• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

I know many already said this but, this is really awesome to speak to the community in such events.

People who truly like gaming can get more "love" for the game while playing the game after watching the kindness and effort from the people who made the game I'm playing (at least this happens to me). I hope this game sells well. I'm playing the first one on PS3 right now and will get this one too in the future. It's just amazing that there are truly fans who helped, raised money and paid for the game (this is the most important for me, if you know what I'm saying).

This is far more important than what platform people get, the console wars, etc. I'm just glad of the 2K way to say "Thank you" to all true fans.

I hope you all enjoy playing this on day one. I joined the hype on GAF with some great fellow GAFfers but my wallet won't allow me to get this right now.

Sorry for the text wall. ;)

Keys aren't out yet for the season pass as far as I know. Mine still hasn't shown.

?
BL2.png

Avinexus

The guns they are using have really high base damage. One of the guns had 12,000+ base damage. Wasn't the max in BL1 a little bit over 1k?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Are you referring to bosses from other games? They've been saying this one is the hardest in this game since they first mentioned him.

I was mainly going off what Randy was saying in the stream. He was saying this is a tough boss giving even max-level characters a run for their money, and is one of the toughest bosses in the game and the hardest in Raid Mode.

How he worded it, and this one enemy that has appeared a few times in spoiler images, makes me think there is one tougher, but I wouldn't know until I played the game.

Cyberia

So after seeing some unboxing videos of the Vault Hunter edition i decided to cancel my pre-order immediately. Hundred bucks...yeah piss off.

Standard edition for me.

Probably a dumb question, but... watching that Newegg video, are all of those particle effects from PhysX (orange sparks, more lighting from explosions, etc) or they just have different settings turned on?

Probably a dumb question, but... watching that Newegg video, are all of those particle effects from PhysX (orange sparks, more lighting from explosions, etc) or they just have different settings turned on?

You didn't watch the video, did you? They answered your question in the video, hell, it's what the video is about.

I wish I wasn't running AMD GPUs

EL Beefo

Some of the damage values even at level 30ish were in the high thousands. It's nuts.

Probably has to do with what they said about weapons becoming under powered faster compared to the first game. In BL1 you could get away with using a weapon 15 levels lower than yourself, but they said in this one you'll probably want something new after only five levels or so. The only way I could see that happening is if the stats increase in a more exponential way rather than linear, so you end up with weapons doing 10,000+ damage now.

You didn't watch the video, did you? They answered your question in the video, hell, it's what the video is about.

I wish I wasn't running AMD GPUs

I just skimmed through it and looked at the different effects, honestly. Watched the part where they explained it, so yeah.

Makes me want to keep my 660 ti now - I was originally going to dump it for the 3GB 7950, but I'm not sure any more. The PhysX effects just look too good in this game and I'll be spending a lot of time with it, so the game looking nice and all with all of those crazy effects would be nice. =)

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Probably has to do with what they said about weapons becoming under powered faster compared to the first game. In BL1 you could get away with using a weapon 15 levels lower than yourself, but they said in this one you'll probably want something new after only five levels or so. The only way I could see that happening is if the stats increase in a more exponential way rather than linear, so you end up with weapons doing 10,000+ damage now.
meh. the reason i used low level weps was because not only dmg, but also because it had an elemental effect.

Avinexus

Some of the damage values even at level 30ish were in the high thousands. It's nuts.

Very interesting. I didn't know that the damage values were going to be so much larger this time. I haven't been paying any attention to the guns until today. One of the rocket launchers in that video just posted showing off the PhysX stuff has 53,xxx base damage O.O

-PXG-

Was the PC version the lead platform for development. It seems like during press events and conventions, Gearbox made it a point to only use the PC version.

I hope both of my 560s are enough to get great visuals AND performance without too many frame dips. Just one of my cards has twice the amount if recommended vRAM. My CPU clocks at double the recommended speed as well.

I wanna crank shit up to the max without seeing a slideshow.

Gotchaye

Very helpful video. I feel pretty good about still having a GTX 460 after that. PhysX is neat, but I didn't see anything I just had to have. I wish they'd tried shooting or grenading the big river, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom