• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mf.luder

Holy, played the DLC last night with a random and he gave me an inflammable bee and restructuring conference call. Absolutely insane how powerful those two things are. I've been reading about them for a while but had yet to see them in action. Getting shots of 300K.

I just wish they raise the level cap.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I think the problem with gun / medical machines is that they dont stay up to date with the players level enough. Which is why most folks see the stuff in them as crap.

Log4Girlz

Great the skill tree is not accurate for Gaige on the borderlands 2 website. Blood soaked shields can take more than 1 skill point, but that is not represented. And no, don't have any classmods affecting that.

ckohler

I've seen a lot of debate about whether I should skip the side quests in True Vault Hunter Mode until after I defeat the Warrior. Is it really worth it?

I've seen a lot of debate about whether I should skip the side quests in True Vault Hunter Mode until after I defeat the Warrior. Is it really worth it?

You can skip some which might give a level 50 version of a reward you might want. Honestly though, if you're going to go after legendary items from bosses, then almost none of the loot you get from quests will match up to that.

Finished my co op Maya play through last weekend, then started Pirates, oh many how did I miss out on Ruin for so long! I guess I was focusing on being group healer before.

Also finished my Zero solo playthrough last night and I made sure to grab the gun
Roland
left for me out of the bank before heading to the final battle. After killing
Warrior
, I equipped
Roland's rifle, stood behind Jack, zoomed in and shot him in the back with a burst fire of corrosive bullets.
Anyone else do that? Feelsgoodman.jpg

I
Let Lilith kill Jack

Anilones

If you want the best loot to be level 50 then you should leave some of the quests to PT 2.5. Personally, I'll be going through TVHM normally and not worry about getting a specific shield or gun at level 50, the level cap will increase eventually anyway.

Holy, played the DLC last night with a random and he gave me an inflammable bee and restructuring conference call. Absolutely insane how powerful those two things are. I've been reading about them for a while but had yet to see them in action. Getting shots of 300K.

I just wish they raise the level cap.

The bee is something I really wonder about, why is such a stupidly strong shield in this game, just seems broken to me.

Woo-Fu

Banned

Worth is subjective. Nobody can tell you if it is "worth it" to you except you.

If you want the level 50 version of any of the sidequest rewards then do not take those quests until you are level 50. Simple as that.

Moxxi's shotgun is my favorite quest reward in the game but I don't need it since I have a blockhead and a cc.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

I'm going to go back through the weapon list and see which ones I liked using; maybe not the most powerful weapons in the game, but just ones I personally like either for looks or for some interesting weapon effect. Those are the ones I'll save until after I beat The Warrior, so I can continue to use the weapons effectively in the future; the others I'm planning to do whenever I need XP going through the TVHM campaign.

i seen discussions about new character classes and lv cap increases included in future DLC. Has there been any hints of increasing the player count from 4 to 5?

Coins

Banned
I want to farm some items from the warrior in the first play through. If i hop back into the first play through from TVHM will it wipe out my quest progress I've made in THVM?

Cat Party

I've found plenty of decent guns in machines. Usually, it's a matter of needing a specific type of weapon that I haven't had a good drop of in a while. Most of my shields and class mods that I use have come from machines, because I'm looking for specific features like corrosive spike, health regen, etc.

ckohler

The problem I found is that there doesn't seem to be enough (if any) good Machine Guns. I tried to find some through my first playthrough with Gaige since she specializes in them, and never found a decent one. SMGs and Pistols are way better.

So close enough combined with a maxed out nth bullet is broken levels of awesome.
Also deathtrap with a badass roid shield and the spinning claw attack does a ton of damage to bosses.

Naite

So close enough combined with a maxed out nth bullet is broken levels of awesome.
Also deathtrap with a badass roid shield and the spinning claw attack does a ton of damage to bosses.

I've been using close enough with a fibber that does more damage when the bullets reflect off of objects. It's a hilarious sniping combination.

Baby Maker does like 400-something thousand damage per reload, 65k per bullet. It's a beast.

My baby maker was too low level, so I used the fire smg i got from the box (6585 base damage and 3590 fire dmg/sec) with 1.9 reload speed, suffice to say, Hyperius got owned.

I think i got like 105 k per bullet and i'm not sure about the reload but i know it was alot.

one_kill

Baby Maker does like 400-something thousand damage per reload, 65k per bullet. It's a beast.
No way! I've always thought my Bitch was the better gun!

Anyway, how do you guys boost for levels? I'm currently in The Vault of the Warrior and using my commando's double turrets to boost a siren. Allows me to boost while doing something else.

Lima

Anyway, how do you guys boost for levels? I'm currently in The Vault of the Warrior and using my commando's double turrets to boost a siren. Allows me to boost while doing something else.

Using TT's sidequest with Flesh Stick in TVHM.

If you are on 360 I have this quest not done on one of my characters and I could boost you.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
How far am I? Half-way? (I am level 25 for reference to this vague spoiler)
just did the double boss battle of the big ship and the siren girl.
?

-BLITZ-

Around 35% more you have to do.

I would like to ask, now that I finished DLC and remained with Round5 on Loaders I'm at level 37, how can I reach level 50 to fight with both Legendary Bosses in Normal Mode or something like that you can accomplish only through playthrough 2 ? I would want to begin in part II with level 50 at least for some legendary weapons on the first bosses and continue doing my playthrough.

abundant

Hmm, at 25 and near the end? Everyone on my friends list is at 45 or so and still playing. There any end-game stuff to do?

You should be 30 - 35 by the time you beat the game in Normal Mode. Then there's TVHM (New Game +), which your friends are playing.

I would like to ask, now that I finished DLC and remained with Round5 on Loaders I'm at level 37, how can I reach level 50 to fight with both Legendary Bosses in Normal Mode or something like that you can accomplish only through playthrough 2 ? I would want to begin in part II with level 50 at least for some legendary weapons on the first bosses and continue doing my playthrough

You can only reach level 50 in TVHM. In Normal Mode, the highest leveled enemy is somewhere in the thirties.

ace3skoot

do rare mods drop by terra always have the same skills? I got the same exact same one for my siren 3x and there not skills i care for, am i wasting my time ?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Using TT's sidequest with Flesh Stick in TVHM.

If you are on 360 I have this quest not done on one of my characters and I could boost you.

What is the reward for the flesh-stick quest? Anything worth worrying about accepting before PT 2.5?

HoosTrax

What is the reward for the flesh-stick quest? Anything worth worrying about accepting before PT 2.5?
Nothing special. The next quest in the chain does give you a unique blue pistol though, so don't accidentally turn in the flesh-stick quest and grab the next one.

So.....

Infinity pistol
Sheriff's relic (+30% pistol acc, +50% pistol fire rate)
Trickster Class mod +26% fire rate
Inflammable Bee +54000 dmg

Unending turret of awesomeness. Just point and hold down the trigger.

IHaveIce

Banned
Oh god I just want to hit level 50.

I have the feeling playing it isn't fun anymore :/ The enemies are just annoying, stalkers, varkids and treshers are the worst.

one_kill

Oh god I just want to hit level 50.

I have the feeling playing it isn't fun anymore :/ The enemies are just annoying, stalkers, varkids and treshers are the worst.
I was in the same boat as you a week ago. When I maxed out though, I got an orange-ranked gun. That ended up "freshening" the experience for me.

I think the game is more fun when you have awesome equipment. If you don't, you just feel underpowered.

abundant

The game's fun when you're maxed out and have awesome equipment. You feel unstoppable!

Even when you don't have any Legendary gear, when specced out correctly, you feel unstoppable at level 50. My Siren can destroy anyone that can be PL, even if they're a level or two above me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom