• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

About those 2 giant fish in the well. I've managed to kill the one without weapon, he gave me
a weapon
. But the other fucker killed me... Does the giant with the weapon drop something ? I don't really want to go back in this shit :/

L
udwig
and L
iving Failures
health are fine imo
M
aria
needs a bit more tho

I like the fact M is squishy since well yeah
Shes a dead person?
, probably not gonna be the most tank boss

About those 2 giant fish in the well. I've managed to kill the one without weapon, he gave me
a weapon
. But the other fucker killed me... Does the giant with the weapon drop something ? I don't really want to go back in this shit :/

Nice, no he just makes the other guy drop down.

silva1991

Usually i'd offer some advice, but the best i can give right now is focus on learning phase 1, so you can use 20 blood vials in phase 2 :p

Already learned that lol.

His jumping smash attack is the main move you want to dodge and punish. You can also parry some of his melee moves (look for windups). Play defense until he gives you those

He react to fast after his jump attacks though. I need like to hit him in one second before he goes berserk again.

Facism

Co-op is just busted in the dlc. I've lost 50 insight just attempting to beckon people. The game is supposed to refund your insight if you cancel, but it's not happening.

The bosses having bullshit hp and dmg on ng+ isn't helping matters

Co-op is just busted in the dlc. I've lost 50 insight just attempting to beckon people. The game is supposed to refund your insight if you cancel, but it's not happening.

The bosses having bullshit hp and dmg on ng+ isn't helping matters
Hmmm...
I am not having this issue. If i ring for help, and no-one comes, and I fight a boss solo, and die... I get my insight back.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Stupid question, so I lent my copy of Bloodborne to a friend who lost his work visa so he had to leave the us quickly. Can I play the dlc with my install and saved game? Or do I pay for the got bundle?

If I summon the ai-controlled coop partner and they die, will they be gone forever? Cus I want to summon one but I am afraid they'll die and never return.

cheesekao

L
udwig
and L
iving Failures
health are fine imo
M
aria
needs a bit more tho
M needs to have higher stagger resistance, be less of a parry bait and have armor during her transformations. Parrying M constantly makes the boss less fun so I wouldn't reccomend doing that.

Stupid question, so I lent my copy of Bloodborne to a friend who lost his work visa so he had to leave the us quickly. Can I play the dlc with my install and saved game? Or do I pay for the got bundle?
You can't play the DLC without the disc.

L
udwig
and L
iving Failures
health are fine imo
M
aria
needs a bit more tho

Really? I'm curious what level you started the DLC at. How upgraded was your weapon? Any special gems? I found their health disproportionate to the amount of souls they give. I started the DLC immediately after killing Rom at level 66 with a +6 weapon which is roughly what Sony/From recommends. If I progressed in the main game to the point where I had a +9 or 10 weapon, which is what I feel like their health is balanced for, I'd be ~20 levels over the recommended. Agree that
Living Failures
was fine though.

myco666

Considering there is a trophy for it yes. And I can confirm you can get all in one run.

31 vit
20 end
30 str
10 skl
8 bt
6 arc

Used the hunters axe at +5 untill I got Whirligig.

Last boss
orphan of Kos took ages and his moveset even at the end seemed a little unpredictable he could cancel two of his combos into other moves which made dodging a pain. Think it was his whirlwind swirl? cancels into a forward smash that would one shot me if it was a counter hit D:

Good job on beating him on those stats! I had way higher damage stats so I got his health down faster than you but it still took me almost two hours to beat.

Arjen

I had to turn it in after a few hours of attempts. It's bruuutal. But a very cool boss. The 2nd phase is just batshit insane and where my whole run will just crumble

I think I lack the reflexes for this fight. Hardest boss in the souls series for me.

Really? I'm curious what level you started the DLC at. How upgraded was your weapon? Any special gems? I found their health disproportionate to the amount of souls they give. I started the DLC immediately after killing Rom at level 66 with a +6 weapon which is roughly what Sony/From recommends. If I progressed in the main game to the point where I had a +9 or 10 weapon, which is what I feel like their health is balanced for, I'd be ~20 levels over the recommended. Agree that
Living Failures
was fine though.

Lvl 134 NG+ I used LHB +10 and Burial Blade +9, before the dlc I just pumped a lot of echoes into Arcane so I could the MLHB. Using cursed gems, cant remember exactly which ones tho. It wasn't a cake walk. Still the hardest boss in the game. I'm not sure what the recce lvl for ng+ is, I think I saw 115 or 120. I was still getting killed in 2-5 hits depending on the attk

Ferr986

There are precedents with Capra Demon,
Lost Sinner
and Shrine of Amana, so it's very possible.

Still didn't fight a single boss in the DLC, but from what I've been reading, sounds like an HP nerf for one of the bosses would be welcomed even by people who didn't have trouble with it.

This one hurted. Lost Sinner was fine pre-nerf. Amana was a tad crazy though.

Big L was way harder than Lost Sinner, but I still don't think they should nerf his HP, even if I think it's a tad too high for what it should be. Or atleast, touch it very slightly. Lost Sinner was nerfed as fuck.

Beat the first boss last night and then stopped for the night. I'm really loving this so far; I really missed playing this game, and desperately needed a break from Fallout, haha.

Despera

Banned
Be careful when crushing vermin. I crushed mutliple vermin at once and it counted as crushing only 1 on the leaderboard (but still got the head piece from Valtr which is all I care about really).

God damnit, that beast hunter in the first area... This game, always making you think that the next time will be so much smoother. Tips anyone?

Be careful when crushing vermin. I crushed mutliple vermin at once and it counted as crushing only 1 on the leaderboard (but still got the head piece from Valtr which is all I care about really).

Where can you see this leaderboard ? I've join the league, and got some vermin but I didn't use any of it yet

Speaking of Vermin, I've picked up two in the DLC, but I've haven't even been to the Forbidden Woods yet. I'm definitely not in The League and definitely don't have the rune. Should I be getting these?

Sullichin

Slowly making my way through the DLC. I'm either in NG+ or ++.. i don't even remember. Beat the first boss last night. Got my shit kicked in a few times, but the first time I made it
to his second phase
I beat him. Had a great feeling of "oh yeah that's how you play this fucking game" after not playing this in a while.

Facism

Going to leave lauwanker. Dude just warped to me midcombo and 1 hit killed me. This isn't fun or challenging, just cheap and frustrating

burgerdog

How did you get Simon's Bowblade on a level 60 character to use against the first boss?

That means this is NG+ with a character only at level 60?

Kill the npc at the first shortcut.

toastyToast said:
He killed the guy who would have willingly gave it to him later on

Pfft, I wasn't going to wait until 75% of the dlc was over to play with the weapon that I had my sights on before the dlc came out.

Despera

Banned
Where can you see this leaderboard ? I've join the league, and got some vermin but I didn't use any of it yet
Speaking of Vermin, I've picked up two in the DLC, but I've haven't even been to the Forbidden Woods yet. I'm definitely not in The League and definitely don't have the rune. Should I be getting these?
After consuming 1 vermin, speak with Valtr in the forbidden woods and he will give you the league staff (an item you use to view the leadboard) and a new gesture. After crushing a total of 5 vermin speak to him and he will say something about leaving, exit the game and reload and you'll find that he left his helmet where he used to stand. Once Valtr ia gone, you'll find an enemy hunter waiting for you outside. Kill him and he'll drop the madara whistle.

Damn... Don't kill A
deline
to get the balcony key... Or at least finish her side quest, you can get a
rune that can transform you
I've killed her and have to wait a NG to get this :/

After consuming 1 vermin, speak with Valtr in the forbidden woods and he will give you the league staff (an item you use to view the leadboard) and a new gesture. After crushing a total of 5 vermin speak to him and he will say something about leaving, exit the game and reload and you'll find that he left his helmet where he used to stand. Once Valtr ia gone, you'll find an enemy hunter waiting for you outside. Kill him and he'll drop the madara whistle.

thanks

myco666

Damn... Don't kill A
deline
to get the balcony key... Or at least finish her side quest, you can get a
rune that can transform you
I've killed her and have to wait a NG to get this :/

thanks

Squid form with Kos parasite is hilarious shit. Your dash is changed to stupid wobbling and roll is fat roll.

Hanmik

The
women
? That's where I put it down last night. Tried a few times and repeatedly got slayed, even after trying to sneak up on the one using Blue Elixer (which didn't work at all).

just make the one with the sword chase you down the stairs..

or use a Shaman Bone on one of them..

or battle the one with the sword in the middle between the beds, then it's easier to dodge the shots from the other hunter.

Top Bottom