• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-BLITZ-

You can only reach level 50 in TVHM. In Normal Mode, the highest leveled enemy is somewhere in the thirties.

Thanks! Then I should be going with TVHM then. I made one level only through Round 4 & 5 on Loaders so 38 to 50 is a lot of replaying and huge amount of time that I don't want to spend. Sad thing though that I ain't going to get something good with the first bosses. In Boderlands 2 I had level 47 with all DLC in Normal Mode. There, at least I was close.

Borderlands 2 PC patch incoming!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43543974&postcount=1341

There is a performance patch in the works at Gearbox, in addition to the fix for DLC PhysX stuttering.

The DLC performance issues are related to PhysX settings baked into the levels by the developer, which is why you only experience stuttering when playing on DLC maps. Gearbox are working on the problem and will hopefully release a fix soon.

So I'm looking at this and I'm wondering, what do the +5s do? Does this mean I wouldn't need to pour in skill points into those skills anymore? Or are there unseen values that go past the level 5 skill cap?

You have to have at least 1 point in the skill in order to make use of the bonus. For example, if you put one skill point into one of those class mod enhanced skills, you would be 6/5. If you maxed out one of those skills, it would be 10/5 with the mod.

Does this count towards skill tree progression? I'm wondering if I could make a spec around this class mod.

No, they do not count as skill tree progression. Only genuine skill points contribute to the skill tree progression.

Just killed Leviathan and clocked the DLC. Woohoo. That chest room was a bit stingy, though.

Anyway, un question:

How does one get back into that room legally? After I killed him and looted the room, I saved and quit without turning the quest in. Upon reloading, I headed back to the room, but the door wouldn't open. So, I proceeded to turn in the quest at Oasis, traveled back to the lair and now he's not spawning, which I expected. So... 24 hour timer? I thought you could farm him twice before the timer kicked in.

Many thanks, guys.

And for the record: Bee Shield = game-breaker of forever.

jns

Hey guys, can farm bosses for the same item over and over? Could I farm HH, get the bee and then keep farming him to get more bee's?

These Super Badasses with their big spike shields are kicking my ass. Did I never find out how to easily kill those?

Cause all I do is action mode with zero and throwing some grenades at him so I can get some shots in. Damn this game is really hard on tvhm.

Ok who knows a reliable way to kill Gee? Fed up of running around his arena getting him to run over the acid fountains and then something goes wrong and one fountain stays up fucking up the rest of the fight. Is there any proper method to doing this? Are you supposed to start unloading on him when his shield is depleted and before the acid wipes you?

Xanathus

Ok who knows a reliable way to kill Gee? Fed up of running around his arena getting him to run over the acid fountains and then something goes wrong and one fountain stays up fucking up the rest of the fight. Is there any proper method to doing this? Are you supposed to start unloading on him when his shield is depleted and before the acid wipes you?

He doesn't take any damage from anything but the acid. The acid fountain is actually a game of hot potato, it gets smaller whenever either a player or Gee stands in the center of it. The last one standing on the fountain before it disappears gets hit with the acid DOT. So you could actually just stand right on the center of the fountain and let him get into melee range before running away at the last minute.

It's way easier to do it using Axton or Zero since they have ways to lure him.

HoosTrax

He doesn't take any damage from anything but the acid. The acid fountain is actually a game of hot potato, it gets smaller whenever either a player or Gee stands in the center of it. The last one standing on the fountain before it disappears gets hit with the acid DOT. So you could actually just stand right on the center of the fountain and let him get into melee range before running away at the last minute.

Salvador has a pretty easy time of it as well, with his HP boosting and regen skills, and his taunt skill, which instantly draws aggro.

W Hudson

Ok so I finished TVHM and killed Terramorphous, but was wondering how I trigger playthrough 2.5? I thought once I was done all enemies would automatically level up to 50 or so, but that's not the case for everyone. Am I missing something here?

HoosTrax

With Salvador you're risking getting hit with the DOT. You might as well die and restart the fight if that happens.
I never had an issue with the DOT and standing in the acid puddles when I was doing Gee with Earv. I had 100k HP and enough HP regen to last me until my Gunzerking came back up.

Salvador has a pretty easy time of it as well, with his HP boosting and regen skills, and his taunt skill, which instantly draws aggro.

Thanks for the tips. I'm able to control the acid things while his shield is still up, but the moment it disappears and his health starts taking damage, the acid fumes seem to spread everywhere in the arena. Is there any way to stop that from happening?

Trying for a Conference Call....

I feel your pain man, I've been farming him off and on for about a week. I've spent probably ten hours on him for the Conference Call and have gotten zero orange drops...

Can anyone confirm that the Conference Call can show up in the DLC treasure room?

Tempted to try to farm it instead of Warrior.

Double D

So why would people NOT like the incoming Bee nerf? If it's that broken, it would make sense to "fix" it... Source

I can't speak for a high level Bee, but I'm playing through TVHM with Zer0 and I'm currently lvl 39. My Bee is a lvl 31, and has like a 1500 capacity, but the damage it does is pretty great. At this point I could switch the shield out for anything else in my inventory and have roughly 8000 capacity, but I enjoy the way the game is playing and the low capacity actually requires me to play very differently than I did in the first playthrough.

Also, the tweet you are referring to is weeks old. I think if they were going to nerf it, it would have already happened. (crosses fingers)

Does anyone have a slayer of Terra mod for zero that they can give me? I just got one and it has a fucking skill for the gunzerker in it. 360 gt is Jambi Bum. Just send me a message
I have a legendary mod you might like. I'll MSG you when I get on this evening.

Edit: someone dropped an obviously glitched Bee shield the other day. 172000 capacity and 164000 damage. I used it for a bit for kicks, and it was fun, but the allure of it faded quickly.

Gravijah

since the recent PS3 patch, does the performance seem... worse? feels like the framerate chugs more often and textures pop in even slower.

Amneisac

I understand why people are against nerfs, but it seriously reduces the fun of playing online when people are running around one-shotting everything. I play with two friends regularly and one of them is playing as Sal. and he's using the
minecraft
shotgun and a bee from playthrough 1 and we're level 45 and he still killsteals everything with one or two hits.

Obviously we tell him he's ruining the fun, but he argues that they wouldn't have put it in the game if they didn't want people to use it. Yeah, we could just stop playing with him, and I recognize that it's a choice that he's making, etc. etc. but I still think the point remains that in a game with a multiplayer aspect having certain characters that can VASTLY outdamage the others while sacrificing nothing is pretty lame.

I still love the game, though.

It is a really balanced game. The Bee is the only item that needs toned down a little. I hope they boost the Shield Rate and Drop the Amp Damage a Little bit.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
since the recent PS3 patch, does the performance seem... worse? feels like the framerate chugs more often and textures pop in even slower.

I noticed this as well but the Pirate DLC ran good and looked better than the regular campaign for some reason.

It is a really balanced game. The Bee is the only item that needs toned down a little. I hope they boost the Shield Rate and Drop the Amp Damage a Little bit.

I don't see the problem people have with the Bee, it's a really weak shield capacity wise and most attacks in TVHM takes all of it away

Woo-Fu

Banned
So why would people NOT like the incoming Bee nerf? If it's that broken, it would make sense to "fix" it... Source

The drop rate is godawful. The Bee shield at least allows us to cycle through the boss fights quickly. Having to kill something 50+ times to even hope to get what you want isn't something I'm going to do without the ability to simply run up and blow its head off.

From that standpoint I don't see any reason at all to nerf a shield that is mostly useful just for that purpose. Bee shield isn't so hot on regular content since you usually are facing enough enemies that your shield goes down and stays down.

I carry another shield for actually playing the game.

Inskipp

I haven't stumbled upon remarkably good purple drops recently, but I just got this today in one of my farm- runs, and was pleasantly surprised:

borderlands22012-10-2l3k9r.png

It feels like a low-roll Bison with semi-auto and a scope- attachment. Best sniper rifle I've owned so far.

AkuMifune

Banned
I'm at work is there any way for me to use the 360 code on a website so I can claim a key?

Nope! Not unless you want to go through the embarrassment of having someone at your house enter it for you. ;)

My girlfriend would kill me if I asked her to do it, but I'm tempted anyway. At level 43 in TVHM playing alone with old ass weapons, I could use a few purples right now. My lvl 30 Conference Call stopped being effective ages ago and yet I can't put it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom