• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Soulflarz

Banned
Lore discussion hidden in the game to get people to come into the lore thread
so you guys haven't found yarham yet, have you ;)

Roussow

Hey guys, I purchased the dlc, it says it's installed by default, no download -- was it all in that most recent patch, did the purchase just activate it a la Destiny?

Persona7

Banned
Hey guys, I purchased the dlc, it says it's installed by default, no download -- was it all in that most recent patch, did the purchase just activate it a la Destiny?

Yes, the DLC is included in the latest update and the license activates and lets you access it.

its weird different players have issues with diff bosses in the main game the hardest boss for me was
Ebrietas
and I got laughed at ...
I think its a sign of good game design, different builds all have their own strengths and weaknesses. I steamrolled everything on NG+ except Blood Starved Beast, took me 5+ times. He's been the boss I've struggled with most even in chalice dungeon. A lot of other players deal with him no problem

myco666

its weird different players have issues with diff bosses in the main game the hardest boss for me was
Ebrietas
and I got laughed at ...

Really? That boss is considered to be hardest one in the main game.

I just started the dlc with my skill based character, but now Im wondering if I should make a new char instead, cause are there even any new skill weapons in the dlc?

There seems to be more Str weapons than Skill but there still is Skill weapons in the DLC.

Lore discussion hidden in the game to get people to come into the lore thread
so you guys haven't found yarham yet, have you ;)

Haven't found it yet but read your spoiler thread comment about it. Will be atleast stalking that thread.

I think its a sign of good game design, different builds all have their own strengths and weaknesses. I steamrolled everything on NG+ except Blood Starved Beast, took me 5+ times. He's been the boss I've struggled with most even in chalice dungeon. A lot of other players deal with him no problem
Exactly like I never had any issues with BSB but heard a lot of people talking about it
Really? That boss is considered to be hardest one in the main game.

There seems to be more Str weapons than Skill but there still is Skill weapons in the DLC.

Haven't found it yet but read your spoiler thread comment about it. Will be atleast stalking that thread.

my friends beat her easily but I got stuck there for quite sometime good ol noodle face

Soulflarz

Banned
Okay :3 It's in a pretty damn obtuse location

Anyways, has anyone besides Akara and I found the
Soul Arrow, OP version of Soul Arrow, or the ability to use Parasite Kos in a crazy second transformation
?

There :V Dropping more things to make people search all night :p

myco666

my friends beat her easily but I got stuck there for quite sometime good ol noodle face

That boss is way easier for certain builds easiest being BT build. Also having high Vit makes it way more manageable.

Okay :3 It's in a pretty damn obtuse location

Anyways, has anyone besides Akara and I found the
Soul Arrow, OP version of Soul Arrow, or the ability to use Parasite Kos in a crazy second transformation
?

There :V Dropping more things to make people search all night :p

I still need to get the new caryll rune to get Squid form. I missed bunch of stuff in the research hall.

I just woke up so I have all day to search haha.

Kensuke

Got the 100%, but there is one door that remains locked.

On the first floor of the Research Hall there is still a locked door. Right behind the guy looking for his eyes in the poisonous water.
Anyone managed to find the key?

Soulflarz

Banned
I still need to get the new caryll rune to get Squid form. I missed bunch of stuff in the research hall.

I just woke up so I have all day to search haha.

Boo
You know about it :<

But yeah, ENJOY
Got the 100%, but there is one door that remains locked.

On the first floor of the Research Hall there is still a locked door. Right behind the guy looking for his eyes in the poisonous water.
Anyone managed to find the key?

Like hell you 100%'d, you're missing two
spells
and a
transformation
:p

(the actual explanation for it is kind of long but sure I'll give it
stab some plip plips to get some items items and give item items to a plip plip and use the item item from the plip plip and go back to the plip plip then if you did it in the right order with the right plip plips youll get a transformation that makes you a squid squid and gives you a key key to open the door door for a spell spell and the right route for another one
)

any questions >__>

Kiyo

So I've been running around exploring a bit trying to find any boss and I finally found one. Is
Ludwig
the first boss you're supposed to meet in the DLC? If not, could anyone give me a hint as to where I should be going to get to the first boss? I already picked up the item from the chapel if that helps any.

Soulflarz

Banned
So I've been running around exploring a bit trying to find any boss and I finally found one. Is
Ludwig
the first boss you're supposed to meet in the DLC? If not, could anyone give me a hint as to where I should be going to get to the first boss? I already picked up the item from the chapel if that helps any.

Yes, it's linear.

Soulflarz

Banned
Spoiled it for me since I checked the Adeline questline requirements which I still don't fully understand since I can't give her more brain fluid.

Okay uh
Give a fluid get the blood from her. If she isn't giving blood, you still have the "blood of ____" from whomever, drink that, get hers, go to hunters dream, drink that blood, repeat and give the second one, go back drink blood etc. Eventually she wont be in the chair, stabby her and get the moonrune and the key to the new area

myco666

Okay uh
Give a fluid get the blood from her. If she isn't giving blood, you still have the "blood of ____" from whomever, drink that, get hers, go to hunters dream, drink that blood, repeat and give the second one, go back drink blood etc. Eventually she wont be in the chair, stabby her and get the moonrune and the key to the new area

Weird as I already did this but
she still doesn't let me give her more brain fluid.
Hmmm... need to check it out.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Damn this dlc was great. Way over leveled and still got rekt a few times
god damn sharkman things with harpoons
. So after (last boss)
kos
can you
talk to his ghost somehow
? I tried every special rune/
transformation

Also for the Confederate guy how many vermin do I need to give him and can I get whatever he would give me by killing him.

myco666

What? you mean
those two huge enemy monsters? because there are no npc invaders there O_O

Yup.
You need to kill both of them for the weapon.

edit.
Damn this dlc was great. Way over leveled and still got rekt a few times
god damn sharkman things with harpoons
. So after (last boss)
kos
can you
talk to his ghost somehow
? I tried every special rune/
transformation

Also for the Confederate guy how many vermin do I need to give him and can I get whatever he would give me by killing him.

Only thing you can do to that 'shadow' is to kill it. Or atleast it seems like there isn't any other way to interact with it.

Fuck yeah! I managed to beat ( DLC Third Boss Spoilers)
Maria without asking for help. I felt that the boss I had to use my lousy ass pistol, like I did with Gehrman just to do visceral attacks. I completely lucked out when she was back into the corner and I used my weak attack throughout the battle. OMG, fuck her flames on the third phase of the battle.

myco666

Great, and the second one doesn't even wait until I beat the first one.

It sure doesn't. I actually managed twice to kill the first one just as the second one was coming in. You just have to buff your shit and try to dish out lot of damage. Fighting in the open space seems to delay the second one a little bit.

edit. Oh you beat it already nevermind then lol.

Hanmik

Is it just me... or does the last boss get MUCH more aggresive if you fight him with the
Milkweed
rune equiped..?

It feels like he will never stop attacking you if you have the rune ...

Koobion

I finally beat the first boss in the DLC on NG4 or 5, level 160. I can't believe how much trouble I had. I've played through everything else in every other Souls game, multiple times, and this was the first time I've ever started to feel like I simply could not beat something with my current setup. Did that boss make anyone else feel that way? Granted, I didn't discover
the 2nd lantern
lol, until my last few attempts.

Edit: Also wondering if being on the 4th or 5th playthrough is making it tough. The rest of the game outside of the DLC is still laughably easy for me.

silva1991

It sure doesn't. I actually managed twice to kill the first one just as the second one was coming in. You just have to buff your shit and try to dish out lot of damage. Fighting in the open space seems to delay the second one a little bit.

edit. Oh you beat it already nevermind then lol.

It turn out to be a skill weapon as I expected/wanted. is Simon's bowblade a skill weapon too?

and where can I get the
beast helmet
? I didn't get a fifth invasion.

Ratrat

Since it seems quite a few people have finished it, how long to beat?

Is it bigger than ds1 dlc?
They said they combined 2 so Im expecting Sunken + Irong King amount of content.

Now my skills are slowly degrading on
Orphan of Kos
, just got wiped in 20 seconds

If anyone is down to help, I'm using the GAF password in the OP. By the fog wall

raven777

I just beat the second boss
forgot the name but one with many different bosses at once
. Can I go to
finishing hamlet place and get Rakuyo right now, or do I need to progress more and fight more bosses?

MMaRsu

Damn i want to play this so bad why did i have to buy the wrong region dlc now i gotta wait 1week+ to hear back from Sony :(((

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I just beat the second boss
forgot the name but one with many different bosses at once
. Can I go to
finishing hamlet place and get Rakuyo right now, or do I need to progress more and fight more bosses?

Open the door right in front of you and find out :^)

silva1991

Yes, S scaling on Skill and Bloodtinge at lvl10.

I hope I have enough materials to upgrade 2 weapons then.

They said they combined 2 so Im expecting Sunken + Irong King amount of content.

More content than AotA DLC. no it's not as big as 2 DaS2 DLCs combined.

that being said, this DLC adds to BloodBonre way way more than what Artorias's dlc adds to DaS1.

cheesekao

It's longer than AOTA from my experience. It has way more unique weapons and items as well as coolio boss fights.

MilkBeard

As of right now, almost all the main weapons in the DLC I like more than the base game. I've switched from maining the Ludwig Holy Sword to the
Moonlight Greatsword and Boom Hammer.
It's nice to have a variety of weapons depending on the need. There were enough materials around to get all of them up to respectable levels.

Top Bottom