• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

SRTtoZ

By the way if people are having issues connecting using passwords make sure you do a fresh restart of the PS4 and the summoner rings first.

Soriku

Really liked the hunter battle after
Ludwig
with 2 hunters (1 mage, 1 ludwig sword fighter). And by saying I liked the battle I mean after you kill the annoying mage one and are fighting 1 on 1 with the ludwig sword hunter. Dude was dodging left and right, had to get attacks in when possible and not leave myself open with strikes, played like a fighting game, like the best Ninja Gaiden fights. Really enjoyable.

You'll like the last two boss fights because they feel exactly like that too. I hope Dark Souls 3 has similar fights even though they're going back to shields.

cheesekao

Restarting PS4 now, can certain runes block players from playing together? I have hunters rune equipped.
You should definitely remove covenant runes outside of the impurity one when co-oping. Having your ps4 in rest mode while BB is open also fucks up the matchmaking.

Hypron

You'll like the last two boss fights because they feel exactly like that too. I hope Dark Souls 3 has similar fights even though they're going back to shields.

If the boss in the beta is of any indication the fights will be similar. Using a shield against that boss only hampered you, playing the fight the bloodborne way was the way to go.

You should definitely remove covenant runes outside of the impurity one when co-oping. Having your ps4 in rest mode while BB is open also fucks up the matchmaking.
I haven't fresh restarted my ps4 since i started the dlc, and have had this rune the entire time, and haven't had any issues connecting with others without password...

In fact just half an hour ago I was getting summoned very quick to help fight the first boss lol

I guess I'll try the league rune

cheesekao

I haven't fresh restarted my ps4 since i started the dlc, and have had this rune the entire time, and haven't had any issues connecting with others without password...

I guess I'll try the league rune
It's more like there's only a roughly 10% chance of connecting with opposing covenants whereby you get summoned as a purple phantom. You're probably connecting to non hostile covenants.

Third Area random screenshots due the nature of the location most of the pics will be spoilered.

Bloodbornetrade_20151124205039.jpg

Bloodbornetrade_20151124203832.jpg

Ok so now that everyone's gotten some time with the game what's your favorite new weapon? I'm currently liking the Holy Moonlight Sword and Rakuyo and im trying to get into using Simons Bowblade but I think my bloodtinge is too low for the arrows to do damage. Also are the beams from HMS only affected by the Arcane stat?

I haven't used them all yet but I really like Simons Bowblade. Fits my bloodtinge/skill really well, and the bow is extremely useful to use on bosses.

Rozart

Lady Maria
is seriously amazing. What a thrilling boss battle. I kinda just stood there for a moment to admire all her different attacks.

The moment when you understand the
orphan of Kos
was the nightmare host on the
fishing hamlet
, its like waking the wind fish on Link's awakening sending him out to his plane of existence with his mom Kos,
oh wait the church killed her
, souls style.

9y9h5asVL_R5hlXIClnZdA_Wx3g119U9WP5Z064Xh701n0TntTa7Htby8XOvQBd0ysjX-YConm8sTQBMqjSUzg9r9A=w400

Soriku

Lady Maria
is seriously amazing. What a thrilling boss battle. I kinda just stood there for a moment to admire all her different attacks.

These bosses make me want From to just make a straight up action game. Or another action RPG with the length of the Souls games but with a combat system like DMC/Ninja Gaiden/Kingdom Hearts, From style. I think they have the design chops for it.

mellow

I finally beat
OoK
on NG++

I had 0 vials left and around half health and needed to hit him about 10 times to finish him off, so you know those last 20 seconds were intense ~_____~

phew

just
Laurence
left now

SilentRob

Man. I was convinced that
Maria
was the last Boss in the DLC. And then an entirely new area opens up. This really is one of the best DLCs i have ever played.

Well took me 4 or 5 tries but I got L
aurenc
e down. Really intense final phase.

Special thanks to Simon from whom I borrowed his lost weapon. I chose that one because of the Bloodtinge gem slot available...don't know if it was the best choice out of the three but it saved my life regardless.

Just when I thought all the bosses were done, the gruesome twosome down in that well might as well have honorary boss status, reminded me of the twin giants in DS2 Black Gulch all over again.
After much trouble I found out that "spin to win" axe was my saviour here all along.

Actually that well in general was quite a laugh seeing that my first discovery of it was
legging it from the frenzy heads in the tunnels, diving into the anchor lad pit and thinking that I was climbing a ladder to safety only to pop out of the well "oh I'm back here...and I'm about to get mugged", didn't even have time to appreciate the concise area design.

Now i'm definitely done as my second character sales off into NG+ after the most sloppy slapdash fight against Gherman that I bumbled through drunk on my increased level power.

Going back through this game again has taken it from something that would've been in the lower half of my GotY list up into the upper half and that's actually before factoring in the new DLC content, it clicked much more this time through.

Switch to church attire and try talking to him again.

Forward+R2 in transformed mode.

I just hit hit him with my weapon and got the sword. I also got cheated out of fighting his second form. after you take his health, the cutscene played and I skipped it and he died.

deoee

Is it worth to level arcane to use the Moonlight Sword with:

STR: 41
DEX: 35
ARC: 8

?

I'm Level 115 ish and only have shitty gems for most of the weapons (~ +20 physical attack... never played much of the chalice dungeons :eek: )

Is it worth to level arcane to use the Moonlight Sword with:

STR: 41
DEX: 35
ARC: 8

?

I'm Level 115 ish and only have shitty gems for most of the weapons (~ +20 physical attack... never played much of the chalice dungeons :eek: )

If you wanna do more damage in 2 hand forma and with the R2s then yes.

Got close enough to realize that the orange thing is the Flaming Cleric Beast from the trailer. Made damn sure I grinded out enough enemies to make sure I could level up. Didn't want to waste my blood echoes. Also got the Boom Hammer. Sadly I'm not a strength build. Yeah I could use it, but it's not for a skill/arcane build.

Top Bottom