• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

EmSeta

I LOVE the final area, the
Fishing Hamlet
. For those of us who always suspected that Bloodborne is loosely based on
Lovecraft's short story Shadow over Innsmouth
, Miyazaki pretty much confirms everything and completes the circle. Beautiful.

Side quest question. Where is the
third brain juice? I've tried retreading everywhere but I can't find it. Do you have to kill the npc at the boss gate?

Cocaloch

I LOVE the final area, the
Fishing Hamlet
. For those of us who always suspected that Bloodborne is loosely based on
Lovecraft's short story Dagon
, Miyazaki pretty much confirms everything and completes the circle. Beautiful.

Eh? I though that area was a call out to Shadows over Innsmouth instead. It's been a while since I've read that one, but I don't think it really has much to do with what's going on here.

Planning to purchase this tomorrow. I know it depends on how difficult the game is for someone, but about how many hours of content does this add to the game?

I'd say about 8 hours for your average player of souls games if you want to do everything.

Alucrid

Banned
some of this shit is brutal

PowerlessSnoopyDiplodocus.gif

Damn I missed the second location for
the Harrowed Hunter
...I did not see
him
at
the Research Hall...it seems he was near the big elevator
but I could swear there was nothing, and now that I've beaten the boss of that area I think I may have botched the quest for
Simon's Bowgun :/

On another note, does anyone know if Blood Dregs and Vermins stay in the inventory when you go to the next NG+ cycle?

Edzi

Uh... Just made it to the first boss
(Ludwig)
and got killed in one hit. I'm on NG++, lvl 183. Goddamn.

Just fired this up since platinuming the game back in the spring. On the title screen I'm getting game install incomplete, cannot load save data. What the fuck?
I had this issue too. Try deleting your save data(back it up first) and see if the game Will start. Go through the process of creating a new character and then exit out once you gain control of the character. Now put your old save back on the ps4 and see if it loads up.

I was thinking maybe the game data isn't actually finished installing until you're actually playing. And this causes a conflict with the patch installed. I reinstalled the game after I got an error message last week. If this doesn't work try doing it again without the patch installed. Delete the game data and reinstall without being online.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot what it was like to feel genuine horror in a Souls game prior to playing this DLC. I recently streamrolled Bloodborne on NG+, so I'm fairly overlevelled in the main game, but holy shit, Ludwig was terrifying. I think I can get him, but his second form ended me pretty quickly.

How much more is there after Ludwig? Is it as creative as the first chunk?

Wagram

Death 1 to L
aurence
. I think i'll leave this for tomorrow. I don't think I could pull a victory on this tonight.

Finally finished with everything. I think The Old Hunters is the best chunk of video game content I've ever played, no hyperbole. The areas, the atmosphere, the bosses, the enemies, the new weapons and armor... everything is awesome. I loved every second of it.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
The first boss is destroying my bumhole.

Even the helpful summon person couldn't get me through. WHere should I ring my bell? Had no luck right outside the entrance...

SRTtoZ

Should I not beat Vicar Amelia before installing the DLC? Or can I just come back to the skull at any point in the game after?

Doesn't matter, works either way. By the time the DLC ends it has end game difficulty so plan around that.

Laws00

Like literately

I really fucking forgot how to play this game.

I don't know what the hell happened. I need to get good again seriously wtf

So what is in (final location spoiler)
the bottom of the well in fishing hamlet? I had my sedatives at the ready after hearing the singing, but the shark monster fucks me up before I can explore

myco666

how the fuck are we supposed to approach
Laurance
in his second phase?????!!!

You might want to spoiler that. Here is a video of my strategy on him.

the bottom of the well in fishing hamlet? I had my sedatives at the ready after hearing the singing, but the shark monster fucks me up before I can explore

Only two of those fish monsters that give you new weapon if you kill them both. You can't get to other places from there and the singing comes from other place.

Maria's trick weapon drops from the 2nd shark monster that jumps down

Bah, didn't see myco666 had already answered. I should sleep... I've only had 4 hours in the last 48.

Yikes, I'm having a lot of trouble with the first boss in NG+. I'm level 100 and using +9 Sword with a couple level 14 gems I found in the normal game (never bothered with Chalice Dungeons).

Just seems like I cannot consistently avoid his jump attack where blood drips from the ceiling, I've tried dodging, running, jumping all at different times, and it still seems like it's down to pure luck, and then I'm chunked for 60% of my Health. Closest I've ever been is 10% but I also completely ran out of Blood Vials. Most attempts I'm dead before phase 2.

For that attack:
it's entirely predictable and easily dodgable once you learn the timing. For me it was one of those attacks I liked him to use because I could 100% avoid it and then do a ton of damage. What you do is run in a straight line once he goes up, then listen for the 'ticks' sound of his crawing. After about 1 full second of that sound just dodge and you will avoid his drop. It's the same amount of ticks sound every time so just listen for it and you'll get it.

Mutombo

goddamnit i suck, have to relearn the whole shebang again. my NG+ is at the blood starved beast, which is doable but I have to farm a whole lot of antidotes first cuz i aint got none, and I also started a new character but have seriously died four times already with the blood starved beast.

Some attacks are cheap yo.

Confidence is good.

Overconfident and you know how it goes.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
thanks.

Is the weapon bloodtinge?

Nope. A skill.

goddamnit i suck, have to relearn the whole shebang again. my NG+ is at the blood starved beast, which is doable but I have to farm a whole lot of antidotes first cuz i aint got none, and I also started a new character but have seriously died four times already with the blood starved beast.

Some attacks are cheap yo.

Confidence is good.

Overconfident and you know how it goes.

Pungent blood cocktails!

Mandelbo

1st boss
Wtf was that gigantic ass beam Ludwig does in his second phase that seems almost unavoidable? Like I had time to run away while he was holding his sword upright and charging but that bullshit still got me. Not the smaller aoe attack he does with his

To avoid that attack you have to stand behind him, since it basically hits everything in front of him.

Just asking again - do I need the yharnam stone at any point in this dlc? Haven't read through every page yet since I've just woken up.

Well damn, I didn't expect to beat
Orphan of Kos
at my second try. Now getting back to
Laurence
who kicked my ass yesterday.

Wonderful expansion to my GOTY 2015.

bryt

OMG, fuck
Ludwig
, after 4 hours I finally beat him. I decided to just not care and rush him down in the 2nd phase. I beat him the first try doing this instead of staying back and waiting for an opening.

I just received reply from Playasia about BLOODBORNE LIMITED EDITION:

1. The old hunter will be on DLC code
2. Manual / are book will be in Japanese 3

Ferr986

OMG, fuck
Ludwig
, after 4 hours I finally beat him. I decided to just not care and rush him down in the 2nd phase. I beat him the first try doing this instead of staying back and waiting for an opening.

Yeah, staying back for the 2nd phase is the worst you can do IMO. You have to deal with his proyectiles. Hugging him means the projectiles won't touch out, and it's just about avoiding swings (a lot of them will miss if you keep going to his back).

myco666

I'm on attempt 5 now beat the others on 2nd go this is the hardest one for me lol.

I found Orphan to be much much harder than Laurence. Orphan doesn't give a shit if you want to take a breather but with Laurence you have usually lot of time to breathe.

I found Orphan to be much much harder than Laurence. Orphan doesn't give a shit if you want to take a breather but with Laurence you have usually lot of time to breathe.

its weird different players have issues with diff bosses in the main game the hardest boss for me was
Ebrietas
and I got laughed at ...

TP-DK

I just started the dlc with my skill based character, but now Im wondering if I should make a new char instead, cause are there even any new skill weapons in the dlc?

Top Bottom