• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Anung

Un Rama
The second and third DLC areas are so amazing. The second is like Latria 2.0 but the third is my favorite. So goddamn amazing.

Persona7

Banned
What's up win the summoning. I can be summoned no problem but can't ever get anyone to join my game anymore

I don't get it either. I can join someones game or invade within seconds but I have been sitting here for 32 minutes trying to summon someone into my game. Nothing.

Game4life

Banned
Yes! Reached
Ludwig
yesterday and got my ass whooped. Tried again today after work and finally got that piece of shit!

Attempts on
Ludwig
to kill:

NG+10/11 char: 8
NG+2 char: 1
Fresh run: 1

All in all, he's a different beast at higher levels of NG+.

Nearly all but 1 or 2 abilities in each phase 1 shot you.

Pretty shitty/cheap NG+++++++++++ design but man, aesthetically and lore wise (music, voice acting, visuals, phases, etc) its one of the best bosses in all of Souls.

Now that I have all my characters caught up I hope the rest of the DLC can live up to that fight.

Yeah he is deadly even in my NG+ run. I can only imagine NG++.... The problem is for the first time in the game the framerate has actually interfered with my ability to defeat the boss quickly. Still he is one of the most challenging bosses I have faced in a Souls game and like you said that music, voice acting, visuals and phases are out of this world. It is a great boss hampered by poor scaling and framerate. Extremely memorable though!

konjak

Hah, did they change Logarius? Every time he drops the sword that launches a storm of swords, it always starts by firing one straight at you now. So, if you just shoot it right away a sword will definitely hit you as you do.

I might just have not done it immediately before, but it would be a fun, evil change for those that knew you could shoot it if it's new.

TitusTroy

the 3rd and final phase of that
Lady Maria
fight is ridiculous and annoying...I can always get her down to around 20% health but then that 3rd phase is brutal...her hits take a huge chunk of health and I can barely get any swings in as she seems to stun me...any tips for the final part of that fight?

VinFTW

Yes! Reached
Ludwig
yesterday and got my ass whooped. Tried again today after work and finally got that piece of shit!

Yeah he is deadly even in my NG+ run. I can only imagine NG++.... The problem is for the first time in the game the framerate has actually interfered with my ability to defeat the boss quickly. Still he is one of the most challenging bosses I have faced in a Souls game and like you said that music, voice acting, visuals and phases are out of this world. It is a great boss hampered by poor scaling and framerate. Extremely memorable though!
Yeah...

What in GODS name is up with the framerate? Glad it wasn't just me but damn From :/

It's rough, especially combined with input buffering.

I don't get it either. I can join someones game or invade within seconds but I have been sitting here for 32 minutes trying to summon someone into my game. Nothing.

Same, I'm thinking there are not a lot of confederates seeking to help out there, as I got much more traffic in other covenants and with using no rune.

Though the last guy I summoned for
OoK
just dodged around while I did 95% of the damage and took just as much. Still beat him because at least he had someone else to target, but man that was a bummer of a co-op partner.

anyone else find the new NPC hunters almost useless in boss fights?

I think they're tuned for NG, because Valtr is a straight up god in the
Ludwig
fight. My brother was just fighting him as a low level character and had Valtr, and dude saved him multiple times from killing blows with a stagger. He also Visceral Attacked the boss TWICE. I should also mention the second VA Valtr did also killed the boss in a supremely swag finish. He's clutch as fuck.

I think they're tuned for NG, because Valtr is a straight up god in the
Ludwig
fight. My brother was just fighting him as a low level character and had Valtr, and dude saved him multiple times from killing blows with a stagger. He also Visceral Attacked the boss TWICE. I should also mention the second VA Valtr did also killed the boss in a supremely swag finish. He's clutch as fuck.
How do you get Valtr for
Ludwig
?!

JudgeN

I can't do it, i can't kill
Laurence

I'm on NG++ lvl 130 and i just can't kill it, been trying for 5 hours and no one coops here, Fuck.

KRaZyAmmo

just got to
Orphan of Kos
. I can somewhat get him to his second phase but I can't keep track of him or hit him. I keep whiffing.

Afrocious

Ludwig
is easily the hardest boss I've fought in a Souls game, but I will say I did feel like I was progressing. I ended up getting help though.

I think I'll try him again with a newer character that isn't on NG++.

Just got to the second lamp in the Fishing Hamlet and the area was easy as hell enemy-wise, but visually this area is gorgeous - it really gives me hope for what Dark Souls 3's inevitable swamp area could look like, it reminded me more of VoD than Blighttown, but the design of the area is just stunning to me, including the sound design which was really noticable.

I'm really pleased so far with the variety of environments in the DLC.

deoee

after 3 hours of
Ludwig
on NG+ and ONE coop session where he had ~ 5 hits left my coop partners yolo died and I was stuck on the stairs and died. I can't do it anymore... I think I'm starting to fall apart

Floody

All bosses but
Laurence
down.

L
udwig
1 death, beat him second time, got super lucky though.
L
iving Failure
3 deaths, kept getting greedy.
M
aria
1st time.
O
rphan of Kos
25-30 deaths, around 500 Blood Vials used.

Lucario

This is giving me a lot of trouble on my failed speedrun characters, lol. (sl~40). Guess I'll get them through the main game and try again.

Could any of you give me some pointers on how to continue with my build? I ended up leaving the DLC after getting hammered by it earlier. I need to know where to put my points so that I have a strong end-game build.

Here are my current stats:
Level 59
Vitality: 25
Endurance: 21
Strength: 30
Skill: 14
Bloodtinge: 10
Arcane: 9

I'm currently alternating between a Ludwig Sword and the new
Fiery Hammer
from the DLC. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

Anung

Un Rama
Yeah,
Laurence
is the hardest boss in any souls game.

Meh, I beat him on my first try. His move set is predictable it just has AOE. Just stay back and always stick to his left side.

I had way more trouble with
Ludwig and Failures.

FTFY. Welcome to hell. You might be here a while.

Good news isit doesn't take long to level up. I co-oped for a bit and power leveled up to 85. I was able to beat the first boss but I needed help from cooperators.

But I tell you, when I first booted up bloodborne to get into the DLC after so long of not pkaying and then get one shotted by the first hunter enemy I told myself...."and here we go..."

Died during first boss and all my echoes up and vanished. Neat. Gonna just farm the area before it with those two dudes you can summon.

Edit: That one phase is brutal. Also loving holding L2 on Whirlgig Saw.

Finalow

damn
Maria
can be a bit challenging if you're 1v1 but 3v1? Lol, she barely attacked once.
I did 2 tries solo, during which she was literally 3 hits away from dying before combo'ing me (again here bloodtinge sucks) then I wanted to try how she was going to deal with co-op and rip.

Styles

Wait until you get to
Orphan of Kos
. You ain't seen nothing yet.
Already killed
kos
. It took me close to a dozen tries but I finally got him.
laurence
on the other hand is not having any of that. It doesn't help that I am playing the dlc on ng++.

Hi folks, common question incoming:

SL ~80 on NG, literally just started it, should I continue on or start a new character? I don't want to be over leveled but I also don't want to have to level up again to an optimal SL before starting DLC.

Could any of you give me some pointers on how to continue with my build? I ended up leaving the DLC after getting hammered by it earlier. I need to know where to put my points so that I have a strong end-game build.

Here are my current stats:
Level 59
Vitality: 25
Endurance: 21
Strength: 30
Skill: 14
Bloodtinge: 10
Arcane: 9

I'm currently alternating between a Ludwig Sword and the new
Fiery Hammer
from the DLC. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

There really aren't "builds" for single player. Specialization really only matters for PVP or self-imposed handicap runs.

But you want to level Vitality, Endurance, and Strength for your weapons. You can also level Skill once putting a point there gives you a bigger bonus than just strength. LHB scales off of both at basically equal proportion.

Arcane and Bloodtinge should always come last. Vitality is probably what you should focus on first. If you have more health, you can always do more damage. With low health, it doesn't matter how high your strength is, because you can't attack when you're dead!

usp84

Wtf the boss
Orphan of Kos
is absolutely insane!So intense i waw never sure that i would beat it

The area before too is amazing

KRaZyAmmo

Hi folks, common question incoming:

SL ~80 on NG, literally just started it, should I continue on or start a new character? I don't want to be over leveled but I also don't want to have to level up again to an optimal SL before starting DLC.

I started the DLC at level 80. Some of the enemies will be nothing, but the bosses may have problem (especially the first one). It's doable at 80.

Depends on your weapon and stats.

sn00zer

Ok I am getting one shotted left and right with the first boss....wtf am I doing wrong? I beat Bloodborne before and never had nearly as much trouble

Anung

Un Rama
Ok I am getting one shotted left and right with the first boss....wtf am I doing wrong? I beat Bloodborne before and never had nearly as much trouble

Aim for his sides when you can because it'll knock him off balance. Stay back as he has 360 attacks that hurt as well as flailing appendages. Summon in Vatir to help you as he hits hard and can tank hits.

Top Bottom