• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hey, how do you start THVH mode? I have already done everything in my first playthrough, but when I select continue, it just takes me back to the game and doesn't allow me to start my second playthrough
Go into "select character" then pick the one you want to use. It'll give you the option to load the 1st playthrough or TVHM.

Inskipp

So what's the difficulty rankings between Terramorphous, Vermivorous, Hyperius, and Master Gee on 2.5? I'm hoping Hyperius and MG arpen't significantly weaker than Terramorphus at least.
Vermi is just a walking(occasionally flying) chunk of health with cheap one-shot attacks. They're pretty easy to avoid though since the zones you can spawn him are littered with spots that have excessive cover (shacks, barns etc). It boils more down to not running out of ammo while killing him.

I'd place him below Hyperius, as far as mechanical difficulty is concerned.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Found the perfect group to game with last night and made out with a treasure trove of legendaries I never imagined I'd have. Thanks to the help of 3 skilled players I managed to get 2 infinity guns (9800 and 9400 damage respectively), 2 CC's (5340x7 and 5400x5 damage), a 15k capacity/56k amp corossive resistant bee, 2 legendary snipers, a legendary grenade mod, and a few others which I can't spell. Needless to say, I'm now sporting dual CC's and infinities for my Gunzerker.

MrDaravon

Hopefully they address the crazy glitches and issues with Master Gee. It freezes every time I kill him now, and it's never given me credit for killing him once towards his Challenge (no problems with Hyperius). It's definitely put me off of the game a bit, and the rumor that the second DLC has also been outsourced is a bit concerning to me now.

Managed to get into the treasure room a few times, makes me feel a little better about the game being full of glitches (like the badass rank etc. glitch that I fell victim to the other day). :p

Cheddahz

Banned
Ever since I've gotten back from Germany, I have been trying to play Borderlands 2, but it's just boring me..maybe I'm already burnt out of this game

Jezbollah

Hey, how do you start THVH mode? I have already done everything in my first playthrough, but when I select continue, it just takes me back to the game and doesn't allow me to start my second playthrough

You need to quit to menu and start the game from scratch. It will give you the TVHM mode option - when you select it you start off the game with your first playthrough character, his skillset/badass rating and all your guns that you stored.

Edit: damn too slow

Log4Girlz

Does anyone remember reading about an interview about the NPC's and how gearbox didn't just want them standing around? Man that is exactly what they do. And really, what is the purpose of having every other NPC in Sanctuary banging loudly on some window? Is it just to annoy you?

Cat Party

I finished my first playthrough as the Siren.Looking to try a different class and got a soldier to about lvl9,does the playstyle ever get more interesting or are you always just waiting for your turret timer to pop?

The turret really is your lifeline with the commando, but I'm at level 46 with mine and I love having this thing there is dominate whenever I need it.

Famassu

So is that ninja guy any fun to play as? Got the game but I'm waiting for my big brother to get it too for some coop action. Trying to figure out which character to choose first.

legbone

So is that ninja guy any fun to play as? Got the game but I'm waiting for my big brother to get it too for some coop action. Trying to figure out which character to choose first.

yes, my favorite character by far. you can choose long distance (sniper), up close (bloodshed or whatever it is called, melee based), or easy mode (cunning tree, the kunai wreck shit).

I enjoyed Zer0 for my first playthrough and would suggest him if you like Melee with a dash of sniper. But in TVHM I had difficulty finding a viable build that didn't result in me spending almost all my time in a downed state hoping that my melee buffs would be sufficient to get me a second wind.

I found Zer0's special move to be very shallow and really only used it when I was getting swarmed. Axton and Gauge provided much more usable specials, and I imaging Maya's would get a lot more playtime as well. Zer0s isn't really useful until you can start one hit melee killing baddies and keep your deception skill active for a longer period of time.

Famassu

yes, my favorite character by far. you can choose long distance (sniper), up close (bloodshed or whatever it is called, melee based), or easy mode (cunning tree, the kunai wreck shit).

I enjoyed Zer0 for my first playthrough and would suggest him if you like Melee with a dash of sniper. But in TVHM I had difficulty finding a viable build that didn't result in me spending almost all my time in a downed state hoping that my melee buffs would be sufficient to get me a second wind.

I found Zer0's special move to be very shallow and really only used it when I was getting swarmed. Axton and Gauge provided much more usable specials, and I imaging Maya's would get a lot more playtime as well. Zer0s isn't really useful until you can start one hit melee killing baddies and keep your deception skill active for a longer period of time.
Okay, thanks. I'll make him my first character, then. Looked fun in trailers but Borderlands being a shooter there was always a chance that a more melee-orientated character wouldn't work quite as well. Glad to hear it isn't so.

Fucking yup.

Would like to know any tips or tricks to getting Master Gee not to freeze the fucking game, if anyone has them.

Because holy shit what a disaster this is. Based on this shit alone I'm tempted to avoid the rest of the DLC. :\

In your experience, have there been a lot of worms alive when Gee dies? When you kill Gee, any worms that are alive are automatically killed off by the game. If there are too many alive, though, the game seems to have a lot of trouble killing them all off at once. This can lead to temporary freezes or, at worst, a CTD. At least that's how it's been from my own experience.

One less-than-ideal work around is pausing the game immediately after killing him but before the game crashes. Usually right before crashing, you'll see the checkmark pop up on screen indicating that you've completed the side quest. If you pause at this point and save/quit, the quest should be completed upon restarting. Obviously you won't get any loot, but this seems to be a temporary solution until it gets patched up.

In your experience, have there been a lot of worms alive when Gee dies? When you kill Gee, any worms that are alive are automatically killed off by the game. If there are too many alive, though, the game seems to have a lot of trouble killing them all off at once. This can lead to temporary freezes or, at worst, a CTD. At least that's how it's been from my own experience.

One less-than-ideal work around is pausing the game immediately after killing him but before the game crashes. Usually right before crashing, you'll see the checkmark pop up on screen indicating that you've completed the side quest. If you pause at this point and save/quit, the quest should be completed upon restarting. Obviously you won't get any loot, but this seems to be a temporary solution until it gets patched up.

You are my new favourite person. Thanks for this. The pause thing worked. All I cared about at that point was the quest credit, so I can finally mark it as all done. The OCD desire to clear that list has finally been conquered. I couldn't give two fucks if he shat out 85 legendaries a kill. I'm just happy to have cleared that the once.

In my experience, when it crashed, however, there were no worms. Or at least no worms that were visible. Randomly disappearing and despawning enemies have been things I've seen in this fight so I'm hardly trusting what's visible, rendered, and on screen.

Regardless. Completed now. So many thanks. <3

Dave1988

Welp, I've managed to spawn Vermi twice in span of an hour. To bad he didn't drop anything good and the second time I killed him my PS3 froze.

FML :(

Cth

*sigh*

Just ran into two crappy groups, back to back.

I helped them beat Leviathan (they were lower level, etc) and both times they booted me so I couldn't go to the treasure room.

And just my luck, the next game I join? Level 35s trying to beat Terramorphous :D

Just not having any luck this week.

*sigh*

Just ran into two crappy groups, back to back.

I helped them beat Leviathan (they were lower level, etc) and both times they booted me so I couldn't go to the treasure room.

And just my luck, the next game I join? Level 35s trying to beat Terramorphous :D

Just not having any luck this week.
yup, that's why I don't do public games :(

I am level 42 but have only seen 2 oranges drop and both were off bosses. Are oranges only dropped from bosses or can they be randomly found anywhere like in Borderlands 1?

microtubule

Borderlands 2 Update 1.1.3
- Added a toggle for whether textures should fade or pop in when a higher-resolution version loads. High-end computers can disable this to avoid seeing lower-resolution textures streaming in.
- Added the ability to reset all challenge progress for a character once they've completed 85% of all non-DLC, non-area-specific challenge levels. This will keep the player's current challenge bonuses and rank, but reset all challenge progress to 0 and allow challenges to be re-completed for additional ranks and bonuses. Resetting is available on the "challenges" screen of the status menu and will display as a tooltip at the bottom of the screen if the player has met the criteria.
- Fixed a bug where profile files set to "read only" were not being saved.
- Fixed a performance issue in Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty content with PhysX set to Medium or High.

Posted on Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/news/9210/

goblin

I am level 42 but have only seen 2 oranges drop and both were off bosses. Are oranges only dropped from bosses or can they be randomly found anywhere like in Borderlands 1?

Most bosses and named enemies have one or more orange items that they have a higher chance of dropping, but legendaries can be found anywhere. The chances of finding one in chests or off regular enemies seems to be extremely low, though -- with the possible exception of the DLC's final treasure room. They'll also very rarely show up in vending machines as deals, and can be won from slot machines by landing on triple vault symbols.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom