• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
This ish is SUBLIMELY HARD.

Loving it. LOVING. I went in with a lvl 27 spear build brand new character after 1-timing BsB and the Vicar and was feeling pretty good... then that first old hunter took me longer than BsB did LOL

SO GOOD

anyone fleshed out the beast claws/beastmode stuff yet? I wanna build a character specifically for beast mode. Hilarious to type. So hyped to try it.

Way to be From. I so proud of you.

Akara

Banned
This ish is SUBLIMELY HARD.

Loving it. LOVING. I went in with a lvl 27 spear build brand new character after 1-timing BsB and the Vicar and was feeling pretty good... then that first old hunter took me longer than BsB did LOL

SO GOOD

anyone fleshed out the beast claws/beastmode stuff yet? I wanna build a character specifically for beast mode. Hilarious to type. So hyped to try it.

Way to be From. I so proud of you.

equip the beast rune while using beast claw ;) -hint you need beast rune from an optional flaming boss...

Hypron

Just managed to beat O
rphan of Kos
. I ran out of vials when he still had ~30% health (I was still getting used to his phase 2 moves :mad:) but managed to pull off two parries and a couple more sword hits to kill him. Stacking up two Clawmark runes to maximise visceral attack damage turned out to be pretty useful, each riposte hit for >4k damage.

Fhtagn

Ok just checking in...

The trouble with saying "just one more try and then I'll go to bed" is when that try is the one where you get down to the second to last stage of the fight with only 5 vials and 6 bullets left, say "fuck it" and use a fire paper anyway, and then win with just 2 bullets and no vials left.

Cuz now my heart is absolutely pounding. Third boss down, after 6 or 7 solo attempts and 3 or four co-op.

The second area (fourth lantern to fifth lantern) is just incredible. Such a thrill. I was legit freaked out for much of it.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got a chance to start the dlc and yikes at the moveset on this first boss.

I think it's the hardest moveset for any boss up to that point in the base game... I've beaten it, and nothing gave me more trouble than that encounter in the DLC.

Despera

Banned
Here's footage of some attrition warfare tactics against
Laurence
. Felt like I could cut the time in half by being a bit more aggressive, but that kind of mindset didn't serve me well in earlier attempts. Better safe than sorry, especially since I could easily be 1-2 shot by him.

One more boss (I think) before I'm done with the DLC. Guess I'll leave that for tomorrow.

AzureFlame

Laurence..
that mofo is horrible on ng+6, any tips for the 2nd phase?

This DLC is soo good, well designed and more epic than the main game imo.

Akara

Banned
Laurence..
that mofo is horrible on ng+6, any tips for the 2nd phase?

This DLC is soo good, well designed and more epic than the main game imo.

I used ranged spells since I had 99 arcane lol. I honestly don't know how else ya'll do it.

BossLackey

Gold Member
Finally got a chance to play the DLC, and I can't even get passed the very first enemy. Kills me in two hits. That moveset is fucking ridiculous. I have no idea when to dodge. I feel like I'm missing something.

VinFTW

Looking forward to the optional boss and the last boss tomorrow on NG+10/11

Been rough so far but total attempts for the night:

1st boss: 8 (solo), attempts trying to help others kill it: 37, only died a few times but damn, people are struggling with that boss.

2nd boss: 1 (Actually, might have been 2?)

3rd boss: 1

All in all, the DLC is incredible. On par with DS2's incredible DLC. Art style is the pinnacle of the Souls series except maybe Anor Londo.

Those fucking whales though....

Wagram

By the way I didn't say it earlier, but the last 40% of
Laurence
is fucking hell incarnate.

Loved it though. That victory was pure heaven.

Despera

Banned
By the way I didn't say it earlier, but the last 40% of
Laurence
is fucking hell incarnate.

Loved it though. That victory was pure heaven.
When
Laurence loses his legs, he's no longer able to do jump attacks

Which means you could run to the opposite side of the room and chill for a while if you wanted lol.

Made a new character and I'm up to Amelia. Once I do I'm gonna run into the DLC and get the Whirligig Saw at level 20

May the good blood guide me

Made little progress. Found a shortcut, second lamp and the first boss (that I only tried once and failed). Also found 3 new weapons that sadly
are all STR based
I need mah SKL weapon.

I don't even want to use any Blood Stone Chunks on my current weapon (Reiterpallasch), I wanna see what the DLC has before commiting.

How the fuck do you beat the gatling gun Hunter. He 2-3 hit kills me. And its damn near impossible to parry him. This is the first time in the entire game where I have rage quit.

Hypron

Do you have a link for that? They are kicking my ass

I just read it in this thread. Basically
you fight the first one until the second one falls down, then you use the shaman bone on one of them. They'll start killing each other and you'll just have to finish off the winner.

konjak

Do the
arrows on the bow
(new weapon) scale really well or something? Because at first impression I wouldn't want to trade
just shooting bullets to having to two-hand to do so for mildly more damage

I started a new character for the DLC. I went strength as my NG++ is a skill one. Main game is at Rom and I managed to get my hands on (weapon)
Boomhammer
. Since the weapon in question is a one hander, I am now thinking about actually going strength + bloodtinge. Should I?

Really enjoying the DLC even if I am still taking the very first steps!

zma1013

I think I screwed up in the r
search hall. I moved the lever for the stairs but never opened up the upper elevator so now I can't go back up any higher than the boss door and I know I didn't search everything up there yet. Is there some way I don't know about to get back up there?

Aces&Eights

How the fuck do you beat the gatling gun Hunter. He 2-3 hit kills me. And its damn near impossible to parry him. This is the first time in the entire game where I have rage quit.

I'm stuck on him too. I'm currently using the edge of the cave to block them jump around and attack. It's sort of working lol

I think I screwed up in the r
search hall. I moved the lever for the stairs but never opened up the upper elevator so now I can't go back up any higher than the boss door and I know I didn't search everything up there yet. Is there some way I don't know about to get back up there?

There are two elevators. Take both up. There is also s secret drop off on the second ones ride up.

Edit: I reread what you said. I think you can get there by going up the other side. There are some ladders and whatnot over there

MeanArrow

Neo Member
Do the
arrows on the bow
(new weapon) scale really well or something? Because at first impression I wouldn't want to trade
just shooting bullets to having to two-hand to do so for mildly more damage

I played through the
Research Hall
with a Bow +10 and it was awesome. It did significantly more damage than my Evelyn +9. It's my first run, though and I guess in NG +(+)(+)(...) it might get a little less useful. I already have 45 on Bloodtinge.

zma1013

Easiest cheesiest way?
Get blue elixirs to make yourself invisible, slowly walk around to the right of the rock, sneak up behind him and do a charge attack then visceral, then run away like a bitch out of the cave and hide behind a tombstone near the carriage and wait for him to get back into position.
Rinse, repeat until dead.

Bebpo

Banned

I just circle around the rock where he is until he stops shooting and get a few hits in and then run and circle around the rock again. But his physical combo is like 3-5 slashes long and has good range and high damage so he can really screw you up if you miss a slash and he starts slashing back. Definitely tough.

Top Bottom