• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

what was wrong with Moxxies underdome, in your opinion?

It makes for a painfully dull experience (past a number of rounds). General waves are in the same format and the randomized element (effect slot machine) don't mix things up enough to keep things interesting enough, largely.

Physical effects such as low gravity and extra speed are neat, but even when they show up, it can't make up for the mind-numbing round lengths required in order to advance in a DLC which I didn't find particularly rewarding (in narrative nor loot).

It comes with a bank, which can be quite useful. However, by the time I arrived to the DLC, there were few weapons I wanted to have for "keepsakes" (though there are other reasons one can use a Bank).

On more personals, Moxxi herself is not a great character. Her personality and lines run dry by the second arena. I found General Knoxx much more entertaining and he shows up just enough throughout the main story to not grind on me.

In comparison to the streamlined ClapTrap Revolution or large (though tiresome to drive through) General Knoxx DLC, Moxxi's Underdome doesn't hold a candle.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
girl on mic.

chat gets crazy "OMFG GIRLZ"

Edit: CLAPTRAP ON PANEL!

It makes for a painfully dull experience (past a number of rounds). General waves are in the same format and the randomized element (effect slot machine) don't mix things up enough to keep things interesting enough, largely.

Physical effects such as low gravity and extra speed are neat, but even when they show up, it can't make up for the mind-numbing round lengths required in order to advance in a DLC which I didn't find particularly rewarding (in narrative nor loot).

It comes with a bank, which can be quite useful. However, by the time I arrived to the DLC, there were few weapons I wanted to have for "keepsakes" (though there are other reasons one can use a Bank).

On more personals, Moxxi herself is not a great character. Her personality and lines run dry by the second arena. I found General Knoxx much more entertaining and he shows up just enough throughout the main story to not grind on me.

In comparison to the streamlined ClapTrap Revolution or large (though tiresome to drive through) General Knoxx DLC, Moxxi's Underdome doesn't hold a candle.

i think Moxxi's dlc would have worked better WITHOUT the randomized elements, just somewhat harder enemies, or a high volume at a time..playing it solo was too brutal to be fun really.

Ultimadrago

i think Moxxi's dlc would have worked better WITHOUT the randomized elements, just somewhat harder enemies, or a high volume at a time..playing it solo was too brutal to be fun really.

Indeed, it was definitely targeted towards multiplayer.
And I would have preferred larger constant volumes than many, many waves.

Edit: Sweet, a panel!

Edgeward

I hope game doesn't have as much driving required as the original did. I never finished Knoxx DLC because of how much driving there was and complete lack of waypoints. MORE WAYPOINTS PLEASE.

Ultimadrago

I hope game doesn't have as much driving required as the original did. I never finished Knoxx DLC because of how much driving there was and complete lack of waypoints. MORE WAYPOINTS PLEASE.

This is the DLC's largest weakness by miles. To complete all the missions was suffering.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Wonder if they'll accidentally let something slip like they did at the PAX Panel.

They slipped a secret costume set for the Borderlands 2 cast at the PAX event when debugging and going through costumes for Zero which made Zero 8-Bit.

Mupod

COVER THOSE CHILDRENS' EARS

ikhN5zcCdWCXb.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wonder if they'll accidentally let something slip like they did at the PAX Panel.

They slipped a secret costume set for the Borderlands 2 cast at the PAX event when debugging and going through costumes for Zero which made Zero 8-Bit.
Is there a screen of it somewhere?

red731

I want to do stuff! Tell me about DLC RANDY FUUUU

Maybe a trailer!!!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT HYPEEEe

edit: HOLYYYY SHIIYY
edit 2 FUCK OFF
edit 3 FUCK THAT, REALLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom