• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

mellow

Laurence's 2nd phase
attacks aren't that hard to dodge. Here's a video of me being extra careful during that part of the fight.

welp, thanks for the video, yeah, patience is definitely key with phase 2 - 1 hit at a time, 2 at most, I was just being far too creedy, did it with 8 vials to spare in the end.

MilkBeard

Nope, just started making progress in it today sadly. Giant troll thing with a fucking boom stick. Paired with one with an axe. What the fuck From Software? what. the. fucking. fuck.
latest

Run away/around him, and live to fight another day. If you are where I think you are, you are close to a new lamp and boss. just push a bit further.

A couple of thoughts.

The
snail people
seems to me like some unmistakable Junji Ito influence.

Also, the atmosphere of the
Fishing Hamlet
area greatly reminds me of Lovecraft's story The Shadow Over Innsmouth.
I have been reading Lovecraft and I immediately thought of that too.

Started a fresh character for the DLC. Got to level 60 and thought 'that's what people are saying is the level for starting it. Should have realised it was the bare minimum. As long as hit my counters I could get by the hunters, but miss one and I was hurting bad. Back to the main game for now. Might return once Rom is down.

TitusTroy

originally the DLC was set to be 2 parts, so I'm guessing the cut-off point for the first one was going to be the
Lady Maria
boss fight?

Run away/around him, and live to fight another day. If you are where I think you are, you are close to a new lamp and boss. just push a bit further.
I reached it, this shit is intense. Summoned the guy that was in the corner. I guess he operated as a distraction cause he got cut down by them before I could even reach the lamp.

mellow

originally the DLC was set to be 2 parts, so I'm guessing the cut-off point for the first one was going to be the
Lady Maria
boss fight?

idk

that would mean one relatively small section was planned for an entire DLC, it's a really cool area but there isn't much content there

Why is it even there anyway? It's called Blood-Starved Beast. That cave is nothing BUT blood.

My personal theory is that the BSB and the other beasts are hiding from the blood-crazed hunters that will stop at nothing to slaughter them. They are, after all, being protected by a hunter wielding a Gatling Gun -- a weapon that, according to its description, is the signature weapon of one of Djura's companions.

Phew, L
aurance
down and I think I'm all done. I think I did it on my sixth try. I was determined not to die but my hands were shaking when I got him down to <10% HP, I kept topped up and didn't want to die. The run back is kind of annoying, you don't really have to engage any enemies but waiting for the boulder and the giant axe dude to get out of the door feels like unnecessary time.

I think I've done everything and got all the new loot. Killed Brador after getting his full set from his
invasions
, which makes him this games
Navlaan
I suppose.

I loooooooved the Research Hall and Fishing Hamlet, these are two of my favourite areas in the game and give me hope that DS3 is going to look amazing and varied.

I'd love to do a full squid/arcane build with all the relevant weapons and spells, but I've put off starting Fallout 4 to wait for this DLC, so I'm not going to do another run straight away - BB has been the only PS4 game I've played, so time to delve outside of Soulsborne until DS3 comes out (am itching to play DS1 again though, might get a sneaky run in over Xmas!)

cheesekao

Phew, L
aurance
down and I think I'm all done. I think I did it on my sixth try. I was determined not to die but my hands were shaking when I got him down to <10% HP, I kept topped up and didn't want to die. The run back is kind of annoying, you don't really have to engage any enemies but waiting for the boulder and the giant axe dude to get out of the door feels like unnecessary time.

You can just run while sticking to the left side of the stairs and the boulder won't hit you.

TitusTroy

idk

that would mean one relatively small section was planned for an entire DLC, it's a really cool area but there isn't much content there

then what would have been the cutoff point?...the
Living Failures
doesn't really make sense because the
Lady Maria
boss fight is directly after that

Finalow

hey are you guys still using password GAFHUNT for co-op in the first boss/optional boss DLC area

please keep at it and don't kill the maiden so I can invade </3

Living Failures
Lady Maria

Maybe merging the two DLCs happened relatively early in development and stuff got shifted around so that the seams aren't obvious.

Or possibly there not being an easy splitting point was a factor in deciding to do one bigger DLC rather than 2 smaller ones.

I have to take a break. I can't deal with this first boss. It's probably because I'm NG++, but holy shit I just can't. The amount of HP it has is crazy. The damage output of its sweeping attacks. The shit it busts out later on where seemingly no part of the screen is safe. The camera wigging the fuck out constantly with its erratic movement.

And I can't even summon anyone. All I have is the shitty NPC summon. I'm...I'm so frustrated right now good god.

vilmer_

I have to take a break. I can't deal with this first boss. It's probably because I'm NG++, but holy shit I just can't. The amount of HP it has is crazy. The damage output of its sweeping attacks. The shit it busts out later on where seemingly no part of the screen is safe. The camera wigging the fuck out constantly with its erratic movement.

And I can't even summon anyone. All I have is the shitty NPC summon. I'm...I'm so frustrated right now good god.

Which NPC are you summoning?

Also what weapon are you using?

use shaman bone blade if you have it.

if you don't, have fun

Shaman bone blade. Why do people keep forgetting about this tool?

I have it but I never get an opportunity to use it as they literally do not stop doing that move lol. And for some reason FROM decided what that move really needed was the ability to change direction so it's nigh unavoidable.

Henrietta is garbage for that fight. If you're in the League summon Valtr, that guy is a supersoldier.

mellow

Living Failures
Lady Maria

I honestly can't think of a suitable cutoff point, I mean maybe after
Ludwig?
I feel like it was the right size for a DLC tho and the 'we're combing multiple DLC's into one' was just thrown out as a comment or something

Top Bottom