• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) |OT|

BenjaminBirdie said:
3.jpg

"What the heck! This game with a little kid and a dragon on the cover DOESN'T have bulked up he-men shooting things? MAAAANAAAAGEERRRRR."
Yeah, the actual problem is if they don't buy it at all. I don't care if some hypothetical stereotype Xbox fan with temporary blindness is angry that the game he bought doesn't star a linebacker with a soul patch and a voice like rocks in a tumble drier; it's still a sale.

TheDuce22 said:
N3 and Enchanted Arms sold decently didnt they? At least over 100k I think.

NO!

N3 + the core bundle and the platinum version might be at 50,000 by now.
Enchanted Arms sold 25,000.
Japan didnt really care.

US both probably topped 100,000 or will by the end of the holidays.

bengraven

For those of you who've played the game: how is the storytelling? To me, pacing and direction are more important than the plot. Even corny plots can be nice if the story is told well (see: MGS2).

So is the story well told? Are we drawn in? Do we like the characters?

ShowDog

Holy shit the battles in this game take a long time from what I could see on that youtube clip. It looks like it could be good, and I'm digging the music, but damn. The graphics looked really underwhelming at first, like why isn't this game on ps2, but I could start to see little details, mostly in the blue dragons, that probably really make them look great when your not watching on highly compressed <250p. Animation looks pretty ace as well. I hope this game turns out good.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
ShowDog said:
Holy shit the battles in this game take a long time from what I could see on that youtube clip. It looks like it could be good, and I'm digging the music, but damn. The graphics looked really underwhelming at first, like why isn't this game on ps2, but I could start to see little details, mostly in the blue dragons, that probably really make them look great when your not watching on highly compressed <250p. Animation looks pretty ace as well. I hope this game turns out good.

battles are quicker. Way quicker. I played the TGS demo, and I'm sure they wouldn't "slow them down," as that would be.......for lack of a better word, STUPID.

TheDuce22

Banned
kisakiproject said:
NO!

N3 + the core bundle and the platinum version might be at 50,000 by now.
Enchanted Arms sold 25,000.
Japan didnt really care.

US both probably topped 100,000 or will by the end of the holidays.

Im pretty sure they both cleared 100k in NA a month or two ago.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
clashfan said:
If there are lines I would think we should hear some reports of them soon.

In terms of the pre order units, I believe they're all sold out. So, no lines for those :D

But as for the game itself, I hope people are hyped up enough to stand in line early in the morning at least.

Ginko

GhaleonEB said:
Heck, there might be lines for the Blue Dragon hardware bundle. 0_o
Nah. AFAIK you can go to any store in Japan and preorder the bundle right now. But I do believe that it will give the 360 a decent push.

EDIT:

dirtmonkey37 said:
In terms of the pre order units, I believe they're all sold out. So, no lines for those :D

john tv says otherwise.

Doomgaze-MWFR said:
I hate the fact there is no music is the small town, some great uematsu music should go with

Blim said that clip has spoilers.but, a town, is a spoiler?Are there really spoilers in there?

Jonnyram

Dunno if this is old news or not, but the artwork is reversible.
One side is foil background with the blue dragon logo, the other side is black bg with the evil professor version of the logo.
Spoiler? I hope not, it's visible before you put the disc in! :)

duckroll

Yay Jonny has the game! Now once he posts his first impressions I can edit the OP to reflect that impressions have BEGAN! :D

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Jonnyram said:
One side is foil background with the blue dragon logo, the other side is black bg with the evil professor version of the logo.
I hate you :D

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
VIDEOS TOMORROW!!! MUHAHAHA!

I cannot wait to observe this game's (hopeful) visual prowess! However, the environments, so far, have been looking pretty bland.....

clashfan

Jonnyram said:

Please post impressions.

antiloop said:
This game isn't for me at all...
Bland character design by toryiama.

I certainly hope that music isn't in the game.

I would rather buy eternal sonata..

10.jpg

"Riiiiiiiiiiiight."

(Also, I don't think the final game, which this video was taken from, has placeholder music. See you at Trusty Bell? :( )

Ginko

Hey Blim, never thought of putting some logo in the videos you make? That should stop'em from stealing your work.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Ginko said:
Hey Blim, never thought of putting some logo in the videos you make? That should stop'em from stealing your work.
Well I only put a logo on the videos I actually record myself. Videos I get from someone else like these ones I recorded and (painfully) reencoded from a live stream I don't like to put a logo on. I'll do it for the next one though, as much as I dislike doing it.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
i have a dinner tonight, but intend picking this game up later...

*excited dance*

Jonnyram

Oh, Shu is bad ass. The opening sequence is so great, and gets you attached to the characters straight away. I've barely had time to touch the game, but I like how it starts anyway.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
i have a dinner tonight, but intend picking this game up later...

*excited dance*

Ginko

Blimblim said:
Well I only put a logo on the videos I actually record myself. Videos I get from someone else like these ones I recorded and (painfully) reencoded from a live stream I don't like to put a logo on. I'll do it for the next one though, as much as I dislike doing it.
I see your point there. But still, you were the one who encoded the file and the one who chopped off the spoilers, even though that guy who was playing is responsible for the whole video, it's you who first published it as a clip in a website. So I don't see a big problem by putting a logo in those too.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Blimblim said:

Put "DO NOT YOU KNOW THE COPYRIGHT" on it.

Aaron

Blimblim said:
You're putting the effort in, so you should really logo it, even if it's not your actual feed. It sucks you have to do it, but some people are just jerks.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Btw duckroll do you know the name or nickname of that japanese gamer who peercasted this? I'd like to credit him properly since I put my logo on one video.

duckroll

Blimblim said:
Btw duckroll do you know the name or nickname of that japanese gamer who peercasted this? I'd like to credit him properly since I put my logo on one video.

He was videocasting on the site under the channel name "Freecell" and that's all we know. Btw I've been hearing some things on 2ch about the game's length.... maybe I shouldn't mention it here! :lol

Top Bottom