to swing and are locked onto you the entire time.... The fatass anchor fishman have auto-aim or some stupid bullshit. Ugh.

Fhtagn

I don't like the placement of significant items like weapons.

Makes no sense for Rakuyo to be dropped by a fatass Fishman. Like, what are they even doing with such an important thing?

Makes a lot more sense, and is a lot more satisfying if we get this from downing Maria. Would be a great reward to top off an intense fight.

I also don't like it when enemies take a million years to swing and are locked onto you the entire time.... The fatass anchor fishman have auto-aim or some stupid bullshit. Ugh.

she threw them down the well in disgust at what the hunters had done in the hamlet.

The well fight was bar none the hardest fight in the entire game for me (with the possible exception of ook which I haven't beaten yer but consistently got close to). Ebrietas, Gascogne, Gerhman, Ludwig... They got nothing on those stupid sharks. I was able to cheese it with old bone and shaman dagger but was not anywhere close before that. Not even close!

Btw ook reminds me of parasite eve final boss. I love love love the bosses intro! They are all so creepy!

Xux

I thought the well was kinda fun. Took me like 3 tries. Compared to my 30+ for Ludwig and 60+ for Defiled Keeper of the Old Lords it was pretty nice.
I'm level 67 and I wanna play the main game a bit more and level up before I jump into the expansion too much.

I've seen video of that weapon from the expansion that looks like a giant buzz saw, I'd like that. How deep into the expansion is that? I'd like to jump into the expansion, grab that, and bring it back to the main game
It's before the first boss.

I thought the well was kinda fun. Took me like 3 tries. Compared to my 30+ for Ludwig and 60+ for Defiled Keeper of the Old Lords it was pretty nice.
It's before the first boss.
I'm a decent player and I can't conceive how people beat that fight :) the lunge attack has INSANE reach. They never stop hitting. In NG+ almost all their attacks are near one shot. I just didn't get it!

Top Bottom