• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

myco666

In comparison to everything else in the game it does. Still possible to do obviously. But just compare it to any other boss fights in main game. It's not in line with those. That's all I'm saying.

Anyway managed to get a summon and kill optional boss. All trophies done on DLC. Was well worth the money.

Compared to main game definetily. Just did the math and realized that
Ludwig
has more health than any other boss in the main game and he is the first one of the DLC. It is ridiculous that even final boss has less health than him.

edit.
God fuckin damnit,
4th STR weapon
found. Y u do dis to me?

Because Str is the best. No one wants babby ass Skill weapons.

Crispy

M
aria
.... pretty damn easy to be honest
, at least in comparison to that first shit bag. 1st time woo. How much more is there to go ? And how do I get into those bits where some guys ringing a bell banging on about assassins ? Should I have answered yes to hearing bells ?

WTH, this video makes it look really easy, I swear she's much faster in my game :p

Just did another twenty-something battles, but I just can't get past her.

Ludwig
has more health than any other boss in the main game and he is the first one of the DLC. It is ridiculous that even final boss has less health than him.

edit.

Yup that's my only issue. It's just oddly placed. It's beyond end game level.I just went and murdered wetnurse something rotton. It's a joke compired to these guys. He has at least a third the health of these bosses.

Beast hunter Saif is amazing. Looks nothing special visually but has an amazing move set

MilkBeard

Ludwig

Not only does he have more health, but he hits harder than later bosses. There is some adjusting they could do. It's fine that he is as strong as he is, but the fact that he's the first boss means that it causes trouble for people wanting to progress, and the flow of the game in general. After fighting against
Laurence
a few times, I've found that
Ludwig
is probably twice as difficult.

Ferr986

Ludwig

edit.

Final boss with the first one's HP would be crazy. I'm scared to face him again tonight, yesterday he fucking raped me.
Man why is he so angry? :( I just want him to keep chilling in the shore.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Ludwig is my enemy. I will never beat Ludwig. Ludwig will die tomorrow. I like Ludwig, great boss

MilkBeard

Even still,
Ludwig
is probably one of the most characteristically crazy bosses I've ever faced. Truly a wild beast. He could have been the final boss and I'd be happy.

myco666

Final boss with the first one's HP would be crazy. I'm scared to face him again tonight, yesterday he fucking raped me.
Man why is he so angry? :( I just want him to keep chilling in the shore.

I meant that
Ludwig
has more health than
Gehrman or Moon Presence
. Last boss of the DLC has way more health than
Ludwig
atleast on NG.

BeeDog

I've unlocked the last shortcut before the final DLC boss. All those praying creatures, what happens if you attack them?

torpet

Neo Member
I have finished Bloodborne exactly once (pretty much with ease) and now purchased the DLC. Should I finish NG at least once or will my character be strong enough for the DLC area?

Tips on phase 2 of
Ludwig
?

Stay close keep attacking his sides. Back up when he raises his sword to put in the ground. That attack does two things, firstly it has an aoe and secondly it charges the sword . He usually sends a massive arcane wave after that attack so it's best to keep moving. However after he's done with the massive arcane wave you're free to get up close and personal.

jmaine_ph

Stay close keep attacking his sides. Back up when he raises his sword to put in the ground. That attack does two things, firstly it has an aoe and secondly it charges the sword . He usually sends a massive arcane wave after that attack so it's best to keep moving. However after he's done with the massive arcane wave you're free to get up close and personal.
Thanks I'll give it a fresh go tomorrow.

MilkBeard

Tips on phase 2 of
Ludwig
?

Well timed jumps that start slightly after his attack swings begin (they are telegraphed) so you know the direction and you don't get caught ending your dash when his swing comes near you. Also if you stay not in front of him but to the side or rear, he can't hit you in his swing.

silva1991

They really need to nerf the dlc bosses on NG+++ and beyond bit. they should do less damage and have less hp. I'm not having fun fighting
Laurence

WTH, this video makes it look really easy, I swear she's much faster in my game :p

Just did another twenty-something battles, but I just can't get past her.

Might have something to do with insight. That PC in the video is on 12. Im on 90+ she did seem more agressive.

Mandelbo

Got to the O
rphan of Kos
... Got him down to half HP, then he
transformed
and decked me... Certainly an unsettling final boss though!

Beat O
rphan of Kos
thanks to L2 Whirligig Saw (just discovered this move when fighting him lol). L
aurance
didn't stand a chance at L2 Whirligig Saw too. Can't wait to use this in main game tee hee hee

Zocano

Well I beat that last boss. Went back and got went from 68 to 88 to just farm up my skill. Made that fight go like 1000xxx times faster when I also stacked up clawmark runes. Not a huge fan of the fight. It has a couple cool moves but honestly just felt annoyed fighting it. Wasn't cool, interesting, or anything really.

Beat O
rphan of Kos
thanks to L2 Whirligig Saw (just discovered this move when fighting him lol). L
aurance
didn't stand a chance at L2 Whirligig Saw too. Can't wait to use this in main game tee hee hee

The Whirligig Saw is the best fucking weapon in Soulsborne history. The Whirligig Saw does not discriminate between flesh and annoying shrubbery, trimming both of them with extreme prejudice.

valkyre

Hey. Hunter with the minigun.

Fuck you.

I know he is a bitch isnt he? What I did was use the large piece of rock inside the cave. I went round and round waiting for him to start his minigun shit. Then just as he finished I went and had a slash at him. Be careful tho, the fucker can heal too...

I hate that place because you cant see shit... even with the lantern on. First time I met him I just didnt know what the hell was going on ... closed environment, dark... well you know you are fucked. :D

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
People keep going on about the L2 chainsaw thing for the whirl saw but, as boring as it is, the un-transformed R1 mash DPS / stun lock effect is insanity.

Hypron

Got all the trophies :D, and the
milkweed
rune so now I can
turn into an alien
. Woot. Now time to go to bed haha

Top Bottom