• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blur |OT|

Spectral Glider said:
Alright, maybe this is a stupid question, but can't I make the photos I take in Blur my PS3 wallpaper?
Not directly no. It doesn't save them into the photo's folder, it puts them in a data folder that has to be accessed in game.

OK, I wasn't a fan of the previous ones, but the San Fran Russian Hill Checkpoint run was pretty damn fun, especially with the Lotus. Sucks if this game isn't selling well, it's a terrific racer.

micromagic said:
Not directly no. It doesn't save them into the photo's folder, it puts them in a data folder that has to be accessed in game.

Thanks. Yeah, that's what I found, but just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

JadedOne

This game is awesome! I only wish more people were playing. Any PS3 players out there want to race online? My PSN account is Vilarod. Let's play :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The multiplayer experience is very, very refined in this game, which makes it pretty sad that people don't play it.

Can I take splitscreen online? Or is there any possible way to unlock more tracks for the splitscreen experience? At first when I got the game, I looked and I wasn't getting the wide variety of tracks that I eventually played in single player. Maybe I just have to do custom races?

mojiimbo

If you do a custom race then you can select most if not all of the tracks under advanced options. I did wish there was a way to set the amount of A.I. racers, though.

jred2k

Well, no one is really posting in the other thread so I might as well put my GT here too.

GT: North Lights911

I'm finally starting to finish up some of the single player and achievements I had been going for so I'll be racing online a lot more often now.

ShyGuy

Hi All,

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but why can't I get an option to share stuff on Facebook or Twitter?

I've gone quite a bit into the game, unlocked a bunch of achievements, taken some photos and beaten some bosses and still no option...

what to do!?!?

LOL

Great game though, really enjoying it so far...

Rodhull

ShyGuy said:
Hi All,

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but why can't I get an option to share stuff on Facebook or Twitter?

I've gone quite a bit into the game, unlocked a bunch of achievements, taken some photos and beaten some bosses and still no option...

what to do!?!?

LOL

Great game though, really enjoying it so far...
It's probably because of your privacy settings on live or PSN. I think you have to open them up so you can share stuff on twitter etc.

Chaplain

I need some help. Under the advance audio options there is something called "LFE Boost".

Audio%202.jpg

What is this and what does it do?

big_z

hows the online on the 360, is it as dead as some users imply?

online is the main reason i picked up the game since the beta was fun.

jred2k

The users online number is usually pretty low, but it never takes very long to get into a room that's at least mostly full. It would be even better if we could get some more GAF activity and party up.

I was on last night (360), and in the 20 person races there were around 600 just in that. The game does a VERY good job IMO of taking everyone online and putting them together. I have never, not once, had an issue with joining a lobby that wasnt almost completely full.

big_z

TheApatheticOne said:
I was on last night (360), and in the 20 person races there were around 600 just in that. The game does a VERY good job IMO of taking everyone online and putting them together. I have never, not once, had an issue with joining a lobby that wasnt almost completely full.

yeah the matchmaking works but thats very low, the beta had more people. :(

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
This game is an absolute blast. I love it.

At first I was very concerned about the total number of online players. (Under 1000 on the PS3) but I always get a game.

I only play the 20 people matches and it takes at least an hour to deplete a lobby to less than 8 or so. And then you can just join again and get a new lobby going.

What annoys me though is having to mute every person individually, sometimes they join so late that I don't have a chance to do it anymore and then I have to hear their bullshit.

CozMick

Banned
Anyone had trouble linking there PSN account to the Blur website?

I fill in the boxes, PSN ID, Unique code and Platform but it just sits there once I press continue :(

Fladam

The official site for this game needs some serious updating.. still no forums, news hasn't been updated since release.

I'm a pretty big fan of Bizarre, but the handling of this title post-release is just abysmal.

CozMick

Banned
Fladam said:
The official site for this game needs some serious updating.. still no forums, news hasn't been updated since release.

I'm a pretty big fan of Bizarre, but the handling of this title post-release is just abysmal.

Activision

Apart from that, amazing game!

Fladam said:

Yeah, there was a patch a little while back and I tried to find out what it changed or fixed but had no luck at all.

JadedOne

ShyGuy said:
Really loving this game! Finally passed 50% completion (my normal criteria for game value for money)

bluro.png

I linked my account today but all my stats are at zero. Whats the deal? Do you have to wait for it to update?

CozMick

Banned
JadedOne said:
I linked my account today but all my stats are at zero. Whats the deal? Do you have to wait for it to update?

Would love to know this also, linked accounts yesterday and still the stats haven't updated.

*sadface*

jred2k

I haven't looked into it too much, but it seems like the game is identical on either and the community size seems relatively the same. This game might just purely come down to preference.

Diablos

Just played the demo, and I must say I really enjoyed it. Was not expecting it to be this good. The demo does a great job of introducing you to the game, very complete. I may buy the full game eventually, but a price drop would be nice.

B-Dex

I just got the game yesterday and I'm really liking it however, every time I try to link my account on blurgame.com it just does nothing. It reloads the page and wants my gamertag and code again.

Tried it in chrome, firefox, ie nothing works. With dashes, without dashes still nothing.

Anyone have a clue?

CozMick

Banned
B-Dex said:
I just got the game yesterday and I'm really liking it however, every time I try to link my account on blurgame.com it just does nothing. It reloads the page and wants my gamertag and code again.

Tried it in chrome, firefox, ie nothing works. With dashes, without dashes still nothing.

Anyone have a clue?

The site, in a word is FUCKED!

Once you finally get to link your Gamertag/PSNid the stats don't update anyway :lol

Also is the multiplayer prone to freezing for anyone else when taken back to the lobby after a race?

Finally tried out the PS3 demo, game is fun. Nothing really stand out in the driving mechanics, it seems very NFS underground...the feel to the handling as well as the look. Power-ups not overpowering so that is pretty cool, and the usage mechanics give it a good amount of risk/rewards and skill based play. Pretty awesome.

I was wondering though, are there any more technical tracks in the retail version? The tracks really don't seem too exciting, only an occasional hard turn that takes a little skill. And even then, the jackass behind you will just ram you out of your line anyway and bumper off you.

The other thing is, I played against some level 10 guys and they just flat out have better cars. Like on that dusty road track, is there anyway to outrace someone in one of those jeep things? At top speed it just flew by me and I couldn't catch up at all on straits...upsetting to the newbie.

Still a bit on the fence, as I have a bunch of other racers and I haven't spent much time online with them. Blur seems a lot more casual though, so might be less disheartening to play online.

crispyben

I began playing this week, I just added a few of you PS3 guys & gals (PSN is Grandben), lookin' forward to being obliterated by you! Is there a party system like in UC2 for instance?

crispyben

Sorry for the double post, but did any of you hit a wall with Kahn's requirement of having 14 seconds left at the checkpoint race in LA Docks? Even with this video and the same car, I can't do it... Any tips?

crispyben said:
Sorry for the double post, but did any of you hit a wall with Kahn's requirement of having 14 seconds left at the checkpoint race in LA Docks? Even with this video and the same car, I can't do it... Any tips?

Hmm, not sure, it took me a few tries before finishing it but I don't remember doing anything special. That was on medium difficulty.

What ticks me off is, other than the first two rivals, I haven't been able to meet any of the other demands. I was so close on the Double Trouble one, but got nicked for the win right at the finish line. And I keep fighting the urge to switch to easy. Anyway, the last few days my single player career has been sidetracked with the online racing.

crispyben

Spectral Glider said:
Hmm, not sure, it took me a few tries before finishing it but I don't remember doing anything special. That was on medium difficulty.

What ticks me off is, other than the first two rivals, I haven't been able to meet any of the other demands. I was so close on the Double Trouble one, but got nicked for the win right at the finish line. And I keep fighting the urge to switch to easy. Anyway, the last few days of my single player career has been sidetracked with the online racing.
Thanks, I'll keep trying, and I'll get it in the end, I was just surprised at the surge in difficulty, which I'm not alone in experiencing if the net is to be believed.

crispyben said:

I did this on my first try. Just make sure you hit as many of the clocks as possible and don't crash into walls when making sharp turns. That really hurts your time.

Man, some dude kept winning all the races last night, between 10 and 12 eastern time. Somebody accused him of not being on the up and up.

I think it seems like it's taking me forever to unlock some good cars online. Every time I level up it seems like it's some useless level D and C car I open up. Still had a blast though.

Top Bottom