• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzy-4U

VPN works but you have to be connected to it to launch the game. If you go back to your connection, the games goes to pre-load again.

I'm in the game just fine now.

Toby

I don't suppose anyone else is trying to run this on windows 8?
wonder if that has something to do with this disk IO problem

RedSwirl

Shit. The only reason I didn't buy the first game was because I already had enough loot-whoring on my plate at the time. Now there's nothing else really in the way (didn't really get into Diablo III)... except Torchlight II comes out in two days, and is a third of the price. I'll probably end up getting this whenever I can afford it, but still...

Hawk269

What do I do??? The fucking Microsoft.net framework thing keeps repairing, asking me to reboot to finish, but it keeps doing it over and over. This is the 3rd fucking time I had to reboot.

bounchfx

are you fucking kidding me, you still can't skip the intro? I'm hoping you can for additional characters, but this is as bad as the first game lol.

Also, still have 1 more copy of the game available for the 4 pack price, shoot me a pm if you want to buy

What do I do??? The fucking Microsoft.net framework thing keeps repairing, asking me to reboot to finish, but it keeps doing it over and over. This is the 3rd fucking time I had to reboot.

I just found a fix. Go into your borderlands 2 folder, then the binaries folder. Rename the Redist folder to anything else. It'll be fine after that.

Urge to kick PC users while they're down..subsiding..BL2 launch induced euphoria kicking in..

May we all be able to play on the machine of our choice sooner rather than later.

1301670122922975.jpeg

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
are you fucking kidding me, you still can't skip the intro? I'm hoping you can for additional characters, but this is as bad as the first game lol.

Also, still have 1 more copy of the game available for the 4 pack price, shoot me a pm if you want to buy

You can after you make 1 char

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fuck, do I hav to sit through this .NET installation again too?! Why can't it just verify all the files it made last time?!

Razek

Banned
Surprising this game is way more taxing than I thought. I get 50's in the menus with no AA. Kind of disappointed there. Trying to do a very light SSAA cripples me to 30fps.

Also, the x axis turning with a controller even at 10 is WAY too slow.

Varna

got everything maxed and locked 60fps so far. amazing.

Same here. Game must be pretty well optimized. My 690GTX is downclocking like crazy, but I'm not losing a single frame!

Not a lot of AA options... in this going to be like the original were forcing better methods won't really improve the look because of the black outlines?

Same here. Game must be pretty well optimized. My 690GTX is downclocking like crazy, but I'm not losing a single frame!

Not a lot of AA options... in this going to be like the original were forcing better methods won't really improve the look because of the black outlines?

i have a GTX 570! lol.

CCnA8.png

Anyone get this? When I try to install the service it asks to restart, and I try to click Borderlands again and it comes up with the same dialogue in an infinite loop :( Already tried reinstalling steam

HoosTrax

So when do my pre-order bonuses show up in-game? It also gave me a message the first time I loaded that I got another bonus for having a BL1 save file on disk, not seeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom