• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

myco666

My god, I hate this game. Found a new weapon but I don't have blood stone chunks. I'm not doing the boring dungeons to farm them so this weapon is totally useless, right? Pretty much every new weapon is useless if you don't own enough (rare) materials.

This design decision is pure garbage.

I am sitting with like 20 chunks after using everything from the main game and upgrading one new DLC weapon to +9. There are bunch of chunks in the DLC.

Hypron

I just got to M
aria
. Damn that
lady
ain't kidding around. The way she slowly walks towards you is pretty damn menacing too.

Edit 1:
She seems to be very easy to stunlock though, that kinda takes away from the fight :/

Edit 2: Dammmmn that second phase though

cheesekao

I'm maybe 1/4 through the main game on NG+
I used the chunks to upgrade my Sword to +10 in my first playthrough.
You get enough chunks to upgrade one weapon to +10 and another to +9 in one playthrough. The DLC has enough to upgrade another to +9 and still have leftovers and there's also a blood rock.

myco666

I'm maybe 1/4 through the main game on NG+
I used the chunks to upgrade my Sword to +10 in my first playthrough.

I meant that I had already used all chunks prior to DLC. You get like 30 chunks from the DLC. It would be stupid to not give new upgrade materials when you give players 10+ new weapons.

Hypron

Anyone else on NG++ getting wrecked? Ludwig is one shotting me every time. Any tips?

Increase your health by putting more points in vitality and/or using the clockwise metamorphosis runes. The DLC seems to be geared towards characters with a ton of HP on NG+ and beyond.

Anyone else on NG++ getting wrecked? Ludwig is one shotting me every time. Any tips?

I'm getting wrecked too on NG++, managed to get him down to 1/3rd health. Not getting 1 shotted unless he roof drops on my ass.

Thought I had a lucky break getting 2 co-op'ers with me, but they got wrecked quicker than me ;(

My god, I hate this game. Found a new weapon but I don't have blood stone chunks. I'm not doing the boring dungeons to farm them so this weapon is totally useless, right? Pretty much every new weapon is useless if you don't own enough (rare) materials.

This design decision is pure garbage.

If you want a Blood Rock (you'll need it to upgrade +9 to +10): enter jrwffkyp for a chalice with one in it. It's in the very first secondary area (took me 5min to get it).
Courtesy of Thanatos6293 from gamefaqs

Also, if you have any good chalice with good stuff in it, please share x)

Kolx

how can people try most of the weapons in the game in just 2-3 walkthroughts? I find it very hard to farm blood stones to upgrade my weapons which forced me to stick to 2-3 weapons only :\

Is farming blood stones much easier in the DLC than in the main game?

I just got to M
aria
. Damn that
lady
ain't kidding around. The way she slowly walks towards you is pretty damn menacing too.

She seems to be very easy to stunlock though, that kinda takes away from the fight :/

True, you can take half her health with two well-timed flurries. I used an untransformed LHB. Her second phase is no joke tho.

I meant that I had already used all chunks prior to DLC. You get like 30 chunks from the DLC. It would be stupid to not give new upgrade materials when you give players 10+ new weapons.

Oh, 30 chunks? Wow...I need them for
Ludwig
:p

If you want a Blood Rock (you'll need it to upgrade +9 to +10): enter jrwffkyp for a chalice with one in it. It's in the very first secondary area (took me 5min to get it).
Courtesy of Thanatos6293 from gamefaqs

Also, if you have any good chalice with good stuff in it, please share x)

Thank you! :)

myco666

how can people try most of the weapons in the game in just 2-3 walkthroughts? I find it very hard to farm blood stones to upgrade my weapons which forced me to stick to 2-3 weapons only :\

Is farming blood stones much easier in the DLC than in the main game?

Well you can try weapons without upgrading them to max. You can get all weapons to +6 with ease and then you can just go to earlier areas and try how it compares.

I don't think there is a way to farm upgrade materials in the DLC. Didn't get any drops from enemies.

edit.

Oh, 30 chunks? Wow...I need them for
Ludwig
:p

Okay just checked it is not 30. I have 18 now and I've used 8 so 26 chunks. You also get bunch of insight that you can use to buy them.

M
aria
is badass but
extremely easy to parry, ngl on my second attempt I got like 5 or 6 parris in a row. Her windups are super obvious which helps a lot. I still loved the fight, fighting other hunters is the best.

Hypron

True, you can take half her health with two well-timed flurries. I used an untransformed LHB. Her second phase is no joke tho.

Yeah I just beat her, I was also using Ludwig's blade. The second/third phase didn't really change the fight that much, they just gave her more range and a lot more damage (and made her a lot more intimidating), but after dodging I could still stun lock her. She has a decent amount of health on NG+3 so it's still a challenging fight. But I reckon Gehrman is still harder because he's got a lot of hyper armour in his second phase.

Ferr986

Took me almost 2 hours to get him yesterday with a 130 character on NG++. I had 50 VIT+Chalices runes so luckily there was nothing one shotting me, but some attacks are near 1hitKO like the jump.

Ok doing pretty good today

Second boss down on second go, same with third. Much easier to work out how to fight than
ludwig

On 4th boss now and died twice. Seems like a big dodge fest though. Got him to second phase on first go. Found blood rock so gonna lvl new weapon to 10, farm some health vials and get back at it. I'm using beasthunter said and really like its flexibility and move set.

Soriku

She has flashy attacks in her second phase but you can still dodge most, especially if you're using Old Hunter Bone. Just gotcha watch out for her range (both phases). It is pretty damn easy to stunlock her.

BTW anyway tips for flame Cleric Beast? Really powerful, lots of HP, huge range. What do?

mmhmmm

I'll reflect back to your advice once I'm being torn apart by whatever's in the well :p

Let me put it this way. It's going to be like Two girls one cup, where you are the cup

She has flashy attacks in her second phase but you can still dodge most, especially if you're using Old Hunter Bone. Just gotcha watch out for her range (both phases). It is pretty damn easy to stunlock her.

BTW anyway tips for flame Cleric Beast? Really powerful, lots of HP, huge range. What do?

I ran from one side to another occasionally taking pot shots
For the second phase, get up close, dodge whenever he swipes

idonteven

storafötter;186731636 said:
Yeah thats true for most bosses but I am way too impatient and always make a mistep which kills me. I still struggle with his second form.

i found the second form much easier than his first for some reason

i found the second form much easier than his first for some reason

The irony is that when I first got to the second form I almost defeated him. Every time afterwards? I die early. I have a weird thing of doing really good then terribly for like 50 tries before I actually do it proper.

You get a lot more space on his second form, but it is easy to screw it up if you dont time things right. I hope today is the day I defeat him. Need to evade more and hit less.

If I get impatient I can cheese him with stacked stamina/HP runes which I avoid to use so that the game gets much easier.

So, I wanted to farm some souls for my Ng+ character to level up my strength.
the saw
has an A scale.

The "normal" game is so damn easy compared to the DLC, it's not even funny. Every boss first try. I'm running through this game. This doesn't make any sense. The difficulty of the DLC is fucked up (imo!).

what's the best place to level up past rom? level 50 is definitely too low for the DLC :(

The lamp after the Wet Nurse is a good place to go. The Shadows drop a ton of echoes, plus the three pigs. If you have the right runes equipped you should be looking a lot of echoes with each run through.

Hypron

The lamp after the Wet Nurse is a good place to go. The Shadows drop a ton of echoes, plus the three pigs. If you have the right runes equipped you should be looking a lot of echoes with each run through.

Yeah that's probably the best place outside of deep chalice dungeons (I did one today where even a spider would drop 18k echo for ex.).

Any tips for Ludwig phase 2? I'm doing this boss at SL4 and while I've got phase 1 locked down tight, I just can't seem to find the openings in phase 2 without triggering him to do the close range quick swipes that always nail me :(

raven777

Finally beat
Maria
!!! It was quite difficult to get the parrying timing right later on. Wasted over 150 silver bullets lol.

It was one of the best fights I had in the entire game. Loved everything about it.

Feeling like making a new strength character. The boom hammer and chainsaw look way too hype

Anyone try out the Bloodletter? Don't have enough bloodtinge on this dude but I looked up the moveset and it looks gruesome as fuck

Top Bottom