• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) |OT|

duckroll

Ginko said:
Ahhh, makes sense. But in the scan they have the shadows (except the dragon) evolved into other forms, care to explain :D?

Huh? The shadows are Saber Tiger, Minotaur, Killer Bat, Phoenix and Dragon. Only the dragon is blue in it's Real form, but when they're shadows they're all blue. The Real forms are much more detailed and cooler looking than the shadow forms, so that might have thrown you off (that and the fact that they all change colors aside from the dragon).

Ginko

duckroll said:
Huh? The shadows are Saber Tiger, Minotaur, Killer Bat, Phoenix and Dragon. Only the dragon is blue in it's Real form, but when they're shadows they're all blue. The Real forms are much more detailed and cooler looking than the shadow forms, so that might have thrown you off (that and the fact that they all change colors aside from the dragon).
I see. Yeah I was confused from the color change and the more detailed shapes. I don't know why they choose the blue color for the shadows anyway.

duckroll

Ginko said:
I see. Yeah I was confused from the color change and the more detailed shapes. I don't know why they choose the blue color for the shadows anyway.

Blue makes the most sense since they're supposed to be shadows. It's more interesting than black but is along the same gradient. The villain's shadow is purple, which is a nice contrast. Wouldn't it be less impressive and dramatic if the shadows were the same color as the generic shadow? I think from an artistic standpoint the idea is that all the party member shadows are supposed to be the same color to create a uniform feel, but when they go "real" they suddenly show off their uniqueness. I guess we'll find out if it's plot related as well when we play the game.

Grecco

When is this coming in the US? Cause i REEEEALLLY want it. seing these scans make my frothing need for it increase

Ginko

duckroll said:
Blue makes the most sense since they're supposed to be shadows. It's more interesting than black but is along the same gradient. The villain's shadow is purple, which is a nice contrast. Wouldn't it be less impressive and dramatic if the shadows were the same color as the generic shadow? I think from an artistic standpoint the idea is that all the party member shadows are supposed to be the same color to create a uniform feel, but when they go "real" they suddenly show off their uniqueness. I guess we'll find out if it's plot related as well when we play the game.
Yeah it sure does give a uniform feel to it. However, I think it's highly possible that it's plot related. Cause it's rare these days to see aspects in a RPG that isn't explained in the story, especially if it's as big as BD.

Ginko

It's fairly quiet in here. Damn that thread is just crazy.

It's gonna be crazy next week when BD numbers are out.

Ginko

duckroll said:
Phew, I need a breather. Don't want my brains to explode before the game comes out. :lol
:lol

And you were going crazy, goddamn. Trying to "save" every mothereffin' gamer to the 360 paradise.:lol

duckroll

Ginko said:
:lol

And you were going crazy, goddamn. Trying to "save" every mothereffin' gamer to the 360 paradise.:lol

Huh? What 360 paradise? I thought we were all going to the asylum later... I think the asylum was called "Paradise" though... hmmmm

Ginko

duckroll said:
Huh? What 360 paradise? I thought we were all going to the asylum later... I think the asylum was called "Paradise" though... hmmmm
We're all going to the Sakaguchi Paradise. Period.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
:crossing fingers about the Asian version:

And to remind people, it's at Play-Asia for $44.99!

I want this and Ryu Ga Gotoku and I'll be happy for Christmas. :)

duckroll

Ugh, the case is pretty horrible as expected. No these aren't my pics, someone on 2ch got the game early as usual. Lame way to fit 3 DVDs in a normal case. :(

duckroll said:

Ugh, the case is pretty horrible as expected. No these aren't my pics, someone on 2ch got the game early as usual. Lame way to fit 3 DVDs in a normal case. :(

=\

jeez, already? when do you suspect we'll be getting first impressions and videos?

duckroll said:

Euuugh. Bad News For MS.

"No, no. Wait. Do not buy that. Have you seen the way they packaged it? We're talking Lost Box Set bad."
"Oh Christ I ****ing hate that box set. I just want to see what happens with the hatch and I get ****ing prints all over shit and now the disc always skips when they get to The Pearl."
"Yeah. You don't want that to happen when you're fighting a pink pile of shit. Just walk away. Take a look at this nice PS3 kiosk..."

duckroll said:

whats so bad about the case?

I mean, everything seems to look like its fits in there rather well right?

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
duckroll said:

That's pretty much what I was expecting.

duckroll

Whoa, someone in Japan is peercasting Blue Dragon direct feed right now. FMV looks AWESOME and the game looks pretty fast and fun too!

duckroll

Sorry, Peercast is a peer to peer video streaming thing, like how people do podcasts for radio.

Install this http://www.peercast.org/jp/ first,

Then unzip this http://210.224.181.26/peercast-vp/peercast-VP0020.zip to some directory and run it,

then finally go here: http://kiiropage.dyndns.org/ch_index.php and click on PLAY next to the entry that says:

フリーセル
[アクセサリー]

And it should launch WMP to stream the video. A word of warning, its 320x240 and the guy has been playing for about 45 minutes now. I stopped watching but when I last saw he just saved and it was at 44 minutes.

hyp

don't leave us hangin' duckroll. i've already got blue dragon blue balls waiting for the damned thing to get translated for a US release.

edit: beaten.

duckroll

I wasn't leaving you guys hanging! I just had to finish this huge yummy sandwich before it melted all over my keyboard. :lol

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
duckroll said:
Sorry, Peercast is a peer to peer video streaming thing, like how people do podcasts for radio.

Install this http://www.peercast.org/jp/ first,

Then unzip this http://210.224.181.26/peercast-vp/peercast-VP0020.zip to some directory and run it,

then finally go here: http://kiiropage.dyndns.org/ch_index.php and click on PLAY next to the entry that says:

フリーセル
[アクセサリー]

And it should launch WMP to stream the video. A word of warning, its 320x240 and the guy has been playing for about 45 minutes now. I stopped watching but when I last saw he just saved and it was at 44 minutes.

Must resist urge to watch!!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I like that combat system where you can take the risk to fight more than one monster at once but you have the first attack advantage.
Can't wait to play this myself!

BlimBlim:

would you please upload some videos of the world map when you have the game? I'm interested in see how is the exploration part in BD, and how you reach fields, towns and dungeons.

Would you? :)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
=GabrielKnight= said:
BlimBlim:

would you please upload some videos of the world map when you have the game? I'm interested in see how is the exploration part in BD, and how you reach fields, towns and dungeons.

Would you? :)
Most likely in gamersyde diaries 3.

duckroll

I'll sum up some impressions based on what I've seen so far later. But overall there's a lot of good, some not so good and maybe a tiny bit of bad. Overall looking good! I wonder if I'll be able to get it tomorrow.... grrr.... I hate waiting.

JoeFenix

Does that stream lag horribly for you?

Music and game look amazing from what i can see but it skips all the time =(

Blimblim

The Inside Track
JoeFenix said:
Does that stream lag horribly for you?

Music and game look amazing from what i can see but it skips all the time =(
It's good for me most of the time. It just cut though.

Top Bottom