• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

I FUCKING BEAT HIM. FUCK. IM SHAKING.

Last try for the night before I was gonna give up too omg. Seriously one of the best bosses ever, and crazy how he goes from seeming impossibly cheap to still hard as fuck but perfectly doable.

This is why we play those f... games, congrats ^_^

That was
Ludwig
right ? Personnaly, it's
Laurence
that gave me the toughest challenge '-'

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Wait until you get to the start of the next area ;)

Man seriously this is one hell of a wake up call for a first boss fight.

Am I missing something? My 2 weaps are +9, I'm 106... pretty good allocation of stat points (I played the Souls games, and this was my second BB character)

Maybe I just am really getting old...

VinFTW

Woah, was not expecting a boss right after another.

L
ady
M
aria
right after L
iving
F
ailures.

Just one shot her though :D

Awesome moveset and amazing boss room. This DLC is jaw dropping.

zma1013

So the
Blood Starved Beast
in the cave, I normally parry it and it's easy as pie but since it's dark as f@$# in there and I can't even see it to know what it's doing, what's a good strat for it. Do I just gotta do it with torch in hand?

vilmer_

Man seriously this is one hell of a wake up call for a first boss fight.

Am I missing something? My 2 weaps are +9, I'm 106... pretty good allocation of stat points (I played the Souls games, and this was my second BB character)

Maybe I just am really getting old...

Did you start the expansion in NG+?

So the
Blood Starved Beast
in the cave, I normally parry it and it's easy as pie but since it's dark as f@$# in there and I can't even see it to know what it's doing, what's a good strat for it. Do I just gotta do it with torch in hand?

u can throw a blood pungent cocktail somewhere and it will start attacking that spot instead of you. You can just keep hitting it till it starts targetting u, throw another cocktail if needed.

So the
Blood Starved Beast

He's easy as fuck mang. Just casually walk behind him. If he does anything it'll whiff and you can go to town on him. Worst thing he can do is
clothesline
simply because it's hard to punish.

Okay... so the Moonlight Sword seems to be a nicer version of Ludwig's Holy Blade with added projection to chip away at enemies. I only have it a +9 at the moment and with crappier gems than my Ludwig and it is already more powerful than it. Strength and Arcane builds (weird combo I know) will make this one of the best weapons I think.

HORRORSHØW

Okay... so the Moonlight Sword seems to be a nicer version of Ludwig's Holy Blade with added projection to chip away at enemies. I only have it a +9 at the moment and with crappier gems than my Ludwig and it is already more powerful than it. Strength and Arcane builds (weird combo I know) will make this one of the best weapons I think.
i never used ludwig's in the base game before but the moonlight sword is amazing. the thrust attack in the one-handed stance is brutal.

mulac

Damn I'm ready for this.
Got my Lvl201 (everything @ 50 points except Arcane which is at 18) and coming into the DLC with my main character on first NG playthrough.

I got the plat 3 months ago and am highly levelled thanks to farming in the Isz Chalice (3rd layer).

Seriously debating doing some more farming and getting my Arcane up to 40 and stocking up on vials before hitting this new area...

Ludwig talk scares me.

HORRORSHØW

Damn I'm ready for this.
Got my Lvl201 (everything @ 50 points except Arcane which is at 18) and coming into the DLC with my main character on first NG playthrough.

Ludwig talk scares me.
lol you're going to cakewalk through the dlc at that level on NG

dmr87

I FUCKING BEAT HIM. FUCK. IM SHAKING.

Last try for the night before I was gonna give up too omg. Seriously one of the best bosses ever, and crazy how he goes from seeming impossibly cheap to still hard as fuck but perfectly doable.

This is Bloodborne/Souls.

byropoint

any advice on O
rhan
of K
os
? I'm getting my ass handed to me so hard right now.

I had a lot of trouble with him after getting the rest of the bosses on my 1st attempt, with the exception of one on 3rd.

As for the advice, there is no trick for this motherfucker that I found after ~15 attempts, he does not give a fuck, you simply need to learn his moveset and be consistent with dodging his attacks. 1st phase you can try to parry him, it's too hard to get it right in 2nd so I didn't do it, I equipped the Guidance runes to avoid running out of vials, danced around him and chipped away until he dropped down, dodge attack dodge attack dodge attack. Good luck.

Damn I'm ready for this.

I got the plat 3 months ago and am highly levelled thanks to farming in the Isz Chalice (3rd layer).

Seriously debating doing some more farming and getting my Arcane up to 40 and stocking up on vials before hitting this new area...

Ludwig talk scares me.

I think you'll be OK considering he's balanced for a character ~130 levels below yours.

I'm glad to hear all the frustration with the two fucking whale things in the well. I thought something was wrong with me, but that enemy type uniquely kicks the shit out of me worse than any other enemy in the new areas. I only killed one because they glitched into a wall.

Is the "prize" for beating the two in the well worth it? I'm a quality build running around level 160 or so in NG+ with barely any points in Arcane or Bloodtinge.

Grimløck;186826517 said:
i never used ludwig's in the base game before but the moonlight sword is amazing. the thrust attack in the one-handed stance is brutal.

The first part is basically ludwig but you can use your gun, the 2nd one is just crazy arcane with R2/L2/Jump Slash R2 each doing some arcane attack that only takes 1 QS Bullet. I have found it extremely useful when trying to draw out enemies.

HORRORSHØW

The first part is basically ludwig but you can use your gun, the 2nd one is just crazy arcane with R2/L2/Jump Slash R2 each doing some arcane attack that only takes 1 QS Bullet. I have found it extremely useful when trying to draw out enemies.
yeah, the 2-handed stance is good from a distance; too slow to use up close.

you can press R2 a second time to follow up with another projectile

SoldnerKei

finally killed
Laurence
with the help of BarleyTea, if you're in GAF thanks a lot buddy P:

will be ringing my lil bell a few more mins in front of
Laurence
in case anyone is summoning there

Bebpo

Banned
I beat
Ludwaig
in NG+ FUCK YES. Ran out of blood vials about 3/4th through the battle and thought I was dead but managed to dodge all his later attacks and win with 1 hit until I was dead.

LEVELS MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE

I was lvl.105ish or something with

VIT 40
END 30
STR 40
SKL 25

I went back and just replayed the game in NG+, in like 3-4 hours I got all the way up to the Unseen Village after Rom. Gained about 20 levels. Went back to the DLC now at lvl.128 with stats

VIT 47
END 37
STR 48
SKL 25

and suddenly the hunters were not crazy difficult and were totally manageable, normal enemies easy, and I was actually doing decent damage to the first DLC boss!! Plus instead the bosses' charge attack doing like 95% damage to me, it was like 60% all all the damage from attacks were reduced about as much. Battle only took like 3-4 mins. So yeah, it was all about the levels. It's one things I have a love/hate relationship with the series, for a game that should be like Ninja Gaiden dependent on skill, so much of whether you win or lose simply depends on levels and encourages grinding. Oh well.

So uh, if I can beat the 1st boss of the DLC at these levels, I should be able to make it through the rest of the whole DLC?

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Did you start the expansion in NG+?

I don't think so but I can't really remember. I thought I'd played a NG character to the end of the vanilla game (
the dream is on fire
) - I already beat the game on a different character and he is definitely on NG+.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Need some serious help!

How the fuck - in the fishing area - do you defeat that giant thing in the
well?

It's fucking fast as hell. It one hits me. I can't even RUN AWAY fast enough to not die/heal.

I seriously can't get a single hit in. Worse than any boss so far, lmao. Not mad - just surely I'm doing something wrong...

Okay....never going to do this DLC in anything higher than NG+2. NG+5 at lvl110 is absolutely ridiculous. Im talking 1-1.5 hits and youre dead, difficult. It requires near perfect execution.

That being said, this DLC is From's best, by far. That last boss is fucking amazing and quite possibly the best/most difficult fight in all of Soulsborne. The animations are fucking smooth, the attacks are all avoidable and the second phase...the second phase...ive never felt more tense in a video game when I beat it, and that sense of satisfaction and relief I felt after doing it is unmatched by anything else in video games. Kudos to From and Miyazaki for this one. Might have pushed BB into #1 for my all time favorite game.

The sky and cosmos are one.

If anyone is interested in seeing a streamer who's been fighting the final boss for 13 hours now(streaming for 21hours in total) in NG+7, at lvl110, with only
Beast Mode
...go watch http://www.twitch.tv/peeve. Dudes not giving up and is absolutely loving every second of the fight.

TheBear

tossing up between restarting bloodborne to play this dlc or jumping back into dark souls 2 to play the season pass stuff. what's the better dlc?

Need some serious help!

How the fuck - in the fishing area - do you defeat that giant thing in the
well?

It's fucking fast as hell. It one hits me. I can't even RUN AWAY fast enough to not die/heal.

I seriously can't get a single hit in. Worse than any boss so far, lmao. Not mad - just surely I'm doing something wrong...

I have no idea how I killed it

If you have something that can stun like the holy blade you can interrupt it while it winds up certain attacks

Dahbomb

If anyone is interested in seeing a streamer who's been fighting the final boss for 13 hours now(streaming for 21hours in total) in NG+7, at lvl110, with only
Beast Mode
...go watch http://www.twitch.tv/peeve. Dudes not giving up and is absolutely loving every second of the fight.
That' s fucking ridiculous. I pretty much gave up being at like NG+5 and started a new character.

The expansion content is downloaded, but is there a simple way to confirm if it is indeed installed into the main game? I haven't had much chance to play Bloodborne much, so most of it is new to me. (What an incredible game though)

I just started out in the Lost Woods area, how far am I from being able to play the DLC?

Grexeno

The expansion content is downloaded, but is there a simple way to confirm if it is indeed installed into the main game? I haven't had much chance to play Bloodborne much, so most of it is new to me. (What an incredible game though)

I just started out in the Lost Woods area, how far am I from being able to play the DLC?
If you're in Forbidden Woods, you can already access the DLC if it has been installed. Just return to the Hunter's Dream and the messengers will be on the stairs with the item you need.

Dahbomb

Ok I am getting one shotted left and right with the first boss....wtf am I doing wrong? I beat Bloodborne before and never had nearly as much trouble
Are you NG+? Also what level? You kinda want to be at lvl70+ for the DLC if you are playing a fresh character (haven't beaten game yet) but at 120+ if this is your 2nd time around.

Top Bottom