• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

silva1991

Well the game has a counter hit bonus and applies it to everything. If you get hits in while enemy is still in attack animation you also get the boost. I think it is a great mechanic.

In NG++++, that damage bonus only means instant death lol

I hope the later bosses aren't harder than
Ludwig
-__-

This DLC is making me feel like a total noob. The regular hunter enemies are completely trashing me to the point I just run past them all now. I killed the big axe dude with firebombs, and I wasted a full 20 vials (and still died!) against the dude with the claws where Gilberts house is. Then I eye spy the disgusting bloated bloodsucking enemies from Cainhurst (oh joy!) - I also walked towards the altar in Amelia's boss room and saw something twitch and shit myself and ran out lol!

At SL71 with a +8 weapon I do NOT feel prepared for this area at all!

So what would the recommended level to start this DLC be for someone who is on NG+? I'm at level 110 I believe, should I level up more or will I be okay?

owlbeak

I'm sure this has been answered but I skimmed the thread and missed it, would be nice if it was in the OT, but when can I access this? As in, I have a character on NG+ that is past Rom, can I go back to the cathedral ward and get into the DLC?

Ogawa-san

OK, this is driving me nuts.

In that room with
spiral stairs and people with huge heads
there's a platform above the doorway you came from, and there's an item there. How do you get it?

The only place I could jump down from is too high and I died.

(I don't think it's a spoiler, but just in case...)

Krigaren

I'd say do not play the DLC in NG over level 100 with good gems. I managed to take down all the bosses on my first try and only died twice to normal enemies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
OK, this is driving me nuts.

In that room with
spiral stairs and people with huge heads
there's a platform above the doorway you came from, and there's an item there. How do you get it?

The only place I could jump down from is too high and I died.

(I don't think it's a spoiler, but just in case...)
Did you get to the top of that room yet?

Rozart

So I donned the
church garb
(as hinted by some helpful messenger notes) and talked to
Ludwig
. Should I say yes or no? I assume this is how you'd acquire the
Moonlight Sword
?

aly

So I donned the
church garb
(as hinted by some helpful messenger notes) and talked to
Ludwig
. Should I say yes or no? I assume this is how you'd acquire the
Moonlight Sword
?

Say Yes= He gives it to you, Say No= You have to kill him to get it.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Whats the recommended level for the dlc cause im level 31 and getting my ass kicked

personally I go with 80 and a plus 10 weapon.

I'm 65 with a plus 9 amyarm and getting my ass kicked.
I'm barely doing damage to boss Ludwig.

Haha, why in the world would you do this? Seems like a good way to ruin the experience to me.

Well they could let you access the DLC from the main menu (like Witcher 3, incl. a new character at level 65) .....I don't know why they are against this option. I'm not replaying the main game so I'll be using a lvl 138 char,

Saint9806

Lmao.... Everyone talking about how hard it is, getting 1 shotted, losing echoes, can't beat this or beat that. Glad to see Bloodborne back!

Well they could let you access the DLC from the main menu (like Witcher 3, incl. a new character at level 65) .....I don't know why they are against this option. I'm not replaying the main game so I'll be using a lvl 138 char,

That doesn't sound great for this type of game also past dlcs handled it the same way as this.

myco666

I'd say do not play the DLC in NG over level 100 with good gems. I managed to take down all the bosses on my first try and only died twice to normal enemies.

Well really depends on how your stats are. You can have lvl200 character with base health and the DLC would still be really hard. Unless your Vit is super high this will still be hard as damage output on enemies is high. My character was lvl120 but you could have taken 30-40 levels from it and my HP and damage output would have been the same still. Had hard time only on the last boss though.

No one would start from the beginning anymore if you could just pick already leveled character. It would destroy any traffic there is in the early game.

Haha
Ludwig
is absolutely destroying me. Managed to get by the first phase pretty well, but his second completely tears apart my Old Hunter co-op partner and then me. Last two tries I haven't even got to that part because of that
delayed one-hit jump. The timing is too unpredictable.

So, i decided to participate in some jolly co-operation with the new Covenant and also to check out the Hunter's Nightmare before going in alone in my game to prevent an unexpected loss of blood echoes (aka ambush) ... and wow, either i got bad due to not playing the game for months, or the game is hard.

I think i am pretty overleveled for the DLC on NG (LVL 113, yeah i know, freaking Chalice Dungeons forced me to grind) ... and maybe the half-health you have as a summon does play into that too ... but i got my butt handed to me by SPOILER FIRST BOSS
Ludwig
Didn't do much damage either with my Cane +10 and a really high Dex stat...
OHKO'd me with some charging (?) attack ...

Need to get better again.

Manu

So, i decided to participate in some jolly co-operation with the new Covenant and also to check out the Hunter's Nightmare before going in alone in my game to prevent a unexpected loss of blood echoes ... and wow, either i got bad due to not playing the game for months, or the game is hard.

I think i am pretty overleveled for the DLC on NG (LVL 113, yeah i know, freaking Chalice Dungeons forced me to grind) ... and maybe the half-health you have as a summon does play into that too ... but i got my butt handed to me by SPOILER FIRST BOSS
Ludwig
Didn't do much damage either with my Cane +10 and a really high Dex stat...
OHKO'd me with some charging (?) attack ...

Need to get better again.

I just beat him at lvl 79 after probably 30-40 tries. I feel like I've forgotten how to play, even though just yesterday I one shot Logarius with the same character.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

me1gROp.gif

DLC complete on NG+

First phase of the final boss went over pretty well then it steadily descended into a game of don't have a heart attack.

Here's my run. The ending was desperate as fuck lol. THAT MADE IT MORE HYPE THO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrCCzE0DwcY

So I've been playing BB offline, I now decided to check out online but does that mean someone can just enter my game to co-op bosses? I do not want that.

I can't play this until Saturday but I'm so pumped. I want to start a new character based around some new weapons. Any must have weapons so far that I should build for?

I'm thinking a strength bloodtinge build but I'm open to anything.

Top Bottom