• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaldea

New screens

big_borderlands2004.jpg

big_borderlands2003.jpg

I'm getting all giddy over the colors. Those screens are beautiful.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Tzz, tzz Zer0's right hand in those screens.

Who can blame him.

PC people really win on this one

+ Best version
+ Cheapest version
+ Cheapest season pass

Paid less than $60 for both the game and season pass...can't beat that!

Fou-Lu

Hoping I'll be able to have a longer haired Maya, I like my women with long hair. Even shoulder length or a ponytail/braid would be an improvement...

Kaldea

Hoping I'll be able to have a longer haired Maya, I like my women with long hair. Even shoulder length or a ponytail/braid would be an improvement...

Yup, same. I have really long hair myself so I'm a big fan of it. :D

I can understand if they don't add it (has to move convincingly, etc.), but I'll be happy if there's something awesome looking anyway.

Chris R

+ Best version
+ Cheapest version
+ Cheapest season pass

Wish my friends were PC people :( I'm working on preaching the gospel, but the biggest gamer of the bunch just invested in a new computer with only intel integrated graphics :( At least he is using the steam account I made for him (and gifted it with a few humble bundles) in big picture mode now. Plus, I think I'm going to have a ton of issues playing the game with a pad on the 360... shame I can't use my KBM on the 360 to get the best controls and still be able to play with my friends :(

+ Best version
+ Cheapest version
+ Cheapest season pass

:( Stupid friends.

Wish my friends were PC people :( I'm working on preaching the gospel, but the biggest gamer of the bunch just invested in a new computer with only intel integrated graphics :( At least he is using the steam account I made for him (and gifted it with a few humble bundles) in big picture mode now. Plus, I think I'm going to have a ton of issues playing the game with a pad on the 360... shame I can't use my KBM on the 360 to get the best controls and still be able to play with my friends :(

I'm in the same boat.

I'm hoping I will have a decent experience with my GTX 295. I'm running an i7 with 12GB of DDR3 and my res will be 1920x1080. I really want to play with the PHYSX effects on medium at least. I don't feel like dropping $500 for a new card right now.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Warning! Xbox 360 version has been leaked!

Watch out for spoilers!

grendelrt

I'm hoping I will have a decent experience with my GTX 295. I'm running an i7 with 12GB of DDR3 and my res will be 1920x1080. I really want to play with the PHYSX effects on medium at least. I don't feel like dropping $500 for a new card right now.

If you have another PCI-E slot you could pick up an older card for like 30 - 50 bucks and use it as a dedicated physx card. Or you could go 660/670. I have seen 670 as low as 338 in the last couple weeks.

Ugh, I did something stupid. I double dipped and I can't really justify it considering I also have TL 2 and Guild Wars 2 to play on top of a mountain of other games. The last few months I've gone a little crazy with game purchases. I was quite actually responsible in the past but suddenly I want everything again.

If you have another PCI-E slot you could pick up an older card for like 30 - 50 bucks and use it as a dedicated physx card. Or you could go 660/670. I have seen 670 as low as 338 in the last couple weeks.

I think a cheap card would create a bottleneck for PHYSX. I'll try just the gtx 295 and if I am not happy I will probably get a 680.

Mupod

idRoryDzbgruq.jpg

Here's the Gunzerker build I'm thinking of. The plan is to use dual shotguns and run really fast. I'll reconsider and go deep Brawn if:

a)No Kill like Overkill sucks for shotguns - if it only counts the final pellet shot hit towards 'excess damage' then it'd be awful for this build. Hoping they took this into consideration though.

b)Myself or my co-op partner die a lot and I need the taunt/health regen. I think this is unlikely but you never know. I played Siren in the first game and I think that all you really need for survivability is a skill that lets you get out of harm's way really fast, and 70% run speed + a 50% heal seems like it'd do the trick.

Other than that I really like the look of the Gunlust tree and think it'd be a fun playstyle. Constantly switching guns, carrying a sniper rifle/rocket launcher for strategic use of Money Shot + All I Need is One, and not relying too heavily on Gunzerking while still making liberal use of it sounds like it'd work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom