• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

myco666

Guys.......

015.gif

I fucking did it man. I'm exhausted lol

What a fantastic gif you posted there.

Congratz on beating the tutorial of the DLC!
No really it gets harder.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
DLC is perfection minus those absolutely garbage giant monsters in
Fishing Hamlet.

A terrible giant flailing enemy in Bloodborne? Who would have thought!

convo

Using a Church armor set enables that dialogue, I used the Choir one

Makes sense now.
Astral Tower
sure is
Tower of Latria
. The amount of
squirming and suffering patients that still have their sanity to speak makes it even better

sephi22

Lvl 100 for NG+ is fine. I'm rocking Ludwig's blade, and it's damn effective against the hunters!

Ludwig's HB+10 with 25/25/30 in STR/SKL/ARC is doing fine for my Lvl 94 NG+ character, but the first boss of the DLC is destroying me.

Dmg isn't a problem. Survival is

Well shit... These bosses take way more hits to kill and dish out more pain than anything in the main game.

After 4 goes at Ludwig I just summoned. Solo got him down to about 25% but I wanna see the content so summoned for 5th go.

Just got to the big blue things boss. First half easy enough. All goes black... Ok what's this.... Ahhhh roms arcane rain only bigger.... Run... Nope.... Roll.... Nope..... Wtf dead

Will give it anothger go tomorrow lol.

Really good so far although it feels odd the bosses have sooo much more health than main game ones but what ever. Some really messed up shit going on in the nightmare. Il just summon on bosses if I need to because I will no doubt replay this all down the line.

Ferr986

congrats dude!

Congrats!

I got headache because of him. mother fucker force me to level up atleast 10 time and put all point into VIT.

What a fantastic gif you posted there.

Congratz on beating the tutorial of the DLC!
No really it gets harder.

Congrats man!

Thanks guys. This made me feel like a Souls noob again.

Now, you guys that finished the DLC, how much harder it gets? lol

I.... I don't think my mind is gonna be able another +2 hour sessions for every boss lol

StewboaT_

started dlc with lvl 102 in NG+. Normal enemies are fine, hunters are tough and boss is tough too (just fought the first one and died in one minute). It's also important that your weapons are maxed. Enemies give a lot of echoes, so you can lvl at least 5-9 lvls before the boss.
Cool, thanks. I think I'll give it a shot then.

Aces&Eights

Well, I'm scared to death to try first boss solo. Anyone on ps4 wanna run with me? No one is answering my bell and I'm a chicken shit lol.

BeOneWithTheGun

Set to worldwide no password. Can set one if need be.

myco666

I.... I don't think my mind is gonna be able another +2 hour sessions for every boss lol

As for
Ludwig
I died once on NG. Same with two next ones but then came the last one and oh boy. It took me two hours and even then I barely managed the fight. I don't even want to think how it would be on NG++.

edit.
Im trying to fight the two in the well right now. Its horrible

Yeah that wasn't fun.
Use the 'pillar' or whatever it is to try block other one out for few seconds so that you can concentrate on the other.

Agram

The second boss is a joke. Every single enemy in that area is stronger than... that.
I kill most enemies with two hits but they kill me with one, two hits as well. Why is everything so unbalanced compared to the main game?

Well, I'm scared to death to try first boss solo. Anyone on ps4 wanna run with me? No one is answering my bell and I'm a chicken shit lol.

BeOneWithTheGun

Set to worldwide no password. Can set one if need be.

I can help my psn is dhruv_hanom.
Lets use a password since that'll allow us to coop without a level cap.

Ferr986

As for
Ludwig
I died once on NG. Same with two next ones but then came the last one and oh boy. It took me two hours and even then I barely managed the fight. I don't even want to think how it would be on NG++.

I really feel like crying right now lol

silva1991

The second boss is a joke. Every single enemy in that area is stronger than... that.
I kill most enemies with two hits but they kill me with one, two hits as well. Why is everything so unbalanced compared to the main game?

The second boss is just an appetite for the third one just like CE before Ebrietas

The first area is the hardest one to get through, the last has some challenging encounters though.
Boss: i died 0 times to the first and second, once to the third and optional , then 5+ times to the last boss which is pretty dam challenging .

Manu

I can't tell whether people who didn't even die once to the first boss are too good at the game, massively overleveled, or both.

Ferr986

Haha well just go foward and see how big walls the next bosses are. Hell the last boss might be even easier for you than it was for me if you stick with the NG++ that far.

Well yeah, now that I'm here I'm not gonna stop that easily.
As long as it's only the last boss the one hard as fuck I don't care wasting 3 more hours on him lol I just hope the rest don't take me this long.

The first area is the hardest one to get through, the last has some challenging encounters though.
Boss: i died 0 times to the first and second, once to the third and optional , then 5+ times to the last boss which is pretty dam challenging .

Had no problems with the area itself, didn't really die once. It was like a Chalice 5 run. Not sure if I explored it fully cause I only got 3 weapons there.

The boss was the one that made me kill myself lol

I guess it all boils down to memorizing the patterns to the point you are evading without even thinking.

Hypron

I've been retrieving good runes from chalice dungeons and farming echoes to raise my vitality to 50. I'm getting there, only 8 more levels to go. I hope going from <1300HP to >1600HP will prevent me from getting 1HKO'd haha

Soulflarz

Banned
I can't tell whether people who didn't even die once to the first boss are too good at the game, massively overleveled, or both.

first boss 2ez

tbh, whether or not you die to him will all depend on whether or not you can eat one energy blade and still do something, at least I assume.

God damn you
Ludwig
you were the worst. Those relentless, unpredictable long range combos were just destroying me. In the end I
beat him to his second phase by keeping him on the top most stairs, that way all of his swinging attacks missed me. His second form was super easy. I just stayed right in his grill and most of his attacks just missed me
Only took three tries.

Got the first boss down to 1/3 health only once. I go back and forth being patient and aggressive but I just can beat it. This is with a level 75 bloodtinge build. It's too ferocious to be constantly switching modes with the chikage. I'm switching to another character now. I'm pissed off though. lol. Wanted to do the dlc with this character.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I literally can't beat the first boss. I'm on NG+3, level 170ish, I literally can't beat him. I've never, ever felt so defeated in a Souls game before, and I've played all of them somewhat extensively. The thing is, I don't feel like I'm getting better at the fight. He just does impossible shit that kills me if I get an unlucky combo from the boss. Some of his attacks are illegible. I don't think it's a good boss fight =\ It feels like a mashup of other BB bosses. He's got the lunge from BSB, the charge from the Watchdog, the (totally bullshit) jump from Amygdala. AND THEN PHASE 2. Fuck, man. I'm so dejected. I legit don't think I can beat him and I've never felt that way in a Souls game before. May have to play on NG just to see all this DLC.

myco666

Well my stats were basically 30 Vit, 30 End and 50 Str on NG. Looking at the video of my fight it doesn't really look that I was too overleveled. Little bit maybe.

Anybody know how to get
the cell with the dude in open? I've read that the Harrowed Hunter shows up in the lighthouse but he isn't there.

Spoo

I tried the first boss again about another 30 times. Got him down to about 1/5th health, but I have to say, he's a complete chore to fight. Pretty much all the bosses in the main game always felt like they were really well designed to be challenging, but fair -- this one is heavy as hell on stunlocks, has moves which kill in one hit, and hit boxes that seem arbitrary at best. Visually, it's a cool fight, but mechanically it just isn't fun to do -- and I say this as someone who had to do many, many attempts on a bunch of different bosses in the main game. I was always excited to go back in and try again on them. Not so much with this one. It just isn't a fun fight, not when compared to the bosses of the main game.

edit: of course, this all stems from the fact that this character is NG+3. I imagine the difficulty is a lot better on NG, or NG+ like most of you are playing. I really, really wish they would have added in some kind of "mode" option, where you could select to play the expansion at the values set by NG, NG+, etc. I'd drop it down by 1 since this character just recently turned over to NG+3.

Akara

Banned
Speak to him before you fight Maria and at the cathedral with cathedral being the first step, after beating Maria at the second bonfire in fishing hamlet you'll see him again.and he'll give you le key.
Anybody know how to get
the cell with the dude in open? I've read that the Harrowed Hunter shows up in the lighthouse but he isn't there.

Top Bottom