• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blur |OT|

Just started playing this again after getting so pissed off and shelving it.

I switched the difficulty to EASY (not something I normally do) and I have to say, I'm having a much better time with it.

UFRA

I'm ONE trophy away from getting platinum on this game, and the final trophy requirement is "win a 4 player split screen game".

...I only have 3 controllers!!!!!!

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

The Move controller can't come soon enough now. :lol

UFRA said:
I'm ONE trophy away from getting platinum on this game, and the final trophy requirement is "win a 4 player split screen game".

...I only have 3 controllers!!!!!!

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

The Move controller can't come soon enough now. :lol

better plug in a Rock Band or Guitar Hero guitar!

UFRA

cr_blah_blah said:
better plug in a Rock Band or Guitar Hero guitar!

Well I have 2 DS3's, and the Blu-Ray remote control. Now I just have to wait until I pick up the new Move controller next week and I'll have 4 controllers that will work. :lol

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Bizarre Creations is having a double xp weekend for Blur multiplayer.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...e-xp-all-halloweekend-developer-play-session/

That's nice and all, but I wish they had some downloadable content, or maybe add some extra features and slight improvements that the game would benefit from. I just love the heck out of it, such a freaking fun game, especially online.

I've legend upped twice, but I find the extra legend cars you unlock aren't as fun as trying to build up the standard cars and being able to play all the modes at the same time.

Spectral Glider said:
That's nice and all, but I wish they had some downloadable content, or maybe add some extra features and slight improvements that the game would benefit from. I just love the heck out of it, such a freaking fun game, especially online.

So true. It's really quite depressing to see such a low player count online after all the love that obviously went into the game, it's so polished.

I'd like to give Bizarre a big fuck you for putting in those stupid boss challenges. I've been trying for who knows how long to barge one damn car into water and I can't do it. This is some of the most annoying shit ever.

Bebpo

Banned
Just picked this up on PC thanks to the steam sale. Played a bit and have some questions.

1. Is there any way to get my photos I take off the game without using facebook? No I am not going to spam my facebook account with Blur pics.

2. Umm, what's with the game having its own friends list. I'll look at the online thread but I'm guessing this means I won't be playing/competing against friends which probably takes away from the title some.

3. How do you make sharp corners in this. The handling feels really different than PGR in that aspect. I can't just do a nice arcade-y kudos grabbing powerslide for some reason.

4. What's up with all the lightning attacks when I'm in first. It's like the entire time I'm dodging lighting :X

Otherwise game seems fun, just not the same kind of fun as PGR (and the environments look a lot less pretty, but I appreciate all the branching paths and shortcuts).

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I'd like to give Bizarre a big fuck you for putting in those stupid boss challenges. I've been trying for who knows how long to barge one damn car into water and I can't do it. This is some of the most annoying shit ever.

Apparently Kotick heard you from afar and answered your prayers.

Nif

Not sure about friends list since I have it on 360

You get pictures (from console version, at least?) on blurthegame.com in the stats section.

Try drifting to turn the car into the corner, and then boosting (green item) to make a sharp corner. It's not like PGR, but you get used to it after a while.

Don't fire lightning when you're in first, but if you meant other people firing lightning, that's just part of the territory. It helps keep most of the cars near one another so there can be more carnage. It seems unfair, but they're not very hard to dodge. If you're in first place, getting shields will help with lightning.

george_us

Shame this game tanked, as it's pretty much the perfect online racer. Love the art style, the power-ups, the track design, and especially the Meta-Gaming. Might renew my Live Subscription for this.

Falagard

george_us said:
Shame this game tanked, as it's pretty much the perfect online racer. Love the art style, the power-ups, the track design, and especially the Meta-Gaming. Might renew my Live Subscription for his.

Yeah, it's a fun online arcade racer for sure. I just rented it for a month and played a lot of it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Are there still plenty of people online?

It's like a tenner here in the UK now, and I always planned on getting it until I heard the full game was nothing like the Beta.

Falagard

cjelly said:
Are there still plenty of people online?

It's like a tenner here in the UK now, and I always planned on getting it until I heard the full game was nothing like the Beta.

Not many people but it still matches you up with enough people to race in either 10 or 20 player races fairly quickly, and once matched you can basically keep playing with the same group all night.

Decado

Is there a way to find a friend to play online? I picked this up friday and a buddy is thinking about it.

Also, any driving/handling tips? I'm having a lot of trouble with it...doesn't handle like other arcade racers. My shitty driving skills are showing...

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I played this for the first time this week at a friends, did an online match and it was crazy. While playing I thought "Holy shit, "Mario Kart for big boys" probably was the original elevator pitch for this".

Also made me a bit sadder about Bizarre.

U2NUMB

Decado said:
Is there a way to find a friend to play online? I picked this up friday and a buddy is thinking about it.

Also, any driving/handling tips? I'm having a lot of trouble with it...doesn't handle like other arcade racers. My shitty driving skills are showing...

It has full party play so you and your friend can party up and then join a playlist together...

Xun

I'm still deciding what game to get out of this and Split/Second...

Someone aid me! Both games appeal to me but I have very little cash at the moment.

Bebpo

Banned
This game is so good. I feel bad for not getting it at launch. Both the SP & MP are incredibly addicting!

Xun said:
I'm still deciding what game to get out of this and Split/Second...

Someone aid me! Both games appeal to me but I have very little cash at the moment.

I like Blur a lot more than Split/Second. Especially if you're going to play SP since Split/Second has the worst rubberbanding AI ever. From what I've played of Blur it's much less frustrating in SP and therefore more fun. I also think Blur has a better MP but Split/Second's multi is fun as well.

Zomba13

I've been loving this. A few of my friends bought it in the sale too so we've been able to play multiplayer together. Makes me feel even more sad about Bizzare. Maybe if this sale happened sooner they would be in a better position?

U2NUMB

I still think it would have been brilliant to sell the Multiplayer only portion of the game as a downloadable game on PSN, PC and XBLM for like 20 bucks... I think many more people would have jumped into this game.

Daigoro said:
this is 20 at newegg. just got it for 360.

cant wait to check it out.

For $20 it's a steal. Game is insanely fun, especially online. And, once you get several online games under your belt, the single player matches become much easier though still challenging on hard. I wish they dropped the price earlier to help with the sales during a crowded racing release period. But that's Activision, worthless.

Bebpo

Banned
I want some Blur PC friends.

Not for online, because at this point in the game's life that's probably not going to happen.

But at least for leaderboards, so there's some times to compete against when lapping the cpu in early SP.

I know a few people picked up the game during the steam sale over the weekend, so if you play the PC version, post your Blur ID so I can add you!

Blur ID: bebpo2

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Well, with Bizarre being shuttered, I am assuming the worst - that Blur online multiplayer will be killed. Sadly, like an EA game, it appears to require a separate auth server when logging into Xbox Live / PSN.

Can't imagine Activision is going to be nice enough to plug a server in for Bizarre and keep it running (bigger games have been shut down for less). So, if anyone's going to play online, now would be the time. Gonna mess around later tonight.

I suppose this sounds bad since Bizarre is basically in the sewers now, but blur is still $49.99 new everywhere. I still would love to get this but not at that price point- especially with it being an Activision title ><.

Has anyone seen the game on sale anywhere? I haven't seen it below $39.99 anywhere.

Square Triangle said:
I suppose this sounds bad since Bizarre is basically in the sewers now, but blur is still $49.99 new everywhere. I still would love to get this but not at that price point- especially with it being an Activision title ><.

Has anyone seen the game on sale anywhere? I haven't seen it below $39.99 anywhere.

$14.66/20.75/22.39 for PC/PS3/360 on Amazon. Which should really be the first place you look for prices...

HadesGigas said:
$14.66/20.75/22.39 for PC/PS3/360 on Amazon. Which should really be the first place you look for prices...

Holy shit! Perfect! I swear I checked two nights ago and it wasn't that price, either way PS3 version bought.

Thanks.

FerranMG

I just got Blur for Christmas.

Guess I'm gonna start playing it right now, in case the server are taken down and I'm left all without multiplayer. :(

PC servers are a ghost town. I really wish I had bought this game when it came out. It pretty much fixes everything I don't like about Mario Kart.

Apologies if old/not in the right thread, but it seems a sequel to Blur was in development/at least in the concept stages...

90BzB.jpg

2fDKf.jpg

zssjE.jpg

6rwsi.jpg

nQepo.jpg

:(

I just ordered this for PS3 with my $20 credit on amazon from pre-ordering Killzone 3. How is the PS3 online community, people still playing? I've been wanting to try this out for while and "free" was the right price for me.

bangai-o

Banned
I just ordered this for PS3 with my $20 credit on amazon from pre-ordering Killzone 3. How is the PS3 online community, people still playing? I've been wanting to try this out for while and "free" was the right price for me.

way to contribute late!

I dont know about psn, but a good guess could be based on how many are on Live, and cut that number in half. Live is hitting 150 lately. For a good 5 months after launch, the game was in +2000 users. so much fun

U2NUMB

I still wish they would have ripped the MP out of the game and put it on the PSN and XBLA for 10-15 bucks.. Would have filled a hole and I think may have lived on.

diffusionx

Gold Member
TSAGoodness said:

A couple months after release the game was struggling to hit 400 users on PSN. The problem was that a lot of people couldn't connect to the servers. It worked fine when I was wired but not on wi-fi. It's possible they fixed the problem, but by then the damage was done.

Man, I'd have been all over Blur 2. Such a shame, hope it somehow gets revived at some point in the future.

diffusionx said:
A couple months after release the game was struggling to hit 400 users on PSN. The problem was that a lot of people couldn't connect to the servers. It worked fine when I was wired but not on wi-fi. It's possible they fixed the problem, but by then the damage was done.

Just logged on tonight and theres 472 on. The Blur PSN community may not have been huge, but it is dedicated. Powered up racing always has the most players, which is probably the best way to play anyway.

diffusionx said:
Problem I had with it was the drops outs on/just after launch.

Join lobby, full (or near full), race launches.
4-8 people drop out straight away (sometimes me).

Then having to go back and wait all over again.

I loved this game, but after I finished all the offline stuff and Golded all the events, online was all I had left - and the drop outs killed it for me.

Makoto

I have to wonder if Activision is going to stand by the philosophy of not stopping at the first entry and trying to make a franchise out of it. Blur blowing up into a franchise is something I actually wouldn't mind. More people would have played it had the ad campaign for it been a bit more straightforward instead of just "MARIO KART IS FOR BABY, BUY BLUR."

If PS3 is still around 400 then that's actually pretty good. It struggled to break 1000 when I rented it on release. I bought it now (late I know) but it's really addictive. On the other hand I don't think I've ever played a game that almost makes me throw my controller.

Top Bottom