• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Finally beat optional boss
Laurence.
I really loved this DLC, the setting, the new weapons and runes, it is great. Whirligig is even more fun than I thought it would be and the whole final area is a spectacular Lovecraftian adventure that I wish didn't end.

My two favourite bosses
Maria and Orphan of Kos
were some of the smoothest for me to beat,
I say smoothest instead of easiest because I did not die to Maria and only died once to Orphan but felt very skilful by parrying them consistently.

Also, a side note, for anyone trying to find the Old Hunter set's trousers:
follow the path you take the first time into the Hunter's Nightmare, after the two dogs attack, fight the hunter that yells about old blood, then drop down onto a ledge behind him.

VinFTW

Attempts on
Ludwig
to kill:

NG+10/11 char: 8
NG+2 char: 1
Fresh run: 1

All in all, he's a different beast at higher levels of NG+.

Nearly all but 1 or 2 abilities in each phase 1 shot you.

Pretty shitty/cheap NG+++++++++++ design but man, aesthetically and lore wise (music, voice acting, visuals, phases, etc) its one of the best bosses in all of Souls.

Now that I have all my characters caught up I hope the rest of the DLC can live up to that fight.

Grimløck;186808718 said:
is it night time? i think that's when she shows up.

How do I know when that is specifically? It seems like its night time and there's a full moon in the sky

Edit: I see on a youtube video, the sky is reddish when he talks to Eileen in the cathedral ward, should I continue on with the story? Maybe fight the witches first and she'll show up?

Also, I have the shake off cape gesture, so I definitely met her the first time...

Ceravic

Exactly right - depending on your playstyle, some bosses are easier than easier for certain people. I'm an aggressive player, so bosses like Kos and Laurence who demand patience push me, similar to Flamelurker in Demon, or the triplets in Dark Souls 2.

Overall though, highly rate the DLC. length may be lacking, but content wise, we got plenty of new weapon, a ton of new lore to pour over, and quite a few viable builds as well. PVP and chalice over the next few months is going to be excellent! Right after I finish Dark Souls again that is - I've got this weird hankering for it now...

I'm the same way. Those bosses you listed are the same bosses that stopped me in my tracks. Actually having the patience to take down Flamelurker was one of the most intense fights I've ever had in any Souls game.

I just did full all bosses/DLC runs of Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2: SotFS, and Bloodborne before The Old Hunters came out so all I have left is to do another Demon's Souls run. I'll probably save that for right before Dark Souls 3 though.

Grimløck;186809474 said:
yeah, sounds like it's night time then. sorry can't be more helpful.

you should try opening the gate with the key then and see if that changes anything.

I just checked, looks like I already opened the gate from the other side, so all the gates are open, not sure why she's missing...

At least lvl 65+ for NG, around 100-130+ for NG+, maxed weapon with good gems. Something like this.

Thanks a lot! Very close to how I imagined. I think I'll start with my NG+ character around lvl 60. Actually pretty scared going in hearing how difficult this is compared to the main game.

So I never figured how to summon NPC, or how to get back to the DLC location once returning to the hub. I must be missing something obvious.

deoee

Someone willing to help me with the first boss?
I've beaten him tiwce as a helping hand but seem to have no luck by myself :-/

Currently I'm in front of him, can set the password if someone's here.
I'm from germany

HORRORSHØW

I am level 110, in NG+
Will I survive this? Should I try to level in the NG+ (last I played, I incidentally had _just_ defeated Vicar Amelia)
i struggled a bit at 130 on ng+ when i first started. the first boss especially kicked my ass. but i haven't played bloodborne in about 5 months. things got easier the more i played.

Aceofspades

Banned
I'm lvl 145 but dlc is very unforgiving, those red eyed hunters are kicking my ass. also my health gets halved with one or two hits easily! My vitality is 47. should it be more than that?

Moving a bit from the DLC, I'm level 112 and want to run a quick & easy boss to get a vermin, what boss is going to be my best chance of getting summoned into?

Edit: I only need 1 more vermin so only need to be summoned in for one boss.

Curufinwe

I got to the NPC who talks about secrets, and there's a big door nearby that I assume has a boss behind it. But I'm nowhere near the starting lamp.

Is there a shortcut or another lamp near here?

Second lantern in Fishing Hamlet
I saw something moving when I got there and just whacked him. I don't think I missed anything important doing that. It was his own fault too, spooking me when I'd been running away from anchor fish asshole giant.

Way dumber thing I did was kill the NPC in the clock tower. A sign on the floor told me to do it for a cool item (ノ;≡ω≡)ノ

Also after beating
Maria
I didn't get whatever she was supposed to drop. A rune I think.

I saw something moving when I got there and just whacked him. I don't think I missed anything important doing that. It was his own fault too, spooking me when I'd been running away from anchor fish asshole giant.

Way dumber thing I did was kill the NPC in the clock tower. A sign on the floor told me to do it for a cool item (ノ;≡ω≡)ノ

Also after beating
Maria

Maria only drops the item needed to proceed to the next area

Also after beating
Maria
I made both the same exact mistakes LOL. You don't miss out on anything other than dialogue with Simon, but yeah u miss out on a rune with the other NPC, which also means you can't use one of the DLC weapons unfortunately (and also miss out on a hunter tool)....

Guys, are there any DLC armours/weapons/items/whatever that can be permanently missed or locked out beyond a certain point, or through certain actions/omissions? i.e. I'd have to go through the DLC again on the next game+.

No spoilers, please and thank you!

So I just tried to kill the NPC that you see
walking around talking about stuff right before the Fishing Hamlet
, and he can't die? Is this the first time an NPC can't be killed in a souls game? I never really try to kill all "friendly" NPC's in souls games so I'm not sure, but I always thought you could no matter what.

So, I need some help for the Eileen the Crow sidequest. I'm pretty sure I met her the first time, but that was before I started back up to do the DLC so its been a while. I don't think I talked to her the second time near cathedral ward and she isn't there now.

Do I need to open the hunter emblem gate for her to appear? I already beat Amelia without ever opening that gate.

The Oedon Tomb lamp is still choosable, so that means the fight isn't going on...

Any suggestions?

she might be gone if you killed amelia. Did you go to the woods? If not, try and unlock gate with key from messenger bath and unlock both shorcut gate levers. Then run down to cathedral ward she is right outside the door near the fence and a bench

mellow

yes

I missed a chest piece due to killing a NPC before collecting all of his items.

Brandor
? because I thought I'd collected all of his items too so I
killed him, turns out I'd missed his chest piece..but I found it in the fishing hamlet, I imagine it was in the spot he was supposed to invade

Brandor
? because I thought I'd collected all of his items too so I
killed him, turns out I'd missed his chest piece..but I found it in the fishing hamlet, I imagine it was in the spot he was supposed to invade
yes.

I'll have to run back and check. I hope you're right! Thanks

gogosox82

How do I know when that is specifically? It seems like its night time and there's a full moon in the sky

Edit: I see on a youtube video, the sky is reddish when he talks to Eileen in the cathedral ward, should I continue on with the story? Maybe fight the witches first and she'll show up?

Also, I have the shake off cape gesture, so I definitely met her the first time...

Are both gates open? I don't think she shows up unless both gates are open and its at night.

Top Bottom