• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

steadfast

Tiny Tina can be funny, but she oversteps it a lot; the 'sing-song-y' gangster talk in particular is quite overdone.

As opposed to the understated, subtle nuances of the other characters like Scooter and Miss Moxxi?

TT is a perfect fit for Pandora.

While I'm thinking about it, the VA for Ellie is totally Pam from Archer, right?

Inskipp

I'm guessing that Tina's divided favoritism is a side effect of basing a character on extreme caricatures. As a result, you'll have two camps of people who either adore her or despise her. For whatever reasons.

I can't really say that she's my favorite character, but I can tolerate her since she's a small part of the overall game, and her lines aren't being thrown at you in a lengthy succession (like Claptrap).

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Anyone with Tiny Tina's level boosting quest in TVHM want to level boost me? :)

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm on PC.

rukland

I will be on most of tomorrow (PS3), if anyone wants to be boosted I have the Tiny Tina quest set an ready to go in the 2.5 playthrough so yes it is a level 52 Flesh Stick. PSN name is my name here. Just send me a message on the PSN if you want something leveled. I will be working on getting my last characters leveled so I will be doing this anyways.

Edgeward

Shotgun + Amp shield and never look back.

Anyways, third times a charm, anyone want to give me Gunzerker tips for builds / gear?

Tried first some dual E-tech assault rifles (7900 dmg~ and slag), was decent but CHEWED through ammo without even blinking. Still looking for another E-tech AR with a different element to see if its more viable. (I find e-tech ARs better than reg ARs due to the fact the e-tech ones have much less spread)

Toyed around with SMGs but didn't like how much spread it has

Now equipped with dual Hyperion Shotties (the only hyperion weapons worth a damn IMO) one slag and one normal. Haven't gotten to use it, but I figure it'll be the one that works best due to the fact that I can regen the ammo fairly fast (compared to SMGs and ARs) and Hyperion Shotties have high mag to ammo consumption ratio and get more accurate (much more tolerable recoil on the first few shots than dual wielding Hyp SMGs for example)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43461468&postcount=17970

Accuracy is never really a problem for me so I don't use Hyperion.

I also have it set up so that I can get my zerking combinations easy. If I go slag/shotgun initially but run into mechs I put corrosive at slot 4 so I instantly switch. If an enemy has specific weakness then I go slag/elem smgs/pistol machine guns with keep firing skill and hold down both firing buttons and go nuts. Otherwise, especially for big body bosses like Warrior, it's slag/shotgun of double shotgun with money shot. One of the skills stabilizes your aim so long as you keep holding down the fire buttons while zerking so recoil isn't an issue.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
With all the TT talk, question for you guys too does one of her eyes freak out and look in an totally opposite direction for no reason at times? D:

URG.

I've been farming the final boss for hours at this point across several days and I finally got an Orange, but is it the conference call? No.

I got a shield that shoots acid spikes. It's awesome, but not what I wanted!

*EDIT* According to my cheevo progress that's only the 9th Orange I've gotten out of 100 hours of Borderlands 2!

ckohler

So, I just beat the first playthrough with Gaige and a funny thing is happening. Deathtrap was spawned when
I defeated the Warrior
and because that area has a never-ending supply of Rakk and I have "Upshot Robot", he never despawns. He just keeps shooting and shooting and shooting. He even
killed Jack before I could!
. Like immediately! I also have a stack of 380+ Melee damage and counting. Pretty funny.

Now, with level 32 Rakk's getting shot down every 2 seconds (and I'm level 34) I'm just standing here slowly leveling up without even touching my controller. Every so often I'll walk around and pick up Rakk loot.

Insaniac

getting rather bored of this game now. The pirate DLC was a minor distraction at most, and the timers on the bosses are stupid. Terramorphous and Warrior and boring and their loot drops are pathetic. Hyperius and Gee are just idiotic. I miss Crawmerax

ckohler

Okay.. I decided to leave because the game was starting to lag after I had 450+ melee stacks and I had gone up half a full level. Better safe than sorry.

Wunder

getting rather bored of this game now. The pirate DLC was a minor distraction at most, and the timers on the bosses are stupid. Terramorphous and Warrior and boring and their loot drops are pathetic. Hyperius and Gee are just idiotic. I miss Crawmerax

Same, I wouldn't say 'bored' but rather finished, to an extent. The week of warrior farming with no loot was thoroughly depressing and although I have been meaning to go do the rounds with the other 'easier' or less loot exploding mobs like the Clan War or Dukino's Mom, I just haven't really gotten around to it. This thread also makes me fairly sad since everyone started talking about trading/duping their legendaries and since I have no legendaries to trade (most if not all of my OJs were given to me by friends, I have nothing I want to trade away) and I dislike the talk of duping, I have grown distant from BL2.

Maybe Torgue will be more interesting, but I wish they would not outsource their DLC and also take more time with each one, a good two/three month wait would do me some good, I think. Thankfully I bought XCOM so I've been meddling with that, while I bumble through Mark of the Ninja and Dishonored as well.

Double D

Crashed to desktop twice tonight. TVHM in the Bloodshot Stronghold. When I reload the my save I'm at the start of the stronghold. When I ultimately end the program, steam pops up a window and says that the application is already running, like I tried to launch it twice. ANyone have this issue? It's super frustrating. The only positive is it's forcing me to grind, since everything saves but my actual progress through the stronghold.

So, I just beat the first playthrough with Gaige and a funny thing is happening. Deathtrap was spawned when
I defeated the Warrior
and because that area has a never-ending supply of Rakk and I have "Upshot Robot", he never despawns. He just keeps shooting and shooting and shooting. He even
killed Jack before I could!
. Like immediately! I also have a stack of 380+ Melee damage and counting. Pretty funny.

Now, with level 32 Rakk's getting shot down every 2 seconds (and I'm level 34) I'm just standing here slowly leveling up without even touching my controller. Every so often I'll walk around and pick up Rakk loot.

Lol I was goin to post about this too tonight. Exact same thing happens today. Just walked away and let him level me a couple times.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Kill jack, kill jack.kill jack.KIIIIIIIIIILLLLLL JACK...Kill jack.

A poem by Tiny Tina.

How can you guys NOT like TT?!

That's like stabbing me in the stomach and then asking how I can not like getting stabbed in the stomach.

I don't hate her that much but like most of the intentionally "funny" things in the game they just overdo it. If she talked half as much as she does I'd probably like her more.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Oh yeah info about the graveyard.sav problem thing.

What is graveyard.sav? What does this have to do with me?
When you get hit by the glitch that turns your save into graveyard.sav, upon entering FFYL and then subsequently dying for whatever reason, you will never respawn. You die and go into a free roam camera. If you try to load another character, dashboard, restart your xbox, etc, your save data is completely gone and there is no hope of recovering it at that point, as it is renamed graveyard.sav and is missing the majority of the data it once had.

What?! How did I get this?
The glitch originated with the modding community and may or may not have been accidental. It spread from there, and it passes from the infected player to all other players in the game with said infected player. At this point, it’s a terrible chain, and chances are it passed to you through some randoms.

More info within the following link. Since Im still not allowed to play online this has not been an issue for me at all, but good too see what the problem is all about that Ive heard a few mentions of here.

http://bgbureau.com/3481/warning-back-up-your-boderlands-2-savefiles-now

Insaniac

Anyone have the Corrosive Stinkpot weapon? Got it from the first unique baddie in Oasis in the DLC. Seems to be glitchy, when I scope up and shoot at hyperion engineers the bullets fly right through them and don't do any damage

ckohler

For anyone who's beat True Vault Hunter Mode, is it really worth skipping the side quests or not? I just started with Gaige tonight and I need to know.

Also, you guys talk about "farming for the Bee" shield but exactly how do you farm a quest boss like that? Doesn't the game save once you beat the boss?

Double D

For anyone who's beat True Vault Hunter Mode, is it really worth skipping the side quests or not? I just started with Gaige tonight and I need to know.

Also, you guys talk about "farming for the Bee" shield but exactly how do you farm a quest boss like that? Doesn't the game save once you beat the boss?

Yeah the game saves but they treat most bosses just like they are any other enemy in the game and just respawn. So you go blast a dude in the face with a shotgun, collect his loot (hopefully the bee) , save/quit, repeat.

ckohler

Yeah the game saves but they treat most bosses just like they are any other enemy in the game and just respawn. So you go blast a dude in the face with a shotgun, collect his loot (hopefully the bee) , save/quit, repeat.
Should I avoid picking up any quest items they drop and avoid turning in the quest until I'm done farming, or does that matter?

Double D

I don't think it matters. Im pretty sure they just scale along with you with, and the item you're farming for isn't part of the quest. That enemy just happens to drop a particular item.

Someone can clarify on the scaling bit as I'm still only midway through pt2, but I farmed a little bit in PT1.

Gun machines never have good guns. Money becomes worthless. Loot drops suck unless you're extremely lucky. They need to fix this for the third game.

ScRYeD

I don't think it matters. Im pretty sure they just scale along with you with, and the item you're farming for isn't part of the quest. That enemy just happens to drop a particular item.

Someone can clarify on the scaling bit as I'm still only midway through pt2, but I farmed a little bit in PT1.
Some areas scale to your level to certain lvl. The dust for example scales till lvl 29, caustic caverns till the 40's or so and the fridge till lvl 50. Once you beat the warrior everything scales up to 48 and above but mostly 50+

dalin80

Banned
Gun machines never have good guns. Money becomes worthless. Loot drops suck unless you're extremely lucky. They need to fix this for the third game.

They need to fix it for this game first, only getting decent weapons from certain boss drops has killed off the point of machines / vendors etc and makes it not worth the time to actually play the game normally if you are after the best stuff.

Then there are other issues such as the tiny tiny handful of relics available.

Does someone have some good weapons for a zero player? I'm 39 and am struggling in TVHM :(

I can only offer in game dollars since I have nothing worthwhile. I'm on ps3.

I have found legendaries in gun machines. They also have the occasional purple that isn't ass.

Few and far between, though. I can count when that happens on one hand.

Seconding loot drops, though. I'd prefer a larger variety of guns effects that were't as win button as, say, the CC, and instead we got a larger variety of them in drop tables.

The end game grind here for me blows many a goat.

----------------

Still looking to trade a L50 Conference Call for an L50 Skullmasher. Any takers? On Xbox.

Finished my co op Maya play through last weekend, then started Pirates, oh many how did I miss out on Ruin for so long! I guess I was focusing on being group healer before.

Also finished my Zero solo playthrough last night and I made sure to grab the gun
Roland
left for me out of the bank before heading to the final battle. After killing
Warrior
, I equipped
Roland's rifle, stood behind Jack, zoomed in and shot him in the back with a burst fire of corrosive bullets.
Anyone else do that? Feelsgoodman.jpg

TRios Zen

Doing a multiplayer run-through with some friends to get to TVHM so we are only doing story mode quests. Just reached
Fyrestone and fought Saturn
at L25.

We are under-leveled though, so had to respec my siren to get res, or I don't think we ever could've done it. None of us had weapons that were doing much damage so it was really just a matter of continued attrition to kill him. Hung back, fired from afar and res'd my commando and assassin teammates when they went down. I'm usually a much more aggressive player but Harmony skill tree saved us. Might stay spec'd that way for a while and see how it goes.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

I use gun machines a lot to just stay "on level" with my equipment in between good drops. When, for instance, my level 15-20 drops outlive their usefulness when I'm level 25-30 I usually do a quick circuit or two of the shops in Sanctuary to outfit myself with some more updated equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom