• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

.that being said, this DLC adds to BloodBonre way way more than what Artorias's dlc adds to DaS1.
agreed. The number of weapons is impressive

I think Artorias of the Abyss had slightly better by bosses but that isn't a knock on Old Hunters, just acknowledging how amazing AotA was. The level design in Old Hunters is fantastic and all the areas are very distinctive and unique, even with some of the asset recycling in the first area.

Hanmik

has anyone tried beating the last boss with the
milkweed
rune equiped..? I feel like it will do something different. I fought him 5 times with the rune equiped and he felt ALOT more aggresive (I couldn't even get him to the second phase lol).
And because his weapon is related to that rune, there just might be something there. Will try again tonight,.

Melchiah

I made it that giant troll thing with a purple haze hammer, tried to fight it, got caught in a mouth tentacle grab attack, survived and then literally ran out of the DLC screaming what the fuck!!! My character is level 74 too, God damn.

I managed to get the mini-Cthulhu down to a third of HP with my 60lvl character, but got stuck in the scenery, which is my main gripe with the DLC so far. There's more dangerous and aggressive enemies, but less room to evade. I wonder what's a good tactic against the tentacled one?

The hunters are also pretty challenging, particularly the one with
Beast Claw
. I died there as well due to getting stuck in the scenery.

I'll be playing the main game a bit, and return to the DLC once I've levelled up.

BTW, I loved how the Beast Patients of Old Yharnam
shun when you face them, but sneak upon you when you turn your back on them.

Knuf

This DLC has reminded me of why I love bloodborne... I forgot how fun it is after all of these months

Yeah, this.
But is latest 1.07 patch that introduced so many bugs? Yesterday I started my NG playthrough, and for the first time ever I got BB crashing on me right after opening a door, and then when I got to the cleric beast, for a few moments I was stuck in a corner and I could only move backwards, no matter what direction I pushed on my DS4, and the beast didn't move at all in the meantime.
Nevertheless, this game is still soooooo good and fun to play, easily my GOTY, can't wait to reach the new areas!

Considering how they handle the AotA, Patch 1.07 isn't just a patch: it's actually the full dlc downloaded into your HDD. The DLC being sold on the store is just a key to access. FromSoft done DLC this way so it wouldn't split the community.

Oh, thanks for the explanation. But it's been months since I last played BB, I don't recall what version it was back then, I was wondering if it's latest patch that's a little buggy or if maybe there was some other patch released inbetween.

Shengar

Yeah, this.
But is latest 1.07 patch that introduced so many bugs? Yesterday I started my NG playthrough, and for the first time ever I got BB crashing on me right after opening a door, and then when I got to the cleric beast, for a few moments I was stuck in a corner and I could only move backwards, no matter what direction I pushed on my DS4, and the beast didn't move at all in the meantime.
Nevertheless, this game is still soooooo good and fun to play, easily my GOTY, can't wait to reach the new areas!

Considering how they handle the AotA, Patch 1.07 isn't just a patch: it's actually the full dlc downloaded into your HDD. The DLC being sold on the store is just a key to access. FromSoft done DLC this way so it wouldn't split the community.

klee123

After beating 3 bosses so far, I've came to a realization that the DLC is going to end soon.

I don't want this to end!

Really sad that this will be the only dlc.

Mutombo

Yeah, this.

I also had to shut it off because I jumped off a ledge, and got stuck on a bannister from which I couldn't get off.

Never had that before. Then again, didn't do much landing on bannisters in the first place when I last played it.

Mendrox

Yeah, this.

Eh? Never had such bugs...even no crashes since the release and I also played prepatch (before release) back then where the loading times were just horrible. :D

After beating 3 bosses so far, I've came to a realization that the DLC is going to end soon.

I don't want this to end!

Really sad that this will be the only dlc.
but Dark Souls III in March

Bg1mMFu.jpg

Having fun first time using a SKL character. Got BoM very early and I'm now rocking Reiterpallasch. Hopefully there is some cool SKL weapon in the expansion too.

myco666

Just beat M
aria
... Am I in fucking In
nsmouth
? This is amazing!

Yeah the game just turns the dial up on Lovecraft at that point. I seriously love it.

Got the final rune now.
Basically it turns this game to splatoon I guess.

EmSeta

Eh? I though that area was a call out to Shadows over Innsmouth instead. It's been a while since I've read that one, but I don't think it really has much to do with what's going on here.

Oh, got the names backwards, you're right. Dagon is the B-Movie based on SoI. Post edited.

Flipside

I played Bloodborne and defeated all the bosses except for the final boss. I tried him a few times, started playing other games and never got back to it. It's been months now :( The DLC looks awesome though.

Would you recommend beating the final boss first and then getting the DLC or should I play the DLC in NG, beat the final regular boss and then start NG+?

Drencrom

Jesus fucking christ, the first boss (
Acursed Ludwig
) is abosulety stomping my ass and chewing out my balls

I'm level 93 and use the saw spear, am I just underleveled or do I need to "git good" or summon some cooperators?

myco666

I played Bloodborne and defeated all the bosses except for the final boss. I tried him a few times, started playing other games and never got back to it. It's been months now :( The DLC looks awesome though.

Would you recommend beating the final boss first and then getting the DLC or should I play the DLC in NG, beat the final regular boss and then start NG+?

Since you can't go back from NG+ I would say try the DLC in NG before going into NG+. If DLC feels too easy on NG then go to NG+.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Acursed Ludwig

I'm level 93 and use the saw spear, am I just underleveled or do I need to "git good" or summon some cooperators?

If you're on NG and have a +10 weapon, there's not much you can do. He just has a fuckton of HP and is super hard. I've never struggled as much on a Souls boss as this guy.

Wow, just took down L and cleared the cave. (lvl 100 ng+)
I'm four hours in, every encounter is dangerous, this is going to be one hell of a ride.

myco666

So is it as good as Vanilla game?

It is. Some stuff is even better and considering the amount of new weapons it is well worth it.

This squid stuff is seriously hilarious. I am definetily going to do a build around it. Also those new hunter tools are pretty great.

Jobbs

Banned
I know how long something takes in Bloodborne varies wildly depending on how much you die or fuck around, but generally how long is the DLC content, especially in comparison to the normal game?

Drencrom

WHAT THE FUUUUCK

The first boss
transformation
was the hypest shit ever but then I got
completely destroyed by that sword swing projectile combo

Amazing boss, but how am I ever supposed to beat this goddamn asshole lol

silva1991

Orphan of Kos
is annoying ........ and awesome lol. I'm starting to get the hang of it. parry all day baby. I wonder if I can get his weapon?

Mandelbo

Acursed Ludwig

I did the boss solo using a maxed out saw spear at level 74, but I got really lucky with visceral attacks - summoning would be a good idea.

Ratrat

I hope I have enough materials to upgrade 2 weapons then.

More content than AotA DLC. no it's not as big as 2 DaS2 DLCs combined.

that being said, this DLC adds to BloodBonre way way more than what Artorias's dlc adds to DaS1.

hmmm...
bit pricey then. This is $20 right? Wasnt AotA $15 and DS2 dlc $8? Still getting it, wish it was longer though.

myco666

I know how long something takes in Bloodborne varies wildly depending on how much you die or fuck around, but generally how long is the DLC content, especially in comparison to the normal game?

About 3-5hours minimium to see all the content it has. Minimium as in you don't die at all. If you compare that to how main game can be beaten without rushing in around 8 hours it is pretty meaty expansion.

Orphan of Kos
is annoying ........ and awesome lol. I'm starting to get the hang of it. parry all day baby. I wonder if I can get his weapon?

You can't. It is disappointing but you get something even better.

edit.

hmmm...
bit pricey then. This is $20 right? Wasnt AotA $15 and DS2 dlc $8? Still getting it, wish it was longer though.

It is well worth it if you are like me and want to do dedicated builds around weapons as there are bunch of new cool weapons. Lots of replay value added to the game with this.

Ferr986

WHAT THE FUUUUCK

The first boss
transformation
was the hypest shit ever but then I got
completely destroyed by that sword swing projectile combo

Amazing boss, but how am I ever supposed to beat this goddamn asshole lol

hug him, proyectiles don't reach you if you're near him. After that is a matter of evade his swings and run away when he does AoEs.

Oswen

Finished the DLC, was a fun ride.
I also liked all the lore tidbits they gave us, especially regarding the new bosses.

Now to wait for DS3.

polychron

Anyone around who can give me a hand with
The orphan
? He's really handing it to me at Level 74, could use someone to help me take the heat...

Did anyone try
making contact with the shadow
after the final boss?
I tried it in front of the corpse but thought I might have needed to be closer after I killed it.

Also fuck this optional boss.

LOOOOL, i just spent ages trying to figure out why the
Shell
falls down in the first area, i looked around for ages for patches or some shit and then realized
Fishing hamlet is directly above this area
, so ofcourse it would fall down

silva1991

LOOOOL, i just spent ages trying to figure out why the
Shell
falls down in the first area, i looked around for ages for patches or some shit and then realized
Fishing hamlet is directly above this area
, so ofcourse it would fall down

Yup.
you can see Yharnam from that area when you look at the see. at first I thought it was a reflection , bu then i realized what's going on when I first encountered shell monsters.

My god, I hate this game. Found a new weapon but I don't have blood stone chunks. I'm not doing the boring dungeons to farm them so this weapon is totally useless, right? Pretty much every new weapon is useless if you don't own enough (rare) materials.

This design decision is pure garbage.

Top Bottom