• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

DLC has crushed my spirit for tonight. I'll return but as of right this moment my tank is on empty.

Bringing a downer to the top of the page. That is what I do here.

Manu

Guys, can anyone tell me where the Brain Fluids are?

I found two so far, but I can't locate the third one.

Thanks.

I'm guessing
Ludwig
isn't the first boss you're supposed to run into. I walked in and got killed in two hits lol. Though I am on NG++ so that might be why, but either way I'm not stopping till I beat him.

I'm guessing
Ludwig
isn't the first boss you're supposed to run into. I walked in and got killed in two hits lol. Though I am on NG++ so that might be why, but either way I'm not stopping till I beat him.

He is the first boss you need to fight to progress and the first boss to encounter, funnily enough.

TitusTroy

Praise the Sun I finally beat
Lady Maria
...it was literally the first time in the entire game (including the base game) that I've used a gun for parrying...never liked the new parry-with-guns mechanic in the game and never needed to use it, until now

tesqui

Holy shit, this fucking atmosphere! I'm in love with this DLC. This is shaping up to be arguably better than the base game. Especially better than some parts of the latter half of the game.

If someone returned to their own world while invading you, what does that mean? Did I kill him? Someone just invaded me, and my framerate started to tank. I finally found him, he led me to a large pack of those blood spider looking things that spit at you, then my game froze, then became playable about 20 secs later, and I got that message, then the game froze again and that's what I'm currently looking at.

Dude froze my game. No fair. First time I've ever had Bloodborne crash, I think.

Wait, it didn't crash. I tabbed out, then tabbed back in, and the game's running again. The framerate is still horrible, the sound is muted, and wait... Now I hear children crying.

What the hell is happening.

Got the first boss to the second phase and then wiped out immediately. I only just learned his first set of moves!!!

Music is godly though and this will go down as one of the best/most intense/worst boss fights ever.

Game4life

Banned
Got the first boss to the second phase and then wiped out immediately. I only just learned his first set of moves!!!

Music is godly though and this will go down as one of the best/most intense/worst boss fights ever.

This boss is brutal but that euphoria after killing that piece of shit was just wow!

jrcbandit

Could any of you give me some pointers on how to continue with my build? I ended up leaving the DLC after getting hammered by it earlier. I need to know where to put my points so that I have a strong end-game build.

Here are my current stats:
Level 59
Vitality: 25
Endurance: 21
Strength: 30
Skill: 14
Bloodtinge: 10
Arcane: 9

I'm currently alternating between a Ludwig Sword and the new
Fiery Hammer
from the DLC. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

I'd aim for this:
Vitality: 50
Endurance: 30 (or 35 if you like lots of stamina, screw those 20 endurance users lol)
Strength: 50
Skill: 25
Bloodtinge: 10
Arcane: 18 (or 25 if you want to use Moonlight blade)

You need 18 arcane for Augur of Ebrietas which lets you parry when using a two hander like Ludwig. After that, you can decide if you want to raise Skill or Arcane to 50, or just leave them at 25.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
DLC has crushed my spirit for tonight. I'll return but as of right this moment my tank is on empty.

Bringing a downer to the top of the page. That is what I do here.

This DLC is really doing a number on my nerves. First boss fight was plenty hard, and then I move on and just get creamed to bits with all of my echoes from the boss and the path to it.

Seems much harsher on iframes and dodging.

Zaventem

Only thing i'm pissed about is those stupid whale/shark things. Replaying the dlc a second time around and I noticed the
one on the roof waiting as an "ambush" can't even be hit down.

Pure bullshit really.

TitusTroy

Grimløck;186822617 said:
where is the key to the door in the lower prison cells?

in the Research Hall...after you turn the staircase, you need to make you way down to one of the lower levels...it's inside a room on a dead body

HORRORSHØW

in the Research Hall...after you turn the staircase, you need to make you way down to one of the lower levels...it's inside a room on a dead body
i got that one. but there's another door that's locked at the end of some stairs that go down.

i think that's the door that leads to the
bloodletter

I FUCKING BEAT HIM. FUCK. IM SHAKING.

Last try for the night before I was gonna give up too omg. Seriously one of the best bosses ever, and crazy how he goes from seeming impossibly cheap to still hard as fuck but perfectly doable.

KRaZyAmmo

really need help with
Orphan of Kos
. I've been trying to parry him but I'm getting the timing off and can't find the right moment to stagger him.

Top Bottom