• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Bowler

I'm kicking myself for starting NG+ with my only character. Now I'm scared the DLC will be too hard. I think I was around Lv 110 (might be lower, though) and I stopped right after activating the first lamp so I'll gain some levels by the time I reach the DLC.
What's the recommended Lv for the DLC on NG+?

60 ng
120 ng+
170+ ng++

myco666

I'm pretty proud of 3:50 moment, like i'm on a pixel but didnt panic and timed the dodge correctly.... that said that fight made me panic alot, so crazy

I had many instances where I didn't manage to dodge that last attack correctly and died when he had also a pixel of health left. I am really bad when it comes keeping your cool on last few seconds when I am about to win.

60 ng
120 ng+
170+ ng++
Im 175 on ng+ and the bosses are making me feel like this is my first time ever playing a souls game lol.

I think i might just level a bit more and get some more powerful gems and maybe maxout a dlc weapon or two, kinda bummed i put a bunch of mats into moonlight sword but dont really like using it.

Roussow

I think i'm just going to start a new game tomorrow and play from the beginning right into the dlc itself. A few general questions, forgive me if they've been answered before. Now I saw in a review that after defeating VA you'll pickup a dlc item in the Hunters Dream, will it be super obvious how to access the dlc at this point? I never played Artorias of the Abyss, but I remember seeing videos on the convoluted the process was to access it was. Final question; is the dlc composed of new areas? Or remixes to old areas? Or both?

Carcetti

also depends if weapons are maxed (also with proper gems +300-400)

I'm NG+ but don't have a lot of good gems, just got tired of the random chalice levels so fast. is there a good chalice code I could dive into to start farming? I got a +10 holy blade I like to use most so something to fit that.

aly

Still didn't get the chance to play it, but what are you guys thinking about the story so far? I'm really glad you can get into the DLC so early in the game, because Bloodborne desperately needed more early game weapons, but at the same time I worry that will limit how far they'll go into the story, as to not spoil things too much for people playing it for the first time and getting into the DLC as soon as possible.

Not really spoilery, but just in case
I really like the story so far. I actually think it's better to finish the main games story before hoping into the DLC. There's several interesting and fun reasons for that.

Servbot24

Banned
How can I tell if Old Hunters correctly installed? It says I have the latest version, it says the Old Hunters add-on is installed, I've beaten VA, but the Eye item does not appear by the doll....

Kensuke

I killed a hunter and then I died before I could grab his item. He doesn't respawn. Getting paranoid I might have missed a weapon now or something.

Second area spoilers:
It's in the research hall. He's basically the only hunter you meet. To get to him you have to jump from a balcony. It's quite high up and he fell down after a hit. There is a blob right next to him talking about Maria.
Does anyone remember what he drops?

Found out by looking at a video. Just sedatives. Pfew.

Im 175 on ng+ and the bosses are making me feel like this is my first time ever playing a souls game lol.

I think i might just level a bit more and get some more powerful gems and maybe maxout a dlc weapon or two, kinda bummed i put a bunch of mats into moonlight sword but dont really like using it.

Ooooh, that sounds nice haha. I loved BB but I one shotted a lot of the bosses. If this takes me back to the difficulty of DS1 then I'll be happy.

Gbraga

I really like the story so far. I actually think it's better to finish the main games story before hoping into the DLC. There's several interesting and fun reasons for that.

I got worried about clicking this tag, but glad I did. Thanks for the impressions, that's great to know.

Hanmik

Ugh, this is so frustrating. I bought the DLC, I definitely fulfilled all the in game requirements. Where is the blood eye. :(

Remember to examine the altar after killing Vicar.
Then go to Hunters dream, the item shoould be on the steps between the doll and the house.

If not.. then try to turn of your console completely. And restart the game. Try Online and offline, to see if the item appears.

Manu

Yeah, I can't beat
Ludwig
. Died probably close to 30 times now.

He can stunlock you too easily. Sometimes I'll deplete a lot of his health without even healing and then he'll hit me once and hit me again before I can get out since I'm stunned from the hit.

I can't even reach his second phase consistenly. Fuck.

Ferr986

Played like 20 mins in lunch break. Reached the blood river shown in the demos. Want to atleast reach the first boss to decide if I keep playing this character or use another one. So far so good, luckily hunters come one by one so they're not hard. That guard caight me offguard but it's just a reskin of another enemy luckily.

Found burned
Cleric Beast
chilling in the C
athedral.
I though fucker was going to move but nope...

daveo42

Banned

I'm in the same position. Either I'm super rusty or I just plain suck.

silva1991

I just beat
Ludwig
at NG+5 or something after like 30 tries. my head fucking hurts I don't feel like finishing the dlc .

I think it's harder than Fume Knight( for now lol)

Servbot24

Banned
Remember to examine the altar after killing Vicar.
Then go to Hunters dream, the item shoould be on the steps between the doll and the house.

If not.. then try to turn of your console completely. And restart the game. Try Online and offline, to see if the item appears.

Turning the PS4 off and on again worked! As a tech support guy I really should have figured that one out myself ;)

myco666

Let me guess, you got hit while dodging right?

it's a shitty mechanic that makes you take like 10-10% more damage if you got hit while dodging and shooting a gun.

Well the game has a counter hit bonus and applies it to everything. If you get hits in while enemy is still in attack animation you also get the boost. I think it is a great mechanic.

Facism

The problem is the sword. He literally warps into you during a chain and I can't avoid it dodging anywhere

Co-op has gone to shit. I'm not getting any help and I'm not getting my insight back after cancelling

Can't wait even summon the old hunter henriett

zsynqx

A couple of things for first boss
Ludwig
(During phase one)

-Always dodge left on his charging attack.

-When he does the bigger aerial attack stand still and wait for the blood to start falling. Roll just after the second blood fall. (He has two aerial attacks btw and the smaller one is easy to dodge)

-When he does the slower, delayed swipe(with his right arm I think) I found it much safer to always dodge back.

This boss was honestly one of the hardest in any Souls game and had an insane amount of unique attacks.

Top Bottom