• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a list of what all the red wording in items do, or a way to find out what they do?

I would like to know what the commando legendary mod "its like christmas" does as well as a few others

What level do the enemies start out as in TVHM? If I start TVHM at lv37, will the enemies be the same? Does starting TVHM at a higher level make the second playthrough harder?

neoism

WTTTFFF Damn knew this game would fuck up... I'm at the bunker and I just started my save up... everything works fine.. I killed jacks ship and save and quit and now my badass rank is 0 and my controls are reset... I alt f4 out and loaded it up again and it was fine until I saved and quit again is my save fucked... FUUCK I just bought the pass, but I want my zero damn >:/
as I click it it had the steam message about the cloud save not syncing.. help me..

this is why you don't buy season passes not starting over.

Double D

What level do the enemies start out as in TVHM? If I start TVHM at lv37, will the enemies be the same? Does starting TVHM at a higher level make the second playthrough harder?

I don't have the answer, but I thought I was getting a head start on things by being level 37 at the start of TVHM. So far everything has just scaled with me. Thankfully I made sure I had a Bee before I started. I can't imagine playing without it, because once my shields are down I don't do shit for damage.

34-36, that's what Liar's Berg starts off as. You're actually a bit over-leveled so you shouldn't have too hard a time starting off TVHM.

The game does not scale until you beat it again, then everything scales to 50.

I don't have the answer, but I thought I was getting a head start on things by being level 37 at the start of TVHM. So far everything has just scaled with me. Thankfully I made sure I had a Bee before I started. I can't imagine playing without it, because once my shields are down I don't do shit for damage.

How did you get a Bee (shield?)?

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
I've been farming the Warrior for at the very least 10 hours total trying to get the god damn Conference Call, and my friend gets it on his second kill. FUCK.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So how long does it take to power level someone?

I'm level 39, how long would it take to power level to 50? How do people do it?

zulfate

WTTTFFF Damn knew this game would fuck up... I'm at the bunker and I just started my save up... everything works fine.. I killed jacks ship and save and quit and now my badass rank is 0 and my controls are reset... I alt f4 out and loaded it up again and it was fine until I saved and quit again is my save fucked... FUUCK I just bought the pass, but I want my zero damn >:/
as I click it it had the steam message about the cloud save not syncing.. help me..

this is why you don't buy season passes not starting over.

Fuck man i hear this alot...why is this happening!!!

Live in motherfucking fear!

Flesh Stick quest from Tiny Tina - keep killing him for 6k experience and redo the quest over and over.

Should take about 20 to 30 minutes from your level.

Xevren

2.5 playthrough, tiny tina quest to get flesh stick, start quest and kill him, restart quest and kill him again. Just...play some music or something so you don't want to kill yourself from the speech.

Insaniac

2.5 playthrough, tiny tina quest to get flesh stick, start quest and kill him, restart quest and kill him again. Just...play some music or something so you don't want to kill yourself from the speech.

or you could, ya know

Options --> Audio --> Dialogue set to zero

Hung Wei Lo

would it be quicker to farm Terra or the Warrior? might as well *TRY* to get some items out of it while doing so :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So I have to beat the game anyways to get to 2.5 first before I can power level?

Kinda loses it's purpose for power-levelling then doesn't it?

Ugh. Thought it would be fun to have an open game. So I switched from private and someone joins. 1min later some epic drops and the guy directly snatches it. Then we enter sanctuary and lo and behold: Michael! For the first time in 47 levels I see this mofo and what happens? That other guy talks to him and Michael tells me to come back another time -.-

HoosTrax

So don't do the fleshstick quest until after you clear TVHM then kill and reset ad nauseam?
I usually use the split-screen mod for PC to do this. One of my characters is level 50 with the uncompleted Fleshstick quest. The character that needs to be powerleveled is placed in front of Tina, the level 50 character is placed in front of the Fleshstick spawn. 360 controller is set to send identical output to both screens to avoid having to juggle two sets of controllers / mice. So I end up simultaneously killing Fleshstick and grabbing the quest again.

So I have to beat the game anyways to get to 2.5 first before I can power level?

I've always seen powerleveling as something you do after you've completed the game legitimately at least once and seen all there is to see (I'm counting TVHM as a separate game).

Xevren

would it be quicker to farm Terra or the Warrior? might as well *TRY* to get some items out of it while doing so :p

No, those are much slower.

It's the fastest method, if all you want to do is level someone up just have them tag along with you then. Won't be fun at all for the other person, and if they're starting from one it will take them a long time before they catch up.

Double D

This is kind of what I've been trying to wrap my head around ever since people starting getting to level 50 and farming. But what do I know, I've only got my first character leveled to 39 in the middle of TVHM.

Double D

How did you get a Bee (shield?)?

Just checking back in after seeing you responded, have you started PT2 yet? If not, go farm Hunter Hellquist.

Actually, now that I think about it, I got an extra Bee, but I think it's like lvl 27 or something. You can have it if you want. I'm on PC.

Also, if you want it, I've yet to play either Borderlands game co-op, so I'm not sure exactly how it all works.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

If you have a friend to do it with in the first place just use PT2 in one of your games to get a bunch of levels then once you beat it and unlock PT2.5 use the other person's game to farm level 50 Flesh-Stick.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
've always seen powerleveling as something you do after you've completed the game legitimately at least once and seen all there is to see (I'm counting TVHM as a separate game).
I suppose I'm just frustrated I have to do this all again and want to jump straight to the farming shenanigans because I just don't get much time to play. I'm in TVHM and know some of the enemies are different but.. not really. They're just stronger versions of the same stuff I've already seen.

I'm on ps3. I've got some class mods as well. If anyone got something for zero I'd gladly take it :D

Add me if you want something from this list:

Legendary soldier class mod (commando)
Practicable conference call (slag)
Slayer of terramorphous class mod (siren)
" (commando)
" (gunzerker)
And there were some epic shields and other weapons with "normal" names.

Only two cc's. the other shotguns were purple stuff unfortunately.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Man, I feel so behind on everything going on in this thread. I wish I had a high enough level character and had done some farming for trades and stuff.

LQX

Anyone on PC having matchmaking problems where its the same story missions available all the damn time? Do I have to progress single player for it progress? I've done some of these missions 2-3 during matching making already.

Doorman

Has anybody else had problems getting the game to work at all after downloading the Scarlett DLC? A friend of mine had things working fine, downloaded the DLC, and now apparently can't even get past the 2K splash without a slew of fatal error messages popping up and crashing the game. He's tried re-verifying and even uninstalling and redownloading the game and still it doesn't work.

Has there been any talk about this affecting other people? It doesn't sound like it's an issue with his actual computer, as BL2 seems to be the only thing affected.

(this is on PC, if that wasn't clear)

Has anybody else had problems getting the game to work at all after downloading the Scarlett DLC? A friend of mine had things working fine, downloaded the DLC, and now apparently can't even get past the 2K splash without a slew of fatal error messages popping up and crashing the game. He's tried re-verifying and even uninstalling and redownloading the game and still it doesn't work.

Has there been any talk about this affecting other people? It doesn't sound like it's an issue with his actual computer, as BL2 seems to be the only thing affected.

(this is on PC, if that wasn't clear)

My game created a second set of save files with a new id number and my game kept crashing tell you friend go look to see if there are two save folders in (OS Drive Letter):\Users\User Name\Documents\My Games\borderlands 2\willowgame\savedata. If there is figure out which folder is the wrong one and delete it that seemed to fix my problem.

Doorman

My game created a second set of save files with a new id number and my game kept crashing tell you friend go look to see if there are two save folders in (OS Drive Letter):\Users\Claudio\Documents\My Games\borderlands 2\willowgame\savedata. If there is figure out which folder is the wrong one and delete it that seemed to fix my problem.

I appreciate the help, but it seems he only had one set of saves there. Back to the drawing board, I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom