• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which link. I read the one linking to the gearbox forums, where people who've never played online have been affected.

And that would be impossible since the problem originated from the modding community (most likely someone trying to make a hardcore die once and that's it type mode) which means at some point they've played online with someone who has the glitch unbeknownst to them. That or alternatively they downloaded some hacked saves for easy loot and got a nasty surprise.

Someone on your friend's friend's friend's list could have played with someone who had the glitch, it then spread to every one who played with that person and it spreads to everyone who played with that person even if only for a few minutes.

PC is just as capable of being affected as 360 since again they share the same modding tools and save file structure (ever see one of those PC saves that have all the heads/skins? Yeah someone probably converted a 360 save to PC and vice versa)

PC and 360 use the same mod tools for everything in regards to BL2. From crazy hacked weapons, to increasing your inventory size to creating custom colors. PS3 remains unaffected because PS3 save files are encrypted and thus don't/can't use said modding tools.

So if it affects 360 then chances are ridiculously high it affects PC. One can take a safe guess and say the reason it hasn't been a huge deal on PC is simply because the BL2 PC userbase is much much smaller. But it doesn't mean PC users are any safer.

Just back up your data and be careful on playing online.

HoosTrax

And that would be impossible since the problem originated from the modding community (most likely someone trying to make a hardcore die once and that's it type mode) which means at some point they've played online with someone who has the glitch unbeknownst to them. That or alternatively they downloaded some hacked saves for easy loot and got a nasty surprise.

Someone on your friend's friend's friend's list could have played with someone who had the glitch, it then spread to every one who played with that person and it spreads to everyone who played with that person even if only for a few minutes.

PC is just as capable of being affected as 360 since again they share the same modding tools and save file structure (ever see one of those PC saves that have all the heads/skins? Yeah someone probably converted a 360 save to PC and vice versa)

PC and 360 use the same mod tools for everything in regards to BL2. From crazy hacked weapons, to increasing your inventory size to creating custom colors. PS3 remains unaffected because PS3 save files are encrypted and thus don't/can't use said modding tools.

So if it affects 360 then chances are ridiculously high it affects PC. One can take a safe guess and say the reason it hasn't been a huge deal on PC is simply because the BL2 PC userbase is much much smaller. But it doesn't mean PC users are any safer.

Just back up your data and be careful on playing online.
All I'm asking is if this is the same issue that was already patched on PC, or a different issue.

I played through the Scarlett dlc while my character was level 42, and now, while I am level 50, every time I go back to the zones they're still leveled for 42.

Is there a way for me to reset the Leviathan fight? And if so, can I get it to scale to my current level?

legbone

What guns do you use? You stay close range I assume or do you have a hybrid sniper/cunning build?

i carry a sniper, shotgun, rocket launcher and a good pistol. will swap out a smg with the rocket launcher depending on the situation. i'm pretty much only invested in the cunning tree right now. i think i'm level 38 so i only have a few points going into the sniper tree at the moment. 2 or 3 in the first level of skills. i have an assassin mod that put a few points in one of my cunning skills so i have a few extra in sniper.

i pretty much snipe until they get close and then go shotty or pistol with my kunai. there really is nothing left once the kunai and the shock damage from my decoy goes off. this is pretty much playthrough one mind you, i just started tvhm but so far it is easy too.

edit: it will be a sniper/cunning hybrid once i get to 50. with most being in cunning. really just need to get down to bore with the sniper tree. i love bore.

tatsuki

After all my runs through Steam & Punk with my lvl 50 siren... This finally drops on my starter Gaige character during the bounty board mission. >.< I guess it will serve as a good starter weapon for future characters.
ibrMY1yFJNX88w.png

Anyone on ps3 have any rare mechromancer skins for trade?

Dave1988

I played through the Scarlett dlc while my character was level 42, and now, while I am level 50, every time I go back to the zones they're still leveled for 42.

Is there a way for me to reset the Leviathan fight? And if so, can I get it to scale to my current level?

Nope, you're screwed. Once you enter Oasis for the first time it sets the levels permamently.

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah... no idea how to beat Bloodwing in TVHM, I mean I can deal damage but once he gets me I'm down, because oddly no skags are spawned :(

help? :(

H3xum

So wait

Can I go back to my first playthru with my lvl 40 guy and play it then switch to my TVHM playthru at 50 and play it again?

Or will it be locked in at 40 even the 2nd time around

So wait

Can I go back to my first playthru with my lvl 40 guy and play it then switch to my TVHM playthru at 50 and play it again?

Or will it be locked in at 40 even the 2nd time around

TVHM is still TVHM for DLC as in it's a new game. But once you go to Oasis in TVHM it's locked at whatever level you entered at.

Jeez remember when randy pitchfork said how incredibly hard the raids bosses would be then at the same time he said but he knows someone will figure out a way to solo them....i wonder what he thinks now that everyone can solo them.
I have a feeling the next dlc boss's are going to require the bee and any other weapon boost relic/mod for all 4 players. Its getting out of hand.

It needs to be fixed. These boss's should scale better for single and co-op.

neuroned

Neo Member
Finally found the last location I needed... and it wasn't even a "named" location. I just scoured every map looking for areas that weren't completely highlighted. Hard earned platinum, but hella fun.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah... no idea how to beat Bloodwing in TVHM, I mean I can deal damage but once he gets me I'm down, because oddly no skags are spawned :(

help? :(

Have a friend along if for no other reason than that one of you can die but the other one staying in the arena will keep him from healing.

Kyoufu

I find that Shotgun is the only weapon worth a damn if you're looking to have some real fun.

Sniper is very strong but boring. Assault Rifles are awful and the same goes to the pistols and SMGs.

I'm not 50 yet but that's how I see it.

Kyoufu

I want to like the shotguns, but find them pretty awful. Usually because of their ridiculously low clip size. Torgues are pretty fun though, I will admit.

The shotgun I acquired one shots most things so I don't find the low clip size to be detrimental. Especially if you're using reload speed talents/relics on a Siren. It's so fun playing Rambo in this.

Gorillaz

So people (I mentioned it a bit too) were talking about it in the Torque DLC thread so gotta ask here...

Does anyone else feel like they will make a Season 2 DLC Pass?

Nope, you're screwed. Once you enter Oasis for the first time it sets the levels permamently.
Wait What? Are you serious? WTF

So my PS3 started to give "installed game is corrupt" error messages whenever I load my level 10 Gaige and walk down into the first enemy village in Frostburn Canyon.

...and a full delete+reinstall of the game seems to have fixed it. Phew. I haven't reinstalled Captain Scarlett yet, though.

Anarchy + Jakobs shotguns = fun mode enabled, even though 150 anarchy spreads the shot over a (Hyperion) moon-sized area.

abundant

I find that Shotgun is the only weapon worth a damn if you're looking to have some real fun.

Sniper is very strong but boring. Assault Rifles are awful and the same goes to the pistols and SMGs.

I'm not 50 yet but that's how I see it.

It depends on the class. For a Siren, weapons with a high fire rate (SMG, Pistols, and AR) are a must if you want to get the most out of Wreck and Chain Reaction.

Color me confused (sorry haven't gotten my first character to 50 yet); what does this mean?

Tell me man! (please).

Do No Harm is the quest where you first meet Dr. Zed and he wants you to melee the bandit strapped on the operating table. You're suppose to take the eridium shard to Tannis, for some people the quest never completes.

It's fixed now apparently.

Kyoufu

It depends on the class. For a Siren, weapons with a high fire rate (SMG, Pistols, and AR) are a must if you want to get the most out of Wreck and Chain Reaction.

I'm not speccing into the Cataclysm route. High fire rate weapons bore the hell out of me so I've gone medic rambo shotty build :)

ZeroCoin

So people (I mentioned it a bit too) were talking about it in the Torque DLC thread so gotta ask here...

Does anyone else feel like they will make a Season 2 DLC Pass?

I really don't see them doing anything beyond the 4 they have committed to. I'm sure they have the statistics to back it up either way, but the longer a game is out, the less DLC sells.....outside of marking the content down for sales. There will always reach a point where the time and money invested into the content just isn't worth it. Even if they could just get the initial story and some early character models out and pass it off to another studio, it might be more worthwhile to put those resources into development on their next project....whether that would be borderlands 3 or not.

Even if the quality of those new DLC packs is amazing, I would imagine that most people will have had their fill of borderlands after the first 4 packs.

warpbackspin

Neo Member
Anyone interested in some lvl 50~ rare loot on ps3? Got a Bee, Bitch, CC, Maggie, Skullmasher, lvl 48 Legendary Commando Mod, and some other random stuff. Ended up duping a bunch of gear on my mule that I didn't need to, and been trying to free up some slots on him...so they're free for the taking!!

Everything is on the ground leading to the storage bank. Felt bad looking at all that orange and just quitting out. :p

I am interested in some rare heads if possible, but regardless the stuff is there for anyone to pick up. PSN name is the same as this, I'll be on for a bit while I take a break.

ckohler

My friend lost all his badass points, skins and golden keys yesterday. What has Gearbox said they are doing about this issue and have they offered any kind of recompense?

Insaniac

I want to like the shotguns, but find them pretty awful. Usually because of their ridiculously low clip size. Torgues are pretty fun though, I will admit.

Shotgun + Amp shield and never look back.

Anyways, third times a charm, anyone want to give me Gunzerker tips for builds / gear?

Tried first some dual E-tech assault rifles (7900 dmg~ and slag), was decent but CHEWED through ammo without even blinking. Still looking for another E-tech AR with a different element to see if its more viable. (I find e-tech ARs better than reg ARs due to the fact the e-tech ones have much less spread)

Toyed around with SMGs but didn't like how much spread it has

Now equipped with dual Hyperion Shotties (the only hyperion weapons worth a damn IMO) one slag and one normal. Haven't gotten to use it, but I figure it'll be the one that works best due to the fact that I can regen the ammo fairly fast (compared to SMGs and ARs) and Hyperion Shotties have high mag to ammo consumption ratio and get more accurate (much more tolerable recoil on the first few shots than dual wielding Hyp SMGs for example)

Anyone interested in some lvl 50~ rare loot on ps3? Got a Bee, Bitch, CC, Maggie, Skullmasher, lvl 48 Legendary Commando Mod, and some other random stuff. Ended up duping a bunch of gear on my mule that I didn't need to, and been trying to free up some slots on him...so they're free for the taking!!

Everything is on the ground leading to the storage bank. Felt bad looking at all that orange and just quitting out. :p

I am interested in some rare heads if possible, but regardless the stuff is there for anyone to pick up. PSN name is the same as this, I'll be on for a bit while I take a break.

Just sent you an PM about this! Hook a brotha up

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
Do No Harm is the quest where you first meet Dr. Zed and he wants you to melee the bandit strapped on the operating table. You're suppose to take the eridium shard to Tannis, for some people the quest never completes.

It's fixed now apparently.

It screwed up for me when I talked to Tannis before the cutscene introducing her happened.

L0GIKILL

Neo Member
Can someone link me to how borderlands handles XP and level progression in multiplayer? Here are some questions I have:

What happens when a level 5 player plays with a level 20?
-What level will the enemies be?
-What level will the loot be?
-If the level 20 runs around critical shotting enemies, how does the level 5 earn XP?

How is XP distributed to both players?
-Does either player miss out on XP because the other one killed an enemy?
-Is the XP leveled differently for each player?
-Are quest rewards from NPC given to all players in the party?

Is it better to play through solo first before teaming up?

Do players miss out on in game experiences if they play the campaign with others?

MANY THANKS for any help!

Demy

Here are the patch notes for todays 360 patch:
10/22/12 Update Fixed player first-person arms appearing too far up or down the screen when in horizontal/vertical split mode.
Fixed players losing ammo when reloading a savegame with max ammo and a stockpile relic equipped.
Fixed the vendor UI sometimes showing a count of 1 less item in the player's backpack than is actually there.
Fixed fast travel stations from downloadable content sometimes disappearing when loading a saved game.
Fixed players getting stuck in a white box when two people try to travel at once and one is in a vehicle.
Allowed players to trade with each other when at maximum backpack capacity if they're trading the same number of items with each other.
Fixed clients sometimes losing access to fast travel stations unlocked during co-op progression.
Fixed the favorite/trash icons on inventory items sometimes disappearing when scrolling the inventory list.
Added safeguards against the game getting stuck on a 'Saving...' prompt when a client with a splitscreen player saves and quits the game under specific rare circumstances.
Fixed the "has abandoned your struggle!" message sometimes appearing with no player name.
Fixed mini-map fog-of-war sometimes not uncovering correctly when first loading a saved game as a client. Fixed co-op players sometimes spawning at different places after a level transition.
Fixed an error that could sometimes occur when trying to join a game where the host had recently returned from a downloadable content area.
Fixed an error where clients would sometimes see certain weapons firing in incorrect directions.
Fixed a blocker in the "Do No Harm" mission and repaired users already affected by the bug.
Fixed an issue with savegames sometimes causing the game to stutter / freeze and repaired saves already affected by the bug.
Made the user's inventory not jump to the top of the list when using a customization item.
Fixed a bug with shields that reduce the player's maximum health not displaying the amount of health reduced on the item card.
Fixed a bug where some challenges would sometimes re-complete levels 1 through 5 over and over again, granting the user additional ranks and tokens.
Enemies affected by a Siren's Thoughtlock ability may now be damaged by other players.
Fixed an issue where players could sometimes lose their third and fourth weapon slots. Characters who have already lost these slots will be repaired the next time they are loaded.
Fixed an issue where players were sometimes unable to pick items up after another player had bulk-picked-up a nearby item.
Fixed an issue where players could occasionally be unable to connect to one another if one of them had recently been in DLC that the other doesn't have.

So glad slag glitch is finally gone and I can slag again. Doing 60% of terras hp in one tedi reload is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom