• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually use the split-screen mod for PC to do this. One of my characters is level 50 with the uncompleted Fleshstick quest. The character that needs to be powerleveled is placed in front of Tina, the level 50 character is placed in front of the Fleshstick spawn. 360 controller is set to send identical output to both screens to avoid having to juggle two sets of controllers / mice. So I end up simultaneously killing Fleshstick and grabbing the quest again.

I've always seen powerleveling as something you do after you've completed the game legitimately at least once and seen all there is to see (I'm counting TVHM as a separate game).

Split screen mod you say...please proceed Hoos. Preferably with a link :D (on my iPad atm)

HoosTrax

Split screen mod you say...please proceed Hoos. Preferably with a link :D (on my iPad atm)
Here's a link to an explanation of how to set it up.

It's somewhat involved, admittedly. Very useful in some not immediately obvious ways though. For example I broke a quest on my Siren, so I used it to co-op with my Gunzerker to complete/fix it. It's also useful for people farming the Leviathan chests, to avoid the long trip back to Sanctuary (have the second character stay in Sanctuary and quit out, then connect to them).

It's more like having two LAN instances running on the same machine.

voltron

Im up to the point where
sanctuary is a hole
and I desperately need to spend some irridium and upgrade some shit. Ammo capacity etc.

Is there anywhere else I can go until I get through the story quest or quests that allows me to enter sanctuary again?

ScRYeD

Im up to the point where
sanctuary is a hole
and I desperately need to spend some irridium and upgrade some shit. Ammo capacity etc.

Is there anywhere else I can go until I get through the story quest or quests that allows me to enter sanctuary again?
Nope only in sanctuary. It's only like 4 quests ahead.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Would anyone be up to helping me grind my low level Mechromancer on their TVHM game? Even grinding the last boss would work. Add me on Steam.

Insaniac

Take the 'Treasure of the Sands' quest from the bounty board. If you want to farm the treasure room, you have back-up your save before you complete the objective 'Find the treasure room'.

sooo, i'm on 360 and i already did the BB quest, sooo can I never fight him / farm the treasure room again?

Has anybody else had problems getting the game to work at all after downloading the Scarlett DLC? A friend of mine had things working fine, downloaded the DLC, and now apparently can't even get past the 2K splash without a slew of fatal error messages popping up and crashing the game. He's tried re-verifying and even uninstalling and redownloading the game and still it doesn't work.

Has there been any talk about this affecting other people? It doesn't sound like it's an issue with his actual computer, as BL2 seems to be the only thing affected.

(this is on PC, if that wasn't clear)

This is happening to me too. I do not have any of the DLC, though.

The game just vanishes and it seems like Steam tries to launch it again and can't cause it's already running.

W Hudson

So my friends and I ran Terramorphous about 30 times tonight, not once did he drop a Gunzerker class mod. Saw every other class at least 5-6 times each. Is this a known glitch, unlucky, or just an aberration?

Xevren

So my friends and I ran Terramorphous about 30 times tonight, not once did he drop a Gunzerker class mod. Saw every other class at least 5-6 times each. Is this a known glitch, unlucky, or just an aberration?

Sounds like you were just unlucky to me.

sflufan

Banned
This is happening to me too. I do not have any of the DLC, though.

The game just vanishes and it seems like Steam tries to launch it again and can't cause it's already running.

A few weeks ago I had a severe issue with BL2 just not working at all.

The solution was to flash my BIOS to the most recent version. Since then, smooth sailing.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
So question about TVHM:

The quest to fight Terra - if you do it before you're 50, is the quest gone for playthrough 2.5? I know you can farm Terra, but the actual quest that gives you xp - is that gone once you complete it in TVHM?

abundant

So question about TVHM:

The quest to fight Terra - if you do it before you're 50, is the quest gone for playthrough 2.5? I know you can farm Terra, but the actual quest that gives you xp - is that gone once you complete it in TVHM?

PT 2.5 happens after you beat the Main Quest Line, not when you're level 50. You get the Terra quest in PT 2.5.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
PT 2.5 happens after you beat the Main Quest Line, not when you're level 50. You get the Terra quest in PT 2.5.

Okay so this is what's confusing me then - so PT 2.5 in TVHM is after you beat the Main Quest line, correct? You just continue playing and beat any and all sidequests you have left?

So what happens when you start TVHM? Will you not have Terra as a sidequest until you beat the main storyline in TVHM?

abundant

Okay so this is what's confusing me then - so PT 2.5 in TVHM is after you beat the Main Quest line, correct? You just continue playing and beat any and all sidequests you have left?

So what happens when you start TVHM? Will you not have Terra as a sidequest until you beat the main storyline in TVHM?

TVHM is New Game +. You start the game over again, but this time with your current level, skills, and equipment.

I actually think I'm quite blessed when it comes to farming legendary items/weapons.

Conference Call: first time
Maggie: ~25 kills
Bee: ~30-40 kills
Sledge's shotgun: ~30-40 kills

Apologies if this post elicits any rage :).

A few weeks ago I had a severe issue with BL2 just not working at all.

The solution was to flash my BIOS to the most recent version. Since then, smooth sailing.

It worked when I rebooted my PC.

Steam was acting weird for me too though when I tried other solutions first. After I opted out of the BPM beta it decided hundreds of my games (BL2 included) had an "update required" and it tried to download updates for them all, a lot of them being 0 byte "downloads".

You get the Terra quest in PT 2.5.

You can get the side quest to fight Terramorphous as soon as you finish PT1. After you beat the game for the first time, you can go back to see Tannis in Sanctuary while playing in "Normal" mode and accept the quest. You'll be way underpowered and get slaughtered without any help (he's Level 52 regardless of when you fight him), but the option is there.

Marvie_3

Banned
I actually think I'm quite blessed when it comes to farming legendary items/weapons.

Conference Call: first time
Maggie: ~25 kills
Bee: ~30-40 kills
Sledge's shotgun: ~30-40 kills

Apologies if this post elicits any rage :).

I got a Bee within 4 kills. Tried farming baby makers, nothing for the first 10 or so, then ended up with 3 in the next 4 attempts, then nothing for the next 15.

Log4Girlz

Man this game has so many fucking fetch quests...the DLC takes the cake though

Like when you're supposed to get a
compass piece...which takes you to do quests with herbert, which makes you fetch love letters to Scarlett...and as soon as you're done there turns out you broke the Compass and you need to fetch raw materials to fix it...when you're all done with that you finally turn the compass into Scarlett. WTF that is 3 fetch quests rolled into one

web01

Like when you're supposed to get a
compass piece...which takes you to do quests with herbert, which makes you fetch love letters to Scarlett...and as soon as you're done there turns out you broke the Compass and you need to fetch raw materials to fix it...when you're all done with that you finally turn the compass into Scarlett. WTF that is 3 fetch quests rolled into one

Yeah the DLC was really crappy.
Just seemed like one big rush drop to get it out so soon after release. Reused enemies, re skinned enemies , very few new weapons, fetch quest galore.
A end boss that is arguably worse than the end boss of BL1.
Even the slow speed of the vehicles is probably designed to prolong the DLC.

Mr. Fix

So what's the difficulty rankings between Terramorphous, Vermivorous, Hyperius, and Master Gee on 2.5? I'm hoping Hyperius and MG aren't significantly weaker than Terramorphus at least.

FerranMG

Are there game stats available anywhere in the 360 version?
I'd like to know, at least, for how long I have played, and can't find it anywhere. :/

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I just hate that they keep doing to sidequests where you have to go right back to the area you just spent an hour+ in. Just give me the damn sidequest so I can do it the first time I run through.

Cheddahz

Banned
Hey, how do you start THVH mode? I have already done everything in my first playthrough, but when I select continue, it just takes me back to the game and doesn't allow me to start my second playthrough

Im up to the point where
sanctuary is a hole

Just get online and join someone elses game force them to warp to sanc and then spend and go back to your own game.

Dunlop

I finished my first playthrough as the Siren.Looking to try a different class and got a soldier to about lvl9,does the playstyle ever get more interesting or are you always just waiting for your turret timer to pop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom