• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Ferr986

You got to be fucking kidding me now weapon broke at the
second phase
lol

And yeah Fire paper is def. better.

Atleast Im gitting gud but maaaan.

Yogg

So I started a NG yesterday for the DLC, and in F
orbidden
F
orest
, (sporlers inc):

I met Valtr who gave me the new rune and the directives to squish things. I went on to clear the area and died a few times doing so. At some point, when I respawn at the lantern, Valtr was standing in front of the lantern, aggressive. He kicked my ass multiple times (I was level 30) and ended up dying when he dropped from the elevator to the deeper forest chasing me.

What did I do wrong there? Why did he attack me ?

Neoweee

How is the slope in echo gain from enemies?

This pulls the same "trick" as the Chalice dungeons or DS2 DLC, insofar that early enemies give shit Echoes below their difficulty, but the gain becomes more reasonable further in. Is that the case here?

I might be a bit rusty, but
Ludwig
is giving me a heck of a time. His health just takes forever to wittle down. Tips? Haven't played in months, gotta git gud again.

guess that answers that. I didnt think executioners were part of the church, story is all over the place though so whatevs.

:O

Where did you think they were from? The church organized the Executioners as an in-house mercenary goon squad to lay waste to Castle Cainhurst.

Queen Annalise wasn't kidding when she said she was "Queen of the Vilebloods, and sworn enemy of the church."

I bet it's because of the co-op, regardless of the connection. That makes more sense, and sucks.

Yes.

But the Phantasm Shell is obviously much cheaper and better for your early trial and error rounds. You might try getting through the first half with the Phantasm Shell and then doing the second half with Fire Paper, just so you're not wasting it on busted attempts.

...or you could gem your weapon with flame.
/profit

Grexeno

Played a lot of
Hunter's Nightmare
today. Got up to the part with
the river of blood and the dudes on top of the bridge at one end, a super dark cave at the other.
Had to BHM out because I forgot I had Cursed Blood Gems on my LHB and it was close to breaking. How close was I to a lamp?

(First boss spoiler)
Ludwig
beaten!

What an incredible battle and that second half, and that music. So good.

Just happened a weird thing, before beaten him I helped someone to beat him, but he died after the first phase, we totally skipped the second phase. Someone knows hows that possible? a glitch?

So is there a way to legitimately use these new weapons? I don't have an excess of Blood Stone Chunks, and I'm sure LHB is still the best anyway.

I want to use the new weapons but the damage dropoff is so drastic that it's impossible. Did the Bloodborne community ever figure out how to farm upgrade materials?

Ludwig
, why so mad? Goddammit! I tried it solo, I tried it with an Old Hunter. I tried to help others, we had 1+1, 1+1+NPC and 1+1+1 groups. With summon groups we couldn't even
get to phase 2. I could do that alone with the NPC though
. I'm lvl116, too low?

I like it. Bloodborne's last 4-5 bosses were just too easy. This is good,
Ludwig
is good.

I started an NG for this, is there some good farming spots for some echoes?

yatesl

Apparently I've lost my Bloodborne legs, as I was having trouble with the first white guy, and had to cheese him.

Still, time for bed, and I'll push on past
those horrendous spider women monster people
, that are the worst enemies in the game.

myco666

(First boss spoiler)
Ludwig
beaten!

What an incredible battle and that second half, and that music. So good.

Just happened a weird thing, before beaten him I helped someone to beat him, but he died after the first phase, we totally skipped the second phase. Someone knows hows that possible? a glitch?

Other Gaffer posted about that happening to him also. I wonder if it is easily replicated.

So is there a way to legitimately use these new weapons? I don't have an excess of Blood Stone Chunks, and I'm sure LHB is still the best anyway.

I want to use the new weapons but the damage dropoff is so drastic that it's impossible. Did the Bloodborne community ever figure out how to farm upgrade materials?

You get bunch of chunks from the DLC. As for farming Chalices are fastest and most reliable way to get them.

how the hell are you up still ;-;

or did i actually pass out ore than i slept in the past 3 days combined, 10 hours

Well it is 12pm here where I live. Going to hit the bed pretty soon though. Slept like 6hours last night because of this DLC.

StewboaT_

How tough will this be for my lvl 100 ng+ character? I'm not down to grind any more levels so I'm a little hesitant to purchase at this point.

rdytoroll

I can buy the DLC at any point in the game right? So I'm starting a new character, but will buy the DLC later and can then access it easily?

Ferr986

Guys.......

015.gif

I fucking did it man. I'm exhausted lol

If nothing else you can buy Bloodstones and Twin Bloodstones with Echoes. Or, you can buy Bloodstones for 1 Insight, Twins for 2, and Chunks for 30.

Donos

How tough will this be for my lvl 100 ng+ character? I'm not down to grind any more levels so I'm a little hesitant to purchase at this point.

started dlc with lvl 102 in NG+. Normal enemies are fine, hunters are tough and boss is tough too (just fought the first one and died in one minute). It's also important that your weapons are maxed. Enemies give a lot of echoes, so you can lvl at least 5-9 lvls before the boss.

Top Bottom