• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

cheesekao

I have it but I never get an opportunity to use it as they literally do not stop doing that move lol. And for some reason FROM decided what that move really needed was the ability to change direction so it's nigh unavoidable.
When the first guy starts retreating and running to his buddy, shaman blade him before the second guys falls down.

zma1013

I have to take a break. I can't deal with this first boss. It's probably because I'm NG++, but holy shit I just can't. The amount of HP it has is crazy. The damage output of its sweeping attacks. The shit it busts out later on where seemingly no part of the screen is safe. The camera wigging the fuck out constantly with its erratic movement.

And I can't even summon anyone. All I have is the shitty NPC summon. I'm...I'm so frustrated right now good god.

I can help if u want. In ng++ too.

vilmer_

Henriett, I think? Also, LHB.

Make sure your LHB is maxed and fully gemmed out for damage. Also there's another npc that you can summon who is a thousand times more useful than Henriett. He can take some damage at least, and let you sneak in some recovery time to gather your senses. In any case, starting this expansion in NG+ and beyond is a stern lesson in getting your ass kicked.

When you're one on one-ing the first one, he'll usually lure you to where his buddy on the ceiling will fall. That's what happens when I play anyway.

Christ I have no control over where they go at all. I can barely dodge his moves and they all seem to one-shot me.

FUCK THIS ENCOUNTER.

EDIT: Is it even possible to dodge that charge move? He's opened with that the past three times I've fought them.
Cunt.

cheesekao

best way to farm blood chunks?
Use the chalice glyph jemmjmpi, speedrun to the lever and kill the first boss brainsucker. Reset.
You have to have already unlocked cursed chalices and cleared the great isz chalice.

Christ I have no control over where they go at all. I can barely dodge his moves and they all seem to one-shot me.

FUCK THIS ENCOUNTER.
It can't be 'that' hard to bone blade when the other guy hasn't fallen down.

Yeah, he's slightly hidden away though. Behind the gate where the crows are.

Thanks for the tip.

I had to restart my DLC from my NG+++ save because I accidentally killed an NPC I didn't want to. I had made it to the Lumenflower area before I realized what I had done.

I know I can beat the first boss alone, because I just did it two days ago, but if I can make my redo go more smoothly, I want to.

Zemm

The difficulty of the DLC seems to be either ball breakingly hard or very easy, there's no in-between. Can't say I like how it's all over the place, like why is the first boss harder than everything else?

FUCK THIS ENCOUNTER.

EDIT: Is it even possible to dodge that charge move? He's opened with that the past three times I've fought them.
Cunt.

I mean yes you can dodge it, stun that move, nope

TitusTroy

is the new League covenant only for NPC help?...if not what makes it different from ringing that Resonant Bell?...I still don't understand this new covenant

Okay so I'm at a bit of a crossroads here on deciding what to do with my character. I'm already Skill based and here are my stats:

V 31
E 25
St 9
Sk 33
B 7
A 8

I've been using the threaded cane and I just finished Cainhurst (beat Log on the first try, yay!)

I think I'm going to start the dlc now, but here's my dilemma. Should I build up the Chikage and use that throughout the dlc? Is it worth it to use before investing heavily in Bloodtinge?

I'm not sure if I should be Skill/Bloodtinge or Skill/Arcane.

If skill/bloodtinge, the weapons I'd want to use are Chikage and
Simon's Bow
. By the way, is
Simon's Bow
any good and worth the investment anyway?

Alternatively, the weapons I'm interested in are
Church Pick and Rakuyo

If anyone has any suggestions/advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

Okay so I'm at a bit of a crossroads here on deciding what to do with my character. I'm already Skill based and here are my stats:

V 31
E 25
St 9
Sk 33
B 7
A 8

I've been using the threaded cane and I just finished Cainhurst (beat Log on the first try, yay!)

I think I'm going to start the dlc now, but here's my dilemma. Should I build up the Chikage and use that throughout the dlc? Is it worth it to use before investing heavily in Bloodtinge?

Simon's Bow
. By the way, is
Simon's Bow

Church Pick and Rakuyo

Chikage needs like 45 on Bloodtinge to be funtional, Simons is pretty good for skill and would make some of the bosses pretty easy because its long range, test the new skill weapons most of the skill ones are quite good

cheesekao

V 31
E 25
St 9
Sk 33
B 7
A 8

Simon's Bow
. By the way, is
Simon's Bow

Church Pick and Rakuyo

The chikage's 2h form is effectively useless without high bloodtinge. You should also get the Lost version of the chikage if you want to use it because it has a slot where you can put in bloodtinge gems.
SB is pretty good if you don't feel like investing chunks into an evelyn.

Chikage needs like 45 on Bloodtinge to be funtional, Simons is pretty good for skill and would make some of the bosses pretty easy because its long range, test the new skill weapons most of the skill ones are quite good

Do you need a heavy investment in Bloodtinge for Simons? If not, maybe I'll just play around with that and the other DLC skill weapons and go Skill/Arcane.

Anyway, speaking of Arcane, how does it even work? Like why would you want to build Skill or Strength anyway if Arcane effectively cuts off those other stats? I'm not entirely sure how to play an Arcane invested character...

spliced

Closing in on the end and I've encountered some kind of bug where certain blood gems aren't in my inventory after I pick them up.

Why is it that he's much less aggressive in videos? Sigh.

Not about these creatures in particular, but I've noticed something like this. I started the DLC on ++, but messed up and resumed from my + save. When I played through on +
versus ++, enemies behaved differently.

On ++, I could predict how enemies would approach me just from having done it over and over again. They would pretty much always do the exact same thing.

On +, they didn't do this. They were distinctly less aggressive. This was most apparent in the early hunter encounters who will fight the roving beast hoards. In ++, those fights would be over as soon as they started. Hunters were decimating other monsters in nonstop onslaughts. On +, those battles lasted upwards of, or over, a minute. And the hunters took considerably more damage in these long fights.

But I noticed it in other places too. In ++, dogs would sweep from their hiding spots and rush right at me with only a brief pause. I had the timing down, and could charge a thrust attack and have them run right into it. On +, they paused for longer. Way longer. I couldn't bait them into a thrust anymore because the timing was completely different.

I am hesitant to say that AI becomes more aggressive on higher NG+. It's hard to know what's just RNG or coincidence or my imagination. But I have definitely noticed that AI seems to do completely different things, then stick to those things consistently.

I'm back on ++ now and, again, everything behaves differently from +.

todd360

I just can't beat this first boss.

Level 142 and I think I'm on new game +. I haven't touched the game since I platinumed it so I can't remember if I moved on to ++ or not, but I don't think I did.

Rang bell and no one is coming.

duxstar

V 31
E 25
St 9
Sk 33
B 7
A 8

Simon's Bow
. By the way, is
Simon's Bow

Church Pick and Rakuyo

Go to 50 skill then

Rakuyo

Is the best weapon i've used in the game for a skill build ...... with 1 27.2 gem, a 26.2 and a 26.2 gem its pushing out 615 damage for a weapon that hits hard and fast.

i went from threaded cane, to burial blade, to blade of mercy and really think it is the premier skill weapon, though i haven't tried out
Simon's Bow

Dahbomb

GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!!!

giphy.gif

PREY SLAUGHTERED!!!!

First boss down on NG+5. GIMME DAT GUIDANCE RUNE!

I just can't beat this first boss.

Level 142 and I think I'm on new game +. I haven't touched the game since I platinumed it so I can't remember if I moved on to ++ or not, but I don't think I did.

Rang bell and no one is coming.
I can come.

Spoo

Man.
Maria
is somehow stupidly hard for me. I can get her to half health easy, and then everything goes to shit.

Edzi

Finally managed to beat NG+++ First Boss/
Ludwig
with Valtr's help. He died in the process, but his sacrifice wasn't in vain.

First time I've had to use coop for a boss in this game though, but I felt like I had no choice with this boss.

first time playing since I beat the chalices. Im in like ng+++ or something around there.

I moved from a monitor to a giant tv screen and my god... I was getting my face wrecked by that dude that comes out of the door at the top of the stairs.

200k souls down the drain, o well lol. I gotta go back to a monitor and get used to playing

Top Bottom